Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old October 16 2013, 02:26 AM   #796
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Re: MLB Season Discussion - 2013

Scout101 wrote: View Post
And Sox pull out another one, this one against Verlander. 1-0, Lackey had a hell of a game. Shaking up to be a really tight series, no margin for error with the pitching performances both teams are putting out there...
Damn..... didn't see that one happening. Lacky must have really stepped up.
Old October 16 2013, 11:48 AM   #797
Scout101
Admiral

6 2/3, 8K, 0BB, 4H. Not too shabby. He got a reputation after being bad (likely due to injury) a couple years ago and then missing a year for TJ surgery, but he showed up in fantastic shape this year and has quietly been very good. W-L record doesn't show up as much, because he got crappy run support somehow compared to the rest of the starters, but was back to being in good control and had a low/mid 3s ERA for the year.

Detroit's been getting the credit for starting pitching (and they HAVE been amazing), but Boston has been hanging right there with them. Great series so far. Will see what happens when the #4 pitches slug it out today. Either it'll continue, or the offenses will finally go to work.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old October 16 2013, 12:18 PM   #798
Yanks
Fleet Captain

6 2/3, 8K, 0BB, 4H. Not too shabby. He got a reputation after being bad (likely due to injury) a couple years ago and then missing a year for TJ surgery, but he showed up in fantastic shape this year and has quietly been very good. W-L record doesn't show up as much, because he got crappy run support somehow compared to the rest of the starters, but was back to being in good control and had a low/mid 3s ERA for the year.

Detroit's been getting the credit for starting pitching (and they HAVE been amazing), but Boston has been hanging right there with them. Great series so far. Will see what happens when the #4 pitches slug it out today. Either it'll continue, or the offenses will finally go to work.
Agree. Poor Verlander... his team only scored 3 runs in his last 4 starts. All three in one game. He's only got 1 win to show for his effort with an era of something like .035 or something insane like that.
Old October 17 2013, 12:50 AM   #799
Pondwater
Commodore

Dodgers hang on and win 6-4.
Old October 17 2013, 05:36 AM   #800
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Cardinals not going quietly though...

Nice to see the Tigers remembering how to hit tonight as well. And for once Benoit didn't blow it.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old October 19 2013, 04:16 AM   #801
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

Cards really pouring it on tonight. Looks like the 2013 WS will be a rematch of either '04 or '06!
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old October 19 2013, 04:36 AM   #802
Pondwater
Commodore

Hopefully, with the ' 06 results.
Old October 20 2013, 09:35 AM   #803
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

Well, I'm a Mets fan and native New Yorker. Who did live in New England or close to it for 33 years.

Go Sox! I hate to say it, but that shit at the end of marathon, got me on the Boston Strong wagon.
Old October 20 2013, 02:48 PM   #804
Danny99
Vice Admiral

See you next year folks! Though I may jump in for any non-World Series topics, my interest in the playoffs will now going from fledgling to zero.
Old October 20 2013, 02:59 PM   #805
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Sox & Cards... lots of red on the TV screen...
Old October 20 2013, 03:46 PM   #806
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

For the next week and a half I consider myself a Cardinals fan!

(actually I always had a lot of respect for them anyway. I'm definitely glad they won the NLCS. And at least they don't all look like Charlie Daniels, which will definitely help during the WS.)
Old October 20 2013, 03:47 PM   #807
Yanks
Fleet Captain

George Steinbrenner wrote: View Post
For the next week and a half I consider myself a Cardinals fan!

(actually I always had a lot of respect for them anyway. I'm definitely glad they won the NLCS. And at least they don't all look like Charlie Daniels, which will definitely help during the WS.)
This should be a great WS.

I'm an AL East guy first, then an AL guy.

So while I won't lose any sleep if the Sox lose, I'll be routing for my AL.
Old October 20 2013, 04:59 PM   #808
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

baseball is canceled
Old October 20 2013, 05:32 PM   #809
Scout101
Admiral

World Series, baby!

Should be a great matchup, and it's nice that it actually worked out this year and the top two teams in baseball managed to make it to the end. Should be a strong series...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old October 20 2013, 06:22 PM   #810
Yanks
Fleet Captain

World Series, baby!

Should be a great matchup, and it's nice that it actually worked out this year and the top two teams in baseball managed to make it to the end. Should be a strong series...
Congrats Red Sox fan!!

Like I said, I'll be rooting for them
Closed Thread