RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,667
Members: 24,819
Currently online: 427
Newest member: Werner Bitterli

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 10 2013, 11:31 PM   #16
Snaploud
Admiral

Re: Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Takeru wrote: View Post
Snaploud wrote: View Post
I'm not convinced Ezekiel is benevolent.
I really hope he is, it would be sad if Castiel is the only decent Angel, of course the Winchesters can't meet too many because having an army of angel allies would make their job too easy but I want to see at least one, Ezekiel is weak so the writers have an excuse for him not using his powers to help all the time.
They could always make him a morally-grey character. He could be stealing Sam's body with the intent of doing good for (other) humans.

Castiel is also a bit morally-grey. He took the body of a guy who was married with a kid, and it's not as if his other actions have always been good.

Last edited by Snaploud; October 11 2013 at 12:02 AM.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 12:47 AM   #17
Mr Light
Admiral

Enjoyable opener and I'm looking forward to this season's premise. Hopefully Castiel will be a full series regular again like he was in S5.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 02:36 AM   #18
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

I wanted more Grace Phipps! Too bad she was a one off

I kind of liked the idea of her and Cas going off to see the grand canyon, and learning how to be independent, would have been an interesting storyline if there were other angels out there like that for reals, just looking for direction, and they kinda started a new group of angels

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 02:43 AM   #19
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

She was excellent on the Nine Lives of Chloe King.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 03:38 AM   #20
Skywalker
Admiral

Did I misunderstand the "rules" for angelic possession that the show previously laid out, or did the current writers change them? Based on what happened with Castiel/Jimmy and then the whole bit about Heaven resurrecting Adam so that he could serve as Michael's vessel, I thought angels could only possess people of a specific bloodline. Yet Ezekiel was able to possess Sam's body just as easily as he possessed the body of whoever Penikett's guy was called.

Still, that's a minor quibble. It'll be interesting to see where that storyline goes. I doubt Dean would have accepted Ezekiel's offer to wipe his memory of the event. And I wonder if Castiel is going to get his grace back eventually. I suppose the cliche would be that he decides he likes mortal life and refuses to take it back when he has the chance.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 04:06 AM   #21
Snaploud
Admiral

Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
Did I misunderstand the "rules" for angelic possession that the show previously laid out, or did the current writers change them? Based on what happened with Castiel/Jimmy and then the whole bit about Heaven resurrecting Adam so that he could serve as Michael's vessel, I thought angels could only possess people of a specific bloodline. Yet Ezekiel was able to possess Sam's body just as easily as he possessed the body of whoever Penikett's guy was called.
I believe Castiel told Jimmy that his bloodline allowed him to comfortably host an angel presence without suffering ill effects. Lucifer's host, for instance, gradually rotted, and the other archangels had a tendency to hollow-out their hosts.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 04:53 AM   #22
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Yeah, they've always been able to possess just about anyone. It's just some bloodlines/hosts are more suitable for long term possession than others. And with all of the angels having fallen to earth, and only so many hosts available, it's no surprise that they're desperate to get any kind of suitable body they can by any means necessary.

That said, if this is the same Ezekiel who was a prophet that God rose from a human to divinity, and especially since Castiel not only knows of him but knows him to be one of the "good guys," I'm leaning towards him being, you know, one of the good guys. Especially since we've seen so very few angels who were. Having yet another douchebag angel would just be boring and repetitive at this point.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 05:50 AM   #23
Skywalker
Admiral

Okay, got it. So angels aren't tied to specific bloodlines, it's just that certain bloodlines are more "compatible" and preferable to others. I did remember Nick as Lucifer's vessel in Season Five, but I always assumed he had the right bloodline for it (albeit not one as pure as Sam's).

I agree that having Ezekiel be yet another bad guy angel with an ulterior motive would be boring. Hopefully for once the Winchesters have encountered another angel who's actually on the level.
Old October 11 2013, 06:03 AM   #24
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

How about trade the word "pure" for "specific" and not specific for Angels in general but specific for specific Angels.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2013, 09:49 AM   #25
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

The host body for Cass's friend was already starting to deteriorate as they were driving along.
Old October 16 2013, 06:17 AM   #26
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I feel there wasn't really much that happened in tonight's episode. Abbadon returned and tried to make a half-assed attempt to fight Sam and Dean and find out where Crowley was. Ezekiel took over Sam's consciousness at the last minute and defeated Abbie's demons. Then Crowley tried to get into Kevin's head by telling him his mother was still alive.
Old October 16 2013, 10:37 PM   #27
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

And Kevin was tough enough to resist Crowley, at least to the extent of letting him go; Dean declared Kevin family; Abbadon established herself as a more aggressive Big Bad than Crowley; Crowley has been confirmed as compromised by last season's purging; and having an Angel inside him seems to be healing Sam's mind as well as his injuries. Although Zeke's wings looked a bit tattered and torn to me.
Old October 17 2013, 01:57 AM   #28
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Ach, I missed this again, didn't it use to air on Wednesday? I'm not used to it being on Tuesday, I'll have to set the DVR to record new episodes as they air.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 03:58 AM   #29
Skywalker
Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Ach, I missed this again, didn't it use to air on Wednesday? I'm not used to it being on Tuesday, I'll have to set the DVR to record new episodes as they air.
Thursdays for five years, Fridays for two years, Wednesdays for one year, and now Tuesdays. I think the CW expected it to die off on Friday night, but instead it's remained one of the network's top shows.
Old October 17 2013, 05:39 AM   #30
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

RJDemonicus wrote: View Post
And Kevin was tough enough to resist Crowley, at least to the extent of letting him go; Dean declared Kevin family; Abbadon established herself as a more aggressive Big Bad than Crowley; Crowley has been confirmed as compromised by last season's purging; and having an Angel inside him seems to be healing Sam's mind as well as his injuries. Although Zeke's wings looked a bit tattered and torn to me.
^Yes, they did. I thought that was a nice touch.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote