TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 13 2013, 11:52 PM   #31
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Re: Sons of Anarchy Season 6

Watched the episode again and from the previews for this coming week's episode - the TABLE SURVIVES! Sorta... looks alright-ish probably blown off its legs but that's fixable

But a part of me wonders if maybe this will prove to Jax and the rest of the club that guns are toxic to the club and that he was right all along - since like the friggin' Pilot episode where he was saying even then that they should get out of guns. They really had more than one chance to just tell the Kings that they were out. And really this is all on Galen that weasly prick. Jax wanted out, he gave them other options

But yeah Jax needs to start TALKING to his club before he ends up with a massive black patch over his reaper tattoo on his back...

I have this feeling that Charming is going to explode into all out war... between the Irish and Samcro and the cops... yikes man
Old October 14 2013, 01:43 AM   #32
Yoda
Rear Admiral

^Yeah but didn't Jax do some bullshit to double down on guns in regards to the RICO shit? I don't think he has any high ground on the gun issue these days.

Yoda wrote: View Post
I know this show is about Jacks and all, but I really wish they'd get rid of him. Kill him off. Let him focus on those 50 Shades of Grey movie. I just have no interest in the character. He makes Clay look infinitely redeemable by comparison.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1483639

Charlie Hunnam reads TrekBBS and is out to spite me -- confirmed!
Old October 14 2013, 03:58 AM   #33
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

hahaha that's funny Yoda -

He doubled down on guns to get Gallindo taken care of quicker and it was Gallindo that really sorta pushed for it. Hell it was that dick Romeo that really screwed things up between Samcro and the Irish. I mean, Jax was basically being played both sides, Romeo and his boys come in and storm a meet with Samcro and Galen and Galen was pissy because his boy Clay wasn't there and then here comes all these Mexicans with guns, kill a few of Galen's men and basically steal the guns. "These are on Samcro." like WTF. The CIA boys were just as dirty. And really I THINK had Galen just gotten his head out of his arse and had a real sit down with Jax, I'm pretty sure Jax would have rolled on him and said "Look man these guys aren't just Cartel, they're bigger than that and you do NOT want to piss them off. You do realize we almost had a big ass RICO case go down and it wouldn't have just gotten Samcro killed, it would have taken down you guys at the IRA. So quit being so greedy." "Bloody hell why didn' ye say so. A'right... we're done here. I didn' know the Feds were building a RICO case, fock... that would have really set all our operations back. Thanks for tellin' me laddie. I'll tell the Kings we start sellin' out of New York instead of Cali, at least until the heat's off. Be good brother, take care of your club and don't fock it up." "Right. Thanks Galen."

But... this is Kurt Sutter he doesn't make ANYTHING easy.
Old October 16 2013, 10:37 PM   #34
3chordboy
Commander

Oh thank fuck! some glimmers of hope for SAMCRO after a brutal few episodes. Makes me worry that Sutter is about to hit us with something truly shocking though...he can't stand to see his characters happy for too long.
3chordboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 11:13 PM   #35
Gov Kodos
Admiral

With how the show started out, I think it might be fitting for Wendy to be the last one standing and leaving Charming with the kids.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 07:18 AM   #36
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Last night's was pretty good actually - nice to see Bobby back in the fold. And here we were all worried the charter would fold! The crooked cops were a nice plot point, kinda showed how the MC could still be their usual bad brutal selves, but still dispensed some justice and actually had a glimmer of what the MC was before they basically had to play soldiers to defend themselves.

Plus it was nice to see some old faces again.

Although I am very curious to see what Sutter is going to pull out of his ass to screw with the boys. The episode ended with the MC actually in an alright position for once. Even if Tara is getting close being screwed blued and tattooed by that black chick.

"Time to get ghetto" LOL so she pulls of her wig and lets the dread fly. Uhm here I thought we were going to see her be a he/she like that other tranny LOL
Old October 17 2013, 02:41 PM   #37
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

The Kings' reaction to the fact that Gaalen's lieutenant was still alive was quite telling. They all immediately looked at him and gave him the look like, "you told us the MC would kill him". Gaalen looked visibly uncomfortable - his stock definitely sank a couple points in their book - that thread is definitely not done with.

Next week's preview shows a catfight between Tara and Gemma. Methinks Tara's little shoot n' scoot plan is going to be out of the bag soon. I'm thinking Unser will fall prey once again to his unrequited feelings towards Gemma and let loose Tara's plans by accident, and then the shit will hit the fan.
Old October 18 2013, 02:48 AM   #38
Shanndee
Commodore

I am so glad to see the humour return to this show. It was part of what made it essential viewing for me in season one. I loved Chibs standing on his bike yelling "that boy ain't right!" during the chase scene. That being said...I'm worried that Juice is close to some sort of breaking point which will result in a violent death sooner rather than later.

I was hoping Juice would join Bobby's Nomad crew. But clearly that is now a non starter.

I watch the show on Super Channel (no commercials!). They don't show previews for upcoming episodes, but from what you've described it does sound like Unser will be Tara's undoing.

<so happy the table survived! The gouges and burn marks will just add to its character!>

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 09:59 PM   #39
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Watching this episode again - I have to admit, it has a very Season 1/2 feel. Best one of the season so far really. The whole story with the chop shop cops was funny actually and who knows maybe it'll play in later - Sutter seems to like doing that. Maybe they'll run up against another MC or something and they need some "sacrificial" bikes
Old November 21 2013, 09:08 PM   #40
billcosby
Commodore

Some pivotal shit went down with SAMCRO this Tuesday. Did anyone see it? It's been a nice climb of tension this season. Hopefully the final ones will fulfill the anticipation.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 09:22 PM   #41
Q2UnME
Commodore

^ "Pivotal Shit" is an understatement in my opinion. I watched the episode and the pivital moment had me completely "Did they just do that!?!" I'll chime in more once a few days have passed and more folks have a chance to view this episode.

Can't throw spoilers out there on this one....

Q2

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot

Last edited by Q2UnME; November 21 2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: fix typo
Q2UnME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 12:38 AM   #42
3chordboy
Commander

I really felt like series 5 was spinning the wheels but this series has completely made up for it. there has been more story crammed into this season than ever before. and the last episode.... wow, all i will say is....... fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!
3chordboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2013, 04:03 PM   #43
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Ohhhh Sutter is a crafty bastard that's for sure - I mean... these past few you KNEW something BIG was going down but now.... yiiiikes.

Although without spoiling things - I really really think Tara is a dead woman OR OR... she's going to surprise us all and pull a 180 and support Jax and the club after something happens and leave Hood-sister DA spinning her wheels.

Or the black lady gonna die.

No one is safe. BUT I do like where things with Nero and Gemma are going and that triangle with Unser. Honestly I'm shipping the hell out of Nero/Gemma - but Unser's always been there for her. But I think she sees him as like the big brother not the lover. Nero is far more lover than brother.

Plus hey... it's kinda nice to see a Latino put in a decent light on this series for once, usually the Mexicans are the 'bad guys', especially earlier on - with the whole Mayans and Cartel stuff. Nice to see Nero kinda show 'yeah we're bad, but we ain't all bad Ese."
Old November 23 2013, 07:47 PM   #44
Shanndee
Commodore

I hope enough time has passed, since I don't want to spoil anyone...so...I knew it had to happen, but I am really going to miss watching that actor work!

I want Jax and Gemma to die slow, painful deaths. I want Tara to go to jail. I want Wendy to recover and survive. I want Nero to run far and run fast, but it is far to late for that.

How messed up is a show that has me feeling that the only decent character left is a pimp??

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2013, 10:39 PM   #45
billcosby
Commodore

I've never seen a thread avoid spoilers so well.
My money's on Tara to go next... although Sutter will likely pull a fast one and kill off someone else entirely.

Is anyone aware of the trope/drinking game for this series regarding the quotation, "are you okay?" Watch for it. In most episodes, you can hear this statement several times by nearly every character to every single other character. Everyone is always checking if other people are okay. There is an excellent and hilarious YouTube video that compiles them all but I couldn't find the link to share it here... anyway, watch for it.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote