RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,799
Posts: 5,325,821
Members: 24,549
Currently online: 505
Newest member: mosaicq

TrekToday headlines

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 15 2013, 03:26 PM   #256
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain
 
Emperor-Tiberius's Avatar
 
Location: Kavala, Greece
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
Believe me, fans will be pissed even in this situation, if the Hurt Doctor turns out to be the Doctor who ended the Daleks and the Time Lords (temptedly, even this one), becaause it would make the Doctor not REALLY responsible for that horrible act, since his "bad self" did it. Plus, it would take away from the Ninth Doctor.
No offense, but fan assumptions about the Time War -- and that's all that the belief that the eighth Doctor ended the Time War is, since even RTD didn't hold that belief -- shouldn't stand in the way of the story Moffat wants to tell.
No offense taken. I personally never thought the Eighth ended it, though I did think he participated in it. I did think, though, that the Ninth ended it, in a decision that haunted the rest of his life.

We remember, of course, that according to RTD, the Time War was partially shown on Old Who, too. Genesis and Remembrance of the Daleks are positioned as such tales, after all.
__________________
"Spock...?" Kirk said, whispering.
"I am... most pleased to see again, Captain" Spock formally replied.
McCoy shook his head in disgust. "Oh, for crying out loud, Spock. Its been eighty years!"
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 05:17 PM   #257
Mad Jack Wolfe
Lieutenant Commander
 
Mad Jack Wolfe's Avatar
 
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Who is to say the Hurt Doctor ended the Time War? Maybe he's the one who started it in order to finally end the ongoing conflict between the Daleks and the Time Lords. The Ninth ended what that one started, albeit in a way he never dreamt he would have to. Just an idea, however daft.
__________________
Life is full of disappointments. For instance, I really hoped "Chariots of Fire" would be a remake of "Ben Hur" with flame throwers.
Mad Jack Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 05:58 PM   #258
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain
 
Emperor-Tiberius's Avatar
 
Location: Kavala, Greece
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Mad Jack Wolfe wrote: View Post
Who is to say the Hurt Doctor ended the Time War? Maybe he's the one who started it in order to finally end the ongoing conflict between the Daleks and the Time Lords. The Ninth ended what that one started, albeit in a way he never dreamt he would have to. Just an idea, however daft.
Sounds good. But in any case, I think we can all agree that the most important thing is for the story of the 50th to be good. Cause I think only if it ISN'T, will the bitching will come about from all fronts.
__________________
"Spock...?" Kirk said, whispering.
"I am... most pleased to see again, Captain" Spock formally replied.
McCoy shook his head in disgust. "Oh, for crying out loud, Spock. Its been eighty years!"
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 07:00 PM   #259
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral
 
The Mirrorball Man's Avatar
 
Location: Switzerland
View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
But in any case, I think we can all agree that the most important thing is for the story of the 50th to be good. Cause I think only if it ISN'T, will the bitching will come about from all fronts.
I'm pretty sure the bitching will come whether it's good or not.
__________________
Check out my deviantArt gallery!
The Mirrorball Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 07:51 PM   #260
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
But in any case, I think we can all agree that the most important thing is for the story of the 50th to be good. Cause I think only if it ISN'T, will the bitching will come about from all fronts.
I'm pretty sure the bitching will come whether it's good or not.
Yea, I'm pretty sure there's at least a couple folks on this board that haven't had a good thing to say about nuWho, since RTD brought it back (Or at least since Moffat took over). Though, I do remember at least one episode that was pretty universally panned here, at least got a 3 out of 10 from one of those folks, compared to the usual 1 or less out of 10 they usually give.
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 09:19 PM   #261
sidious618
Admiral
 
sidious618's Avatar
 
Location: New York, US
Send a message via AIM to sidious618
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
But in any case, I think we can all agree that the most important thing is for the story of the 50th to be good. Cause I think only if it ISN'T, will the bitching will come about from all fronts.
I'm pretty sure the bitching will come whether it's good or not.
If the Hurt Doctor ended the Time War only people who were already going to bitch will do so. Otherwise, so long as the episode is good, no one else will care.
__________________
We've met before, haven't we?
sidious618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 10:36 PM   #262
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

I understand people still being disappointed at the lack of any classic Doctors, but for me the chance to not only watch Smith and Tennant interact in an episode, but to discover an entirely NEW Doctor (even a "dark" one), is a pretty damn exciting one.

That would be the highlight of the year even without it being the 50th anniversary.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 10:44 PM   #263
sttngfan1701d
Commodore
 
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

davejames wrote: View Post
I understand people still being disappointed at the lack of any classic Doctors, but for me the chance to not only watch Smith and Tennant interact in an episode, but to discover an entirely NEW Doctor (even a "dark" one), is a pretty damn exciting one.

That would be the highlight of the year even without it being the 50th anniversary.
Oh, definitely. I'm really looking forward to that. Plus I want to see Rose and Clara interact. Seeing some classic Doctors would've tempered the disappointment over Eccleston not returning, but I'm interested in seeing how John Hurt shakes out. I like John Hurt. I....just wish we had McGann or Tom Baker or McCoy too.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 12:11 AM   #264
3chordboy
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: West Yorkshire, GOC, UK
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

some images from The Day of The Doctor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01js9py
3chordboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 01:45 AM   #265
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral
 
Professor Zoom's Avatar
 
Location: Idealistic
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Looking at the one with Smith hanging from the TARDIS, I wonder if HurtDoctor steals the TARDIS at one point. And 11 is hanging on for dear life.
__________________
Batman does not eat nachos.
Professor Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 03:00 AM   #266
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
Looking at the one with Smith hanging from the TARDIS, I wonder if HurtDoctor steals the TARDIS at one point. And 11 is hanging on for dear life.
Not likely. Location footage from when that scene was filmed showed
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.

Last edited by The Wormhole; October 16 2013 at 03:05 PM.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 03:19 AM   #267
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral
 
Professor Zoom's Avatar
 
Location: Idealistic
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
Looking at the one with Smith hanging from the TARDIS, I wonder if HurtDoctor steals the TARDIS at one point. And 11 is hanging on for dear life.
Not likely. Location footage from when that scene was filmed showed
That doesn't preclude who is piloting the TARDIS.
__________________
Batman does not eat nachos.
Professor Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 03:22 AM   #268
sttngfan1701d
Commodore
 
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Okay, so all the Docs end up in the current TARDIS from the pictures. Obviously that's probably because they don't have the set for 10's TARDIS any longer, but I wonder what the story's reasons for it will be? Another "time crash" scenario? Do 10 and Rose pop out of the timestream with Hurt or something?

Starting to get excited. Still annoyed at the lack of a trailer...but starting to get excited.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 03:49 AM   #269
Smoked Salmon
Lieutenant
 
Smoked Salmon's Avatar
 
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post
Okay, so all the Docs end up in the current TARDIS from the pictures. Obviously that's probably because they don't have the set for 10's TARDIS any longer
10's is part of the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff and was used for part of the filming. It's only missing some wall and celing so filimg at certain camera angels would be no problem. One of the new photos shows Tennant at the controls and is shot in the direction of the wall and doors that remained as part of the exhibition (I saw it when it was in London).
Smoked Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 04:18 AM   #270
Chris3123
Vice Admiral
 
Chris3123's Avatar
 
Location: Pensacola, FL
Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

3chordboy wrote: View Post
some images from The Day of The Doctor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01js9py
Much larger versions can be found here.

And that's why I don't grab images from the official site anymore. The images they post are almost always greatly reduced in size.

Anyway, this blog is a really good source for large versions of DW promotional images (I linked to another source above for these particular pics though because the images were of better quality there). He posts pretty much every official promotional image that comes out. It's also a decent source for Who news.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.