RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,778
Posts: 5,217,038
Members: 24,216
Currently online: 841
Newest member: momogila

TrekToday headlines

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 16 2013, 09:43 PM   #31
Lonemagpie
Writer
 
Lonemagpie's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

Fuck, I saw the thread title and thought Belzer had died!
__________________
"I got two modes with people- Bite, and Avoid"
Reading: The Book Of Lies (Brad Meltzer)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 09:49 PM   #32
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

tighr wrote: View Post
Starbreaker wrote: View Post
That quote from her abductor in the fist episode of the season about how she would eventually call out 'his' name when he was attacking her and then her heartfelt speech to that bad cop in the most recent episode beg to differ.
That could be because she views Stabler as the type of cop who could come to her rescue. She doesn't "love" him so much as she views him as almost like a personal saviour.
Agreed. And as I said, she probably did have a crush on him. If Stabler had not been married, who knows what could have happened? But Liv is not a homewrecker and she knows enough to stay away from married guys. Notice how she didn't go after Stabler even when he and his wife were separated?
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 04:02 AM   #33
Gary Mitchell
Admiral
 
Gary Mitchell's Avatar
 
Location: ¯\_(°·O)_/¯ Florida
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

They didn't devote much of the episode to Munch, but what else is new? At least they left it open for him to make a guest appearance if Richard Belzer wants to. It was nice to see Munch's old Homicide comrade Detective Meldrick Lewis (Clark Johnson) at his send off. I didn't like that they only credited him as 'party guest' instead of Meldrick Lewis.
__________________
Born when she kissed me, died when she left me, lived whilst she loved me.
Gary Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 04:20 AM   #34
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

Festering Esper wrote: View Post
They didn't devote much of the episode to Munch, but what else is new? At least they left it open for him to make a guest appearance if Richard Belzer wants to. It was nice to see Munch's old Homicide comrade Detective Meldrick Lewis (Clark Johnson) at his send off. I didn't like that they only credited him as 'party guest' instead of Meldrick Lewis.
I didn't watch the episode, but the "party guest" was probably so they didn't need to pay the writers of Homicide for using their character.
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 04:29 AM   #35
Gary Mitchell
Admiral
 
Gary Mitchell's Avatar
 
Location: ¯\_(°·O)_/¯ Florida
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

^Yeah, probably.
__________________
Born when she kissed me, died when she left me, lived whilst she loved me.
Gary Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 07:45 AM   #36
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

I was disappointed that so little of the episode dealt with Munch's retirement.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 03:15 AM   #37
Danny99
Vice Admiral
 
Danny99's Avatar
 
Location: Cookstown, Ontario, Canada
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

sojourner wrote: View Post
I was disappointed that so little of the episode dealt with Munch's retirement.
I was happy that it didn't fall into the cliche's of him being killed off, or captured, or any one of the million ways that Law & Order has written out characters.

It was quiet, it was subtle, and it fit his character.
__________________
The poster previously known as canadaboy_32
Danny99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 07:00 AM   #38
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

I have no problem with how the character left the show, just the fact that it only took 2 minutes of screen time.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 06:04 PM   #39
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral
 
A beaker full of death's Avatar
 
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Festering Esper wrote: View Post
They didn't devote much of the episode to Munch, but what else is new? At least they left it open for him to make a guest appearance if Richard Belzer wants to. It was nice to see Munch's old Homicide comrade Detective Meldrick Lewis (Clark Johnson) at his send off. I didn't like that they only credited him as 'party guest' instead of Meldrick Lewis.
I didn't watch the episode, but the "party guest" was probably so they didn't need to pay the writers of Homicide for using their character.
Based on what they did with Andre Braugher, maybe it wasn't Lewis at all, just someone who looks and sounds just like him.
__________________
"shall not be infringed" is naturally open to infringements of all kinds, because shut up and think of the children.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...#ixzz2ImW0V3GV
A beaker full of death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 07:24 PM   #40
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral
 
Starbreaker's Avatar
 
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

Sending him to the DA's office was a good move so we can see him a few times a season. I thought it was a really good episode over all.
Starbreaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 08:47 PM   #41
tighr
Commodore
 
tighr's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
Sending him to the DA's office was a good move so we can see him a few times a season. I thought it was a really good episode over all.
It's what they did with Jerry Orbach, but unfortunately he passed away (and L&O:TBJ was cancelled anyway).
__________________
~Tighr™: Not helping the situation since 1983
tighr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2013, 03:01 AM   #42
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Festering Esper wrote: View Post
They didn't devote much of the episode to Munch, but what else is new? At least they left it open for him to make a guest appearance if Richard Belzer wants to. It was nice to see Munch's old Homicide comrade Detective Meldrick Lewis (Clark Johnson) at his send off. I didn't like that they only credited him as 'party guest' instead of Meldrick Lewis.
I didn't watch the episode, but the "party guest" was probably so they didn't need to pay the writers of Homicide for using their character.
I see that Munch's brother and both of his ex-wives were in the crowd as well. Played by, AFAIK, the same actors who played them in H:LOTS. Were any of them credited by name?
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2013, 03:18 AM   #43
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

Carol Kane has appeared on L&O as Munch's wife, so no surprise she'd show again.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2013, 03:19 AM   #44
Gary Mitchell
Admiral
 
Gary Mitchell's Avatar
 
Location: ¯\_(°·O)_/¯ Florida
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

^^ I'm not sure. I was only looking out for Clark Johnson's name. Did Munch have more than one brother? The brother that was on this episode was a different actor than the one I remember from Homicide. The episode when they discovered that Crosetti had killed himself, Munch went to his mortician brother to get a deal on a casket.
__________________
Born when she kissed me, died when she left me, lived whilst she loved me.
Gary Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2013, 03:19 AM   #45
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

Carol Kane was on L&O as Gwen? I didn't know that. Which episode was it?
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.