Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 14 2013, 04:20 PM   #16
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Goodbye, Det. Munch

The original article said that Belzer would only do the show in the first place if Dean Winters played his partner. I wonder if Belzer had anything to do with getting Winters *back* on the show after being away for so long...

Speaking of which: Whoever invented the hashtag "Bensidy" should be shot without trial. Along with who invented the general concept of cute code names for onscreen couples in the first place.

(Benson and Cassidy do go well together though.)
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 05:22 PM   #17
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Olivia's relationship with Cassidy is going to end very badly when she admits that she's still in love with Stabler.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 05:35 PM   #18
Rhaven
Captain

antichristhill wrote: View Post
Damn, dude, don't scare me like that! I saw this thread and thought Richard Belzer had died!

Me too!
Old October 14 2013, 09:19 PM   #19
Aldo
Admiral

Thirded!
Old October 15 2013, 01:10 AM   #20
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
Olivia's relationship with Cassidy is going to end very badly when she admits that she's still in love with Stabler.
It's that kind of crap that has marred SVU. Especially in last week's episode when she came down hard on the female cop for expecting her male partner to love her back. Why couldn't there be a friendship and a working relationship? They seem to be able to do it well with Fin and Rollins.
Old October 15 2013, 01:48 AM   #21
Data Holmes
Admiral

Det. Munch was my favorite charecter on SVU, and way underused. Apparently the charecter is leaving to take a job as "special investigator for the attorney generals office" leaving future guest appearances open.

I'd love to see him get a spin off show out of this where he is the lead. Oh, and a guest appearance on Castle would be great.
Old October 15 2013, 03:29 AM   #22
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

Not that I've watched the show in a few years (Mariska's increasingly magnificent tits and ass just isn't enough to get me to suffer through the absurd plots and poor writing), but now there's that much less reason to watch this show. Munch rocked!
Old October 15 2013, 04:20 AM   #23
Triskelion
Rear Admiral

Great character, great comedian, been a fan of Belzer since his standup days.
Triskelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 04:43 AM   #24
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Danny99 wrote: View Post
It's that kind of crap that has marred SVU. Especially in last week's episode when she came down hard on the female cop for expecting her male partner to love her back. Why couldn't there be a friendship and a working relationship? They seem to be able to do it well with Fin and Rollins.
I don't think Benson was in "love" with Stabler. They had great chemistry together, yes, but only on the force. She may have had a crush on him but she was also friends with Stabler's wife so there's no way Benson would have been a homewrecker.

Benson and Cassidy really is a good idea, though. I do believe that the only way she can find love is with another cop. And Cassidy is different enough from her to make it work.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 07:52 AM   #25
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

antichristhill wrote: View Post
Damn, dude, don't scare me like that! I saw this thread and thought Richard Belzer had died!
That's what I thought, too! Sorry to see Munch go, but he's earned his retirement. Now he can dream up conspiracy theories as much as he wants.
Old October 15 2013, 05:01 PM   #26
the G-man
Commodore

Death wrote: View Post
Det. Munch was my favorite charecter on SVU, and way underused. Apparently the charecter is leaving to take a job as "special investigator for the attorney generals office" leaving future guest appearances open.
One minor thing that annoys me with all the L&O shows is that they seem oblivious to the fact that police officers typically retire long before the ages the characters reach on the show.

Granted, there are a lot of unrealistic things on L&O shows. However, just once I'd like to see one of the departing old-timers just, you know, actually retire instead of either killing them off or giving them another job.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 09:07 PM   #27
tighr
Commodore

George Steinbrenner wrote: View Post
Benson and Cassidy really is a good idea, though. I do believe that the only way she can find love is with another cop. And Cassidy is different enough from her to make it work.
They hooked up in season 1 of SVU (last year I watched seasons 1-12 on Netflix. It took forever). She was just looking for a fling, he thought it was serious. Benson's never been good with relationships. Bringing Winters back after 12 seasons though was a stroke of genius.
Old October 16 2013, 08:10 PM   #28
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

George Steinbrenner wrote: View Post

I don't think Benson was in "love" with Stabler. They had great chemistry together, yes, but only on the force. She may have had a crush on him but she was also friends with Stabler's wife so there's no way Benson would have been a homewrecker.
That quote from her abductor in the fist episode of the season about how she would eventually call out 'his' name when he was attacking her and then her heartfelt speech to that bad cop in the most recent episode beg to differ.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 09:09 PM   #29
tighr
Commodore

That quote from her abductor in the fist episode of the season about how she would eventually call out 'his' name when he was attacking her and then her heartfelt speech to that bad cop in the most recent episode beg to differ.
That could be because she views Stabler as the type of cop who could come to her rescue. She doesn't "love" him so much as she views him as almost like a personal saviour.
Old October 16 2013, 09:35 PM   #30
Green Shirt
Commodore

That quote from her abductor in the fist episode.
I'm glad I wasn't drinking something right there.