Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 17 2013, 05:52 AM   #31
cylkoth
Commodore

Re: Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
Thursdays for five years, Fridays for two years, Wednesdays for one year, and now Tuesdays. I think the CW expected it to die off on Friday night, but instead it's remained one of the network's top shows.
It's debut season on the WB, aired on Tuesday night for season 1, before relocating to Thursdays in the second year.
Old October 17 2013, 06:09 AM   #32
Skywalker
Admiral

cylkoth wrote: View Post
Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
Thursdays for five years, Fridays for two years, Wednesdays for one year, and now Tuesdays. I think the CW expected it to die off on Friday night, but instead it's remained one of the network's top shows.
It's debut season on the WB, aired on Tuesday night for season 1, before relocating to Thursdays in the second year.
Ah, okay. I didn't start watching the show until the Season Two premiere (after which I promptly tore through Season One ). After looking it up on Wikipedia, it looks like most of Season One aired on Tuesdays before the WB moved it to Thursdays for its last few eps. You learn something new every day.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 09:46 AM   #33
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

antichristhill wrote: View Post
RJDemonicus wrote: View Post
And Kevin was tough enough to resist Crowley, at least to the extent of letting him go; Dean declared Kevin family; Abbadon established herself as a more aggressive Big Bad than Crowley; Crowley has been confirmed as compromised by last season's purging; and having an Angel inside him seems to be healing Sam's mind as well as his injuries. Although Zeke's wings looked a bit tattered and torn to me.
^Yes, they did. I thought that was a nice touch.
Me, too. I don't think many people noticed, though.
Old October 17 2013, 12:11 PM   #34
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

I found it odd that Zeke had so much power at his disposal when just days before he was barely able to stand.
Nice to see new hunters show up even if they end up being demon fodder. Now where is Garth?
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 06:11 PM   #35
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Maybe the writer's haven't forgetten just how powerful Sam really is. I mean, if he can supercharge himself on demon blood, who's to say what he can do with a full-blown angel inside of him.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 07:21 PM   #36
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

There was one continuity issue that nagged at me. When we first learned about the Men of Letters bunker, we were told it was warded against any known evil. It is why it is supposed to be such a safe place.

With those wards in place, how could the Winchesters bring the King of Hell into the bunker? It should have been impossible.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 07:26 PM   #37
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

But I thought Crowley had been spiritually castrated after Dean tortured him and performed a ritual last season.
Old October 17 2013, 07:39 PM   #38
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Avada Kedavra wrote: View Post
But I thought Crowley had been spiritually castrated after Dean tortured him and performed a ritual last season.
He still seemed pretty evil to me in the way he tried to torment Kevin.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Old October 17 2013, 07:50 PM   #39
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Avada Kedavra wrote: View Post
You mean Sam.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 08:23 PM   #40
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Right. One of Sammy's missions was to exorcise a demon, so the brothers decided to go with Crowley.
Old October 17 2013, 08:31 PM   #41
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
There was one continuity issue that nagged at me. When we first learned about the Men of Letters bunker, we were told it was warded against any known evil. It is why it is supposed to be such a safe place.

With those wards in place, how could the Winchesters bring the King of Hell into the bunker? It should have been impossible.
They had recordings of the actual Men of Letters bringing demons into the bunker, and that entire room was designed for such things.

I believe the wards are more about keeping the location secret more than anything else (hence the blindfold and earphones they put Crowley in). Sort of like the wards etched onto the Winchesters' bones keep angels or demons from being able to find them. But if they're invited in/brought in/send out a signal/whatever, the wards are pretty useless. Maybe a bit of the whole legendary "can't enter unless invited, but the invitation can be revoked" schtick from vampire legends thrown in for good measure.

That and/or it just completely nullifies any powers they try to use within the bunker.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2013, 06:42 AM   #42
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

It's one of those things you usually can ignore but with Crowley in that perfectly pristine trunk of the Impala I couldn't help but wonder where they keep their belongings. I suspect there's a pocket dimension in the glove compartment.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2013, 06:54 PM   #43
Snaploud
Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
It's one of those things you usually can ignore but with Crowley in that perfectly pristine trunk of the Impala I couldn't help but wonder where they keep their belongings. I suspect there's a pocket dimension in the glove compartment.
Obviously, the Men of Letters bunker has access to TARDIS technology.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2013, 06:15 AM   #44
JD
Admiral

Really enjoyed the last episode. Abbadon is a good villain, and any episode with Crowley can't be too bad. I always enjoy it when we get to meet other hunters.

What ever happened to the spin-off, is that still in the works? I just realized I haven't heard anything about it in a while.
Old October 20 2013, 09:47 AM   #45
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
What ever happened to the spin-off, is that still in the works? I just realized I haven't heard anything about it in a while.
The plan is that a backdoor pilot would be aired near the end of this season. If it does well in ratings and reaction we may see it in the 2014 season.