Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old October 9 2013, 06:19 PM   #346
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Was I mistaken to expect the first issue in the mail on 10/09? The email says to expect the first issue in 21 days. Is this accurate?
Toxteth O´Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2013, 06:28 PM   #347
trekker670
Captain

Nasty wrote: View Post
Was I mistaken to expect the first issue in the mail on 10/09? The email says to expect the first issue in 21 days. Is this accurate?
Pure speculation, but I would guess that they start shipping today (9 Oct) and you should receive them within 21 days (likely much less, depending on your location and the shipping service they're using).
trekker670 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2013, 07:04 PM   #348
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

A nutty comment on the YouTube promotional video:

"Fail! Fail! No human can fit in these ships, much less a whole crew.How are you suppose to fly the darn things?"

I think this person fails to comprehend the meaning of the term "scale model".
Old October 9 2013, 07:09 PM   #349
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Somebody on the Facebook page, who is a UK subscriber, says that since 2 issues ship at a time, the first shipment might not be until issue 2 is in stores. And apparently over there they are having a lot of issues with subscribers not getting specific issues.
Toxteth O´Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2013, 07:41 PM   #350
mtblillie
Commander

I have noted this as well, I am hoping it is an issue with production and distribution out there and not specifically a problem at Eaglemoss
Old October 10 2013, 12:41 AM   #351
trekker670
Captain

It's interesting that the "On screen" portion of the magazine for the E-D mentions the two CG models used (DS9/VOY and ENT), but doesn't mention the new ones (at least 2) made for the TNG-HD project.
Old October 11 2013, 06:32 AM   #352
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile

Asbo Zaprudder wrote: View Post
A nutty comment on the YouTube promotional video:

"Fail! Fail! No human can fit in these ships, much less a whole crew.How are you suppose to fly the darn things?"

I think this person fails to comprehend the meaning of the term "scale model".
Your YouTube mention had me curious as to what's going with this collection. Well, if that previously mentioned comment wasn't enough...I found a Review that's even worse than that. Get a load of this one: (and I warn you...watch your eyes....you might just go blind after this one.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi-S7sik-RU

In any case, what I'm finding is that the 1.99 lb ($4.95) price is enticing many non-Trek, and even non-Sci-Fi fans, to buy Issue #1, and then having to audacity of doing a YouTube Review of the model. This would be like me doing Reviews of Romance Novels.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 02:56 PM   #353
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

Johnny Rico wrote: View Post
Your YouTube mention had me curious as to what's going with this collection. Well, if that previously mentioned comment wasn't enough...I found a Review that's even worse than that. Get a load of this one: (and I warn you...watch your eyes....you might just go blind after this one.)

Was he trying to imply that his cock is a big as the E-D? More errors of scale.
Old October 11 2013, 02:58 PM   #354
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Finally got my NX-01 today, some of the details are blurry and the nacelles aren't as well constructed as they could be, but it's a nice little ship.
Old October 11 2013, 04:07 PM   #355
trekker670
Captain

For those in the UK who have already started getting packages, does Eaglemoss provide subscribers with a tracking number when they ship the packages or do they show up in the post?
Old October 11 2013, 06:48 PM   #356
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

They show up in the post -- no tracking.
Old October 11 2013, 10:31 PM   #357
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Was he trying to imply that his cock is a big as the E-D? More errors of scale.
There were so many things wrong with that video, I hardly know where to begin. First of all, the camera angle was too low (crotch shot not withstanding). I mean there was more 'table top' in the shot than visible subject (the magazine). Could he not have tilted his camera up, somehow? Two, the crotch shot. I mean not only was it straight on, but it was spread eagle and with gym shorts that wan't flattering. I mean, DAMN...

And three...you're not gonna like this one...the British Accents. I'm sorry, but you guys over there across the Pond, need to realize that even though we speak the same language, trying to understand that dialect is darn near impossible to us Colonials over here. Some are worse than others, but to me at least, I equate the thick British accent as something akin to the American Appalachian Redneck accent.
Old October 12 2013, 10:55 AM   #358
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

Chrysalis wrote: View Post
Finally got my NX-01 today, some of the details are blurry and the nacelles aren't as well constructed as they could be, but it's a nice little ship.
Where as mine is perfect.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2013, 09:49 AM   #359
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

And three...you're not gonna like this one...the British Accents. I'm sorry, but you guys over there across the Pond, need to realize that even though we speak the same language, trying to understand that dialect is darn near impossible to us Colonials over here. Some are worse than others, but to me at least, I equate the thick British accent as something akin to the American Appalachian Redneck accent.
Not offended at all. I have to turn on subtitles for a lot of US TV series. Groin guy's accent is obviously from somewhere in the middle of the Danelaw, but I can't quite place it -- possibly Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire. It doesn't sound very broad to me.
Old October 14 2013, 11:56 PM   #360
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

Not offended at all. I have to turn on subtitles for a lot of US TV series. Groin guy's accent is obviously from somewhere in the middle of the Danelaw, but I can't quite place it -- possibly Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire. It doesn't sound very broad to me.
Really? You have trouble understanding what is dubbed the "clean broadcast" American dialect? That's interesting. Never heard that before.

The way I, at least, hear the British accent is that it's very 'staccato' sounding. Very abbreviated syllables. The cutting off of syllables unnecessarily.

There's a YouTube user by the name of IrishTrekkie, who's done some very nice reviews of all the models so far, who I assume by the name is from the Aisles, but his accent is barely noticeable. I have always thought that the Irish accent is very thick.