Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old October 17 2013, 07:58 PM   #256
Xip
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What Are You Wearing?

Same thing the swedisch guy is doing with it: rocking it!
Xip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 08:18 PM   #257
Green Shirt
Commodore

Blue tee shirt, black shorts, (mostly)white underpants, black socks.
Old October 18 2013, 05:53 AM   #258
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Dark jeans and a teal v-neck shirt.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 07:21 AM   #259
Melakon
Vice Admiral

A smile.
--Wee Wee Monsieur (1938)
Melakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 02:29 PM   #260
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

My birthday suit.
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 02:53 PM   #261
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Bork! wrote: View Post
^You are just insisting on teasing me aren't you?

Not wearing anything special now, but got my kilt yesterday. Here's the first pic of it on!

Gonna try and put it on more proper later today, i wear an actually proper shirt instead of my work shirt, and take some more pics of it with better lighting.
Dashing! I really dig the color choice!

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
Looking good, Emher! I love kilts.

Do you realize that now I'm bound to share my kilt picture too, right?
We're waiting.
Bloody Green Shirt wrote: View Post
... (mostly)white underpants...
Ew?

For me today, tweedy black trousers and a tweedy grey vest over a black lacy tank top. Black and tan shoes. Didn't have time to snap a pic this morning, but I will if I'm not too grumpy when I get home.

I am also wearing a new medic alert bracelet. I admit that passive stubbornness has kept me from wearing one for the past several years. I always felt they were cramping my style, they're kind of ugly, and always much too big. Just annoying overall. Recently, though, I've been experiencing more wobbliness and faint when my blood sugar drops -- and if I do pass out it's really only a matter of minutes, maybe a half hour till I'm dead. I figured I should suck it up and be mature and start wearing one again. I splurged on the sterling silver and custom chain, which helps because it's not as ugly and it actually fits my tiny wrist. I was pleasantly surprised at how many styles they offer these days!

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 03:30 PM   #262
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

^ Sorry you need it, but that does look very nice for a medical alert bracelet. Congrats on your new-found maturity!
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 04:06 PM   #263
iguana_tonante
Admiral

I agree, it's quite pretty!

Jewellery is not really my thing, even tho it's not uncommon in Italy for men to wear a ring or a gold chain necklace. I have a couple that I got as gifts when I was a boy, but I never actually wore them. I used to wear a leather cord necklace when I was younger (mostly in summer), but these days I don't really care about it.

Kreacher wrote: View Post
Iguana: Yes, now you're bound to show your kilt picture. But what's an Italian guy doing with a kilt?
Showing off my legs, what else!

(I bought one in Inverness when I was in holiday in Scotland a few years ago. I am sure I already told the story how I asked for "the little bag that comes with it", only to have the very hairy and very offended clerk answer me with a growling "it's called a sporran!" )

thestrangledcorpse wrote: View Post
We're waiting.
The wait is over.

I have been told it's too short, so I probably need to wear it lower. But I'm just the kind of guy that could wear a mini-kilt. Dekerd notoriously called me a tart for that. I cannot really argue with it.
Old October 18 2013, 04:24 PM   #264
Xip
Lieutenant Commander

That's pretty awesome! ^^
Xip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 04:38 PM   #265
Zion Ravescene
is doing this now

Today it is raining, so it's a raincoat-over-hoodie day. Plus a rain hat I picked up from the north of England a few years ago.

I could do with a second hoodie. It can't be healthy, wearing the same one all the time.

Bork! wrote: View Post
Not wearing anything special now, but got my kilt yesterday. Here's the first pic of it on!

Gonna try and put it on more proper later today, i wear an actually proper shirt instead of my work shirt, and take some more pics of it with better lighting.
Yay, the famous kilt! Awesome stuff.

I have been told it's too short, so I probably need to wear it lower. But I'm just the kind of guy that could wear a mini-kilt. Dekerd notoriously called me a tart for that. I cannot really argue with it.
I don't think that's too short at all, although with the impressively sized sporran I can see why people might suggest it's a little short. From my experience, the best guide for kilt length is that you should be able to flash a bit of kneecap while walking. The jacket and dark kneesocks combo goes brilliantly with the rest of the gear - I can imagine you striding down the streets of Aberdeen in all of that. If you can get hold of a skean dhu tucked underneath one of the stockings, that'll complete the awesomeness.

"In Germany, fear comes before sex... and if you're lucky, then a little bit later, an elf." -- Victoria Coren Mitchell
People call me Zion Ravescene...
Zion Ravescene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 04:56 PM   #266
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

I agree, it's quite pretty!

Jewellery is not really my thing, even tho it's not uncommon in Italy for men to wear a ring or a gold chain necklace. I have a couple that I got as gifts when I was a boy, but I never actually wore them. I used to wear a leather cord necklace when I was younger (mostly in summer), but these days I don't really care about it.
I'm not big into jewelry either, and I have very little and wear even less. The ring in that picture is a pearl set in silver that my mother gave me, and I have a sapphire in silver that my dad gave me. I swap those out. I have a silver key I've worn around my neck for about 12 years, and I hardly ever wear other necklaces. I go through phases with earrings (I do have some amazing earrings, though: silver TARDISes, silver fibonacci spirals, Scrabble tile WTF/OMG earrings, etc). I just find too much jewelry feels in the way.

On men I don't really find too much jewelry attractive. I do like a piece or two here and there: I like rings -- simple, thick bands, not bling. I like a nice watch. Maybe an earring on the right guy. Maybe a bracelet on the right guy.

Kreacher wrote: View Post
Iguana: Yes, now you're bound to show your kilt picture. But what's an Italian guy doing with a kilt?
Showing off my legs, what else!

(I bought one in Inverness when I was in holiday in Scotland a few years ago. I am sure I already told the story how I asked for "the little bag that comes with it", only to have the very hairy and very offended clerk answer me with a growling "it's called a sporran!" )

We're waiting.
The wait is over.

Dayamn, boy.

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 05:09 PM   #267
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

Cool! Very, very cool!
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 09:43 PM   #268
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

Dashing! I really dig the color choice!
Thanks! I did look for a while on the site I ordered from before settling on the Douglas tartan. It really is perfectly in my color set. Can't say the same about my work shirt. I am going to get better pics of the kilt and it on me, it's just that I've been home sick for two days and have looked like shit.

Great looking bracelet!

And iguana, looking good! I was to get a sporran as well but messed up. Will see if I have room to order it on my next salary.
Old October 19 2013, 02:20 AM   #269
An Officer
Vice Admiral

V-neck electric blue t-shirt, grey and blue long-johns.
Old October 19 2013, 02:30 AM   #270
Zion Ravescene
is doing this now

Stupidly I left my snug grey oversized Faroese jumper somewhere (but I don't know where), so tonight I'm cold.

"In Germany, fear comes before sex... and if you're lucky, then a little bit later, an elf." -- Victoria Coren Mitchell
People call me Zion Ravescene...
Zion Ravescene is offline   Reply With Quote