IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 14 2013, 06:57 PM   #76
Insp.LeStrange
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

The premier episode should set the stage for more intense ones to come. I try to keep that in mind but I admit I'm a little disappointed they didn't start with the momentum established in last season's finale with the Governor.

I hate that Merle is no longer on the series. I'd be willing to see Daryl have visions of Merle to argue with.

Creepy Clara was awesome but I was secretly hoping for some kind of dramatic zombie ambush of weirdness. I admit I didn't catch all the whispers, and I thought the head was in fact a baby, given her reactions. Not sure why she'd feel a need to feed a head. But then again, I don't understand how a body can physically function without metabolism, blood, etc.

Great to have TWD on the air again! Awesome episode. Cool new characters. The intensity of that one fence walker was incredible.
Insp.LeStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 08:36 PM   #77
sojourner
Admiral

The prison had some electricity. When Daryl was telling Beth that her boyfriend died, there was a desk lamp on in the cell.
Old October 14 2013, 08:38 PM   #78
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
The problem they'll face is something talked about in any type of situation where natural/accidental death changes a person into a zombie. You are always just one normal death(people die) away from having a zombie inside your 'safe' perimeter/sanctuary.

Now they do have the advantage of it being a prison with lots of lockable gates, which should probably be something they look into implementing during the night and having zones with guards like a normal prison would to watch for a potential person who had died and turned inside.
Yes, there's no excuse for this "community " to not have posted guards at every major cell block access point for walkers as well as living threats.

I'm guessing the nerd zombie will bite someone, arguments will erupt over a loved one not being "put down" after being infected, which will allow more bites/rapidly spreading er, "zombie-izing."

On Talking Dead, the showrunner of the week ()said Beth's attitude about loss and death will be a running point in the season, so I take that to mean contrary to many fans predictions, she will survive for some time.

Nice to see Carl enjoying comic books; he has not lost all of his youthful interests.

The strange woman in the woods seems to be a hint of things to come, such as...you know....

BTW, did Rick actually leave that woman after she turned? That would seem pretty stupid since he's already had experience finding out what happens when you leave a zombie you could kill. Heck last season we found out what happened to Morgan because he didn't kill his wife when he should have.
Yes, leaving her there was odd, but he seemed so disturbed by the situation, that he needed to put distance between himself and that camp.
Old October 14 2013, 09:57 PM   #79
Dream
Admiral

AMC’S The Walking Dead RETURNS WITH HIGHEST-RATED EPISODE IN SERIES HISTORY, 16.1 MILLION VIEWERS AND 10.4 MILLION ADULTS 18-49

Wow.

TWD is an absolute beast in the ratings!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 10:03 PM   #80
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

The left-alone woman will be a huge plot point when she eats Carl.
Old October 14 2013, 10:11 PM   #81
SG-17
Commodore

Zod wrote: View Post
The death at the end was interesting. I was thinking about that a lot with woodberry last season. The accidental death could be devastating to take place at night when everybody is sleeping and such. Also what kind of disease is that! Some type of fact acting hemorrhagic fever! The kid was fine in the mourning and dead within 24 hours. That's scary.
The one walker on the fence that nerdface was staring at was bleeding from its eyes, nose, and mouth as well.

To be frank with this show, that mysterious illness is the singular hook I have to watch this season. If that didn't happen I wouldn't be watching the show.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 10:50 PM   #82
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

SG-17 wrote: View Post

To be frank with this show, that mysterious illness is the singular hook I have to watch this season. If that didn't happen I wouldn't be watching the show.
I agree with this, but the unfortunate part of TWD is that the Governor will return. Personally, I thought he outlived his purpose long before the season 3 finale.
Old October 14 2013, 11:20 PM   #83
FreezeC77
Commodore

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post

On Talking Dead, the showrunner of the week ()said Beth's attitude about loss and death will be a running point in the season, so I take that to mean contrary to many fans predictions, she will survive for some time.

Nice to see Carl enjoying comic books; he has not lost all of his youthful interests.
Beth's reaction and the attitudes of the children I think are kind of normal and maybe offputting for adults, but children are malleable and more adaptable to situations than adults. They've grown up in this 'new world' and are better suited to adapt and realize that this is the standard-quo. Adults are more likely to hang onto to the 'old world' that they remember.

I've read a lot of novels set after a world-changing type event whether it be an apocalypse/war/whatever and a lot of authors do go with this type of situation... Where the children often accept and grow-up in the new world without too much of an issue, but it's the adults who tend to try to find ways to bring back their past or think about it.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 11:37 PM   #84
Tom
Rear Admiral

So there was about 30 zombies on the roof, presumably all from the crashed helicopter. The helicopter did not look that big and even if it was that big it should have crashed through the roof in the first place. the roof was probably weakened but it should not have had random spots just opening up. Conveniently also the walls over hung the roof a couple feet or so otherwise the walkers would just walk off the roof. The whole thing seemed a bit contrived
Old October 15 2013, 12:31 AM   #85
Beagleman
Captain

Tom wrote: View Post
So there was about 30 zombies on the roof, presumably all from the crashed helicopter. The helicopter did not look that big and even if it was that big it should have crashed through the roof in the first place. the roof was probably weakened but it should not have had random spots just opening up. Conveniently also the walls over hung the roof a couple feet or so otherwise the walkers would just walk off the roof. The whole thing seemed a bit contrived
They could have just wandered up there through a staircase. And I think that cheap roof was weakend by water damage as alcoholic-new-guy saw it dripping through the ceiling moments before it started raining zombies. Actually I found it somewhat contrieved as well but it could work.
Beagleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 12:34 AM   #86
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Season premiere was a stinker. Lots of stupid scenes, helicopter shelf, dirty girl, nerdy kid... Actors who were solid on the Wire put in poor performances. Was that woman supposed to be something out of Irish folklore or something? Was kind of expecting her to reveal herself as some sort of evil leprechaun princess. So what happens when Zombie Head eats anyway?!? Chewed flesh falls out the bottom?

Here's hoping Zombie Harry Potter can do some real damage and thin out the herd of extras, because they're not doing any good for this show IMO.
Old October 15 2013, 04:42 AM   #87
Insp.LeStrange
Rear Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
SG-17 wrote: View Post

I agree with this, but the unfortunate part of TWD is that the Governor will return. Personally, I thought he outlived his purpose long before the season 3 finale.

Perhaps - kind of like what Voyager did to the Borg - but it's hard to say without seeing the entire story arc. The Governor reminds me of a Randall Flagg type (The Stand) who has a lot of potential for evil growth. Ok, maybe an Evil Zombie Army isn't exactly Breaking Bad but it beats zombie Ewoks any day of the year.

(Yes, I'm sure some network wonk would like to play the Zombie Ewok card). Moichandi$ing!

I mean, it already seems like Voyager's "Borg Children" are starting to appear, with all the new kiddies now.

Last edited by Insp.LeStrange; October 15 2013 at 07:17 AM.
Insp.LeStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 06:22 AM   #88
Dream
Admiral

Good season premiere.

I thought the A plot to find more supplies was the best part. Seeing all those zombies raining from the ceiling was freaking awesome. I knew Beth's friend was dead the moment he appeared, he just screamed redshirt to me! The store Big Spot was an obvious play on the real Big Lots stores. Seeing these things always takes me out of a show/movie for a second, not sure why they didn't just use a make up name?

The scenes with Rick and crazy woman were weird. How long did the woman have the head of her dead husband under the cloth? I'm disappointed Rick didn't finish her off, did he learn nothing from Carl not killing the swamp Walker that ended up killing Dale?

I REALLY hope they focus way less on romance this season. The Andrea/Governor thing took up WAY too much of season 3. The less said about Rick/Lori/Shane the better.

I don't know how I feel about the new Bob Stookey character yet. We will need to see more of him in terms of development.

About the last scene, I wonder what happened? Did kid with glasses just die from the flu or something?
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 06:33 AM   #89
Green Shirt
Commodore

Dream wrote: View Post
About the last scene, I wonder what happened? Did kid with glasses just die from the flu or something?
Yeah, wuss flu.
Old October 15 2013, 07:02 AM   #90
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

I think it was the passing out and cracking his skull that actually killed him, though he was well on his way from the fever.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote