Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old October 15 2013, 02:26 AM   #361
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Has anyone received these in the 'States yet? I was under the impression that they would have shipped by now - customarily once the card has been charged.
Old October 15 2013, 02:29 AM   #362
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Has anyone received these in the 'States yet? I was under the impression that they would have shipped by now - customarily once the card has been charged.
Not yet. I really don't expect them until late October. Up to 3 weeks for delivery.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 02:17 PM   #363
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Hmm... UK businesses must do things a little differently. It is generally considered an unwise business practice to charge someone's credit card before the merchandise is ready to ship. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, though. They seem to have been pretty straight shooters, as far as I can tell.
Old October 15 2013, 02:24 PM   #364
trekker670
Fleet Captain

I believe they charged at (or right before) the time of shipment. The delivery time can vary quite a bit though. The ships may be in the mail but if they used a slow shipping service it can take a few weeks to arrive.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 04:37 PM   #365
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Prototype Bajoran Solar Sailer images released:

Old October 15 2013, 08:40 PM   #366
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

As I thought during the DS9 episode, it looks like someone ripped the design directly from the album cover of "Olias of Sunhillow".

Aesthetically, it's quite pleasing and makes a change from nacelles. Now how are they going to fit it in the box?
Old October 15 2013, 11:00 PM   #367
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Asbo Zaprudder wrote: View Post
As I thought during the DS9 episode, it looks like someone ripped the design directly from the album cover of "Olias of Sunhillow".

Aesthetically, it's quite pleasing and makes a change from nacelles. Now how are they going to fit it in the box?
Good question. And it has been answered by the man himself. The model requires a little bit of self-assembly. The wings are detached while in the box.

That said, this is still very much a prototype. They're still playing with the paint job. Many people were suggesting to use a metallic flake paint for the wings. And that the "pod" was too yellow.
Old October 16 2013, 06:25 PM   #368
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Received my ships, magazines and 16-issue folder in the mail today in rural Southern Illinois. A few notes: Bases are quite sturdy with some heft to them. Very good quality base. Floating mounting stand is practically invisible from a distance. Models themselves are heavier than I thought they'd be based on the size. Even as small as the Enterprise-Refit is, the die-cast saucer has got some good weight to it. Despite the rather simplistic paint job on the Refit, it's still a pretty good looking model. I do think it needs a few darker or blacken highlights. Wasn't the rear of the nacelles darker grey or black? One odd thing I noticed about the D is that the top few decks (A & B Decks) are flatter on the model than I thought they'd be. I will be posting pictures on my Facebook page in the Star Trek Starships Collection folder. I'll add a link to it in my Sig when I get the chance later today.

Last edited by Johnny Rico; October 16 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old October 16 2013, 07:42 PM   #369
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Johnny Rico wrote: View Post
Received my ships, magazines and 16-issue folder in the mail today in rural Southern Illinois. A few notes: Bases are quite sturdy with some heft to them. Very good quality base. Floating mounting stand is practically invisible from a distance. Models themselves are heavier than I thought they'd be based on the size. Even as small as the Enterprise-Refit is, the die-cast saucer has got some good weight to it. Despite the rather simplistic paint job on the Refit, it's still a pretty good looking model. I do think it needs a few darker or blacken highlights. Wasn't the rear of the nacelles darker grey or black? One odd thing I noticed about the D is that the top few decks (A & B Decks) are flatter on the model than I thought they'd be. I will be posting pictures on my Facebook page in the Star Trek Starships Collection folder. I'll add a link to it in my Sig when I get the chance later today.
Sweet! Hopefully mine will be arriving shortly. I live in Illinois, too, about an hour or so from Chicago.

Last edited by Toxteth O´Grady; October 16 2013 at 07:53 PM.
Toxteth O´Grady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 07:48 PM   #370
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Will be looking for it too, in the DC Metro area.
Old October 16 2013, 07:54 PM   #371
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Yep. Came in a decent sized little box via USPS not unlike your typical Amazon box. Inside the box was a bit of bubble wrap, and then the rather large folder with the magazines and the 2 boxes the ships came in all inside the folder.
Old October 16 2013, 09:29 PM   #372
trekker670
Fleet Captain

Cool, SE Michigan here. Hopefully they'll be waiting for me when I get home from work!
Old October 16 2013, 09:31 PM   #373
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Just called my wife, they're waiting for me at home. Sounds like they came out of a distribution center in Pennsylvania.
Old October 16 2013, 09:54 PM   #374
trekker670
Fleet Captain

I just got word mine arrived today too.
Old October 16 2013, 09:55 PM   #375
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Well, apparently I'm left out in the cold today. Nothing for me.

ETA: I guess I can't follow simple instructions. I wanted the subscription to go to my workplace because nobody is home when the mail comes to my house. But in doing so I put the shipping address as my house and the billing address as my workplace. So maybe it will be there when I get home later tonight.

Last edited by Toxteth O´Grady; October 16 2013 at 10:46 PM.
Toxteth O´Grady is online now   Reply With Quote