Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 15 2013, 04:21 AM   #61
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time Season 3

I really liked Tinker Bell's story and character. I hope we see a lot more of her.

I guess I'm thick because I did not get a lesbitastic current at all from that scene...

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 04:47 AM   #62
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Wait...that was the first time they implied Mulan had a thing for Aurora? Really? I swear there's been subtext for some time when we saw them last season.

I enjoyed the ep, I like where they've gone this season (I miss some of the Storybrooke characters, but, the stories so far have been great with other characters and focuses)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 04:49 AM   #63
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Wait...that was the first time they implied Mulan had a thing for Aurora? Really? I swear there's been subtext for some time last we saw them.

I enjoyed the ep, I like where they've gone this season (I miss some of the Storybrooke characters, but, the stories so far have been great with other characters and focuses)
Yeah I just figured she had hidden feelings but on another site everyone was freaking out over it and the shippers of every type came out... bad word pick.
Old October 15 2013, 04:52 AM   #64
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I really liked Tinker Bell's story and character. I hope we see a lot more of her.

I guess I'm thick because I did not get a lesbitastic current at all from that scene...
Sapphic.

Lesbionic is shrewdly accurate considering the toys involved.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 12:38 PM   #65
Mr Light
Admiral

Wasn't Mulan's whole thing last season that she madly in love with Phillip and madly mad at Aurora for stealing him from her...?

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 04:21 PM   #66
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Trust me, it was there. Even the reviewer at Entertainment Weekly is now bragging about having seen this coming two years ago. And io9.com has been rooting for "Mulora" for years now.

And remember that bit last season when Mulan literally rescued Aurora's heart and tenderly put it back into her body? "I've never done this before," etc.

That was about as subtle as a XENA episode!
Old October 15 2013, 05:39 PM   #67
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Wasn't Mulan's whole thing last season that she madly in love with Phillip and madly mad at Aurora for stealing him from her...?
No. Aurora accused her of being in love with Phillip, but she denied it.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 07:28 PM   #68
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
You might need glasses.

She was mooning over Phillip 10 seconds after meeting him.

Old October 15 2013, 07:49 PM   #69
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Trust me, it was there. Even the reviewer at Entertainment Weekly is now bragging about having seen this coming two years ago. And io9.com has been rooting for "Mulora" for years now.

And remember that bit last season when Mulan literally rescued Aurora's heart and tenderly put it back into her body? "I've never done this before," etc.

That was about as subtle as a XENA episode!
Ehh, I suppose you could interpret it that way, but I certainly never did; just good friends that bonded after Mulan stayed with her initially out of loyalty.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
DigificWriter wrote: View Post
You might need glasses.

She was mooning over Phillip 10 seconds after meeting him.
Yarp. The whole "No I'm not" was just a defense mechanism because she saw how much Phillip and Aurora were in love. And then he was eaten by a Wraith. Hence her taking care of Aurora afterwards - loyalty to Phillip.

Reverend wrote: View Post
Not sure how I feel about the Mulan/Aurora thing. I mean I have zero problem with there being openly gay characters on the show, but I do question their choice of character.

Maybe I'm just being very cynical, but I can't shake the feeling that they went with Mulan specifically because her backstory is that of a woman pretending to be a man. I guess it just feels a tad on the nose.
Aside from the retcon, there's this too. Though to be fair, their options were pretty limited in terms of major characters. Almost everybody else was explicitly in (or had been in) a hetero relationship and Mulan's just implications (one way or the other, I suppose). It could have been Tinkerbell I guess as she's a new character or Henry (and wouldn't that have been an interesting decision?) but Mulan's definitely the safe choice.
"Lie to me."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 08:02 PM   #70
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

I could see

Hook switching teams.

And then of course, there's Peter Pan and his love of little boys, but, I don't think that's an image we want to propagate.

Rumplestiltskin seems like a bit of a swishy Queen, despite being father to Baelfire (Though, prior to becoming the Dark One, he didn't seem to be quite so swishy, just a bit of a coward)

And, Sydney the Mirror? I never did buy into his Heterosexuality

We know very little about most of the Dwarves, almost any one of them could be brought forward to be Gay

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 08:10 PM   #71
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Are fairies sexually mature? Because what I got from Tinkerbell was a 10 year old looking for a friend... And if the love spell was going to hit them, why did it miss that girl and tap Robin Hood?

Unless you're saying that she dodged Hood to get some Tink?

Of course modernday Tink... There was a hatefucking vibe, but again they're still setting up the Prince of Thieves with the Queen of Darkness, are we to believe that she's going to get crushed between two people she's enchanted into gravitating towards each other?

Last edited by Guy Gardener; October 15 2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old October 15 2013, 09:08 PM   #72
JanewayRulz!
Rear Admiral

So, other than the death knell for Mulan/Aurora shippers, did the Swann/Queen shippers also get the boot this Sunday, since "Robin" is Regina's soul mate.

Hmmm, does that make Regina "Maid Marion", or was Maid Marion someone Robin had to "settle" for when he couldn't have Regina?

Poor Mulan, if she is into ladies, being the only woman in a gang of "Merry Men" is going to be a real trial for her.
Old October 15 2013, 09:11 PM   #73
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Well that all depends on who Robin had that kid with, and if she's dead or locked in a castle guarded by a dragon.

Old October 15 2013, 11:04 PM   #74
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

We met Marion last season briefly, Rumpelstiltskin spared Robin when he learned about her illness, so she's Roland's dad. Interestingly, Tinkerbell's spell suggests that "true love" might be found with more than one person considering Regina's devotion to Daniel (and Robin's to Marion) - I don't think Robin had to "settle" at all.

Sindatur wrote: View Post
I could see...
None of those really work though for various reasons; Hook and Rumpel for Milah and Emma/Belle respectively, Pan for the implications, Sydney because obsessing over Regina made him a killer, and other than Grumpy none of the other dwarves matter enough. Basically, although I think they're pulling a Willow with Mulan, it's the best choice barring Henry if you want to reveal one of the main (and not brand-new) characters is gay.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Are fairies sexually mature?
Grumpy seemed to think so. Although funny you should say that, considering they're nuns in Storybrooke...
"Lie to me."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 12:05 AM   #75
FreezeC77
Commodore

I have no problem with Mulan being interested in another woman, but it does seem to be a retcon to basically ignore that she was mooning over Phillip during their adventures.

I guess she could have initially been attracted to Phillip and then shifted to Aurora. If so they should just have an joint marriage.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote