RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,599
Posts: 5,404,663
Members: 24,870
Currently online: 448
Newest member: The Hooded Man

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek: Gold Key Archives Vol. 2 Comic
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

Cumberbatch In War Of Roses Miniseries
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

Trek 3 Filming Location Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

October-November 2014 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Cho Selfie TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

TPTB To Shatner: Shhh!
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 11 2013, 04:59 AM   #796
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral
 
Geoff Peterson's Avatar
 
Location: 20 feet from an outlet
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Maybe Sky is an LMD.
__________________
Nerys Myk
Geoff Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 05:00 AM   #797
intrinsical
Fleet Captain
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

My guess would be that Calvary actually saved the day but is guilt ridden because she wasn't quick enough to save everyone, either that or she saved everyone except the one person she loved most.
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 05:06 AM   #798
Ethros
Vice Admiral
 
Ethros's Avatar
 
Location: 1123 6536 5321
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

22 episodes, really? Its not 1995 anymore. All that says to me is "lots of filler crap coming your way."

13 standard, 16 or so max, we don't need more than that, not nowadays. The only show left I watch with 22 is Supernatural, and god the last two seasons have had soooo much filler.


With the way a lot of people watch TV shows now (after the season/s are done, via dvd, netflix, illegal internet, whatever) I'd say 22 actually puts people off. I know a friend of mine was put off BSG for a while because of its 20 episode seasons (2, 3, and sort of 4 anyway)

Breaking Bad
The Wire
The Sopranos
True Blood
The Walking Dead
American Horror Story
Dexter
Boardwalk Empire
Homeland
Mad Men

22 episode season? Fuck that.
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 05:09 AM   #799
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

^ That's network television for you.
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 05:09 AM   #800
Venardhi
Vice Admiral
 
Venardhi's Avatar
 
Location: Constant transit
Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Calvary =/= Cavalry.
__________________
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 05:21 AM   #801
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Ethros wrote: View Post
22 episodes, really? Its not 1995 anymore. All that says to me is "lots of filler crap coming your way."
It's not able making the best show possible, but about making a certain number of episodes so the studio can make a ton of money by selling the show into rerun syndication! The magic number seems to be 100 episodes these days.

Cable networks don't have the cash for such long seasons so that is why their seasons tend to be shorter, but the trade off is that the show tends to be better written with less episodes.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 05:48 AM   #802
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Calvary =/= Cavalry.
The little red squiggly line said I was doing it wrong.

And that "word" which I used, is what the red squiggly line insisted was the correct spelling for the word I meant to say.

The front yard off from the Golgotha where Christ was murdered?

That works too.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 05:50 AM   #803
Kestrel
Vice Admiral
 
Kestrel's Avatar
 
Location: East Tennessee
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

I think the "22 episodes is too much!" theory is garbage. Do shows need 22 episodes? Of course not, but there's also no reason 22 episodes can't be fun and used well.
__________________
"If Romeo had just masturbated a couple of times a week he would have saved both those nice families a heap of trouble."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 06:19 AM   #804
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Maybe she doesn't like being called "Cavalry" because she's tired of being ridden?
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 06:21 AM   #805
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Titus Welliver, who played Agent Blake in "Item 47", will appear in episode 6, "FZZT".

[SIZE=3]
"FZZT" - When floating bodies turn up, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D must hunt down an elusive killer. No one is safe--not even the team--on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

Guest starring are Titus Welliver as Agent Blake, Vincent Laresca as Tony Diaz, Robert Maffia as Baker, David Michael Paul as Justin, Rick Gifford as Adam Cross, Thomas Robie as scout #1, Trevor Larcom as scout #2, Caleb Burgess as scout #3, Jake Brennan as scout #4 and Troy Glass as scout #5.

"FZZT" was written by Paul Zbyszewski and directed by Vincent Misiano.
[/SIZE]
Will we see his assistant Claire?
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 08:26 AM   #806
Magellan
Lieutenant Commander
 
Magellan's Avatar
 
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

I think the third episode was a big improvement. At least we had some sort of villain this time. I'm still holding out hope that this will some day be a great show. I really like Fitz and Simmons, and of course Coulson. Ward didn't seem as stupid, and one dimensional this episode. Skye was almost not terrible(and looks fantastic in a wet red dress). Cavalry got a couple lines, so yay? Actually I think she's the character I'd like to see go the most, probably because she's done nothing so far except look grumpy.

I think the only real issue the show has is too much action. It's like non-stop. There is hardly any chance to really feel the drama before something gets punched or shot or exploded. I believe someone else in this thread said the same thing, but the tone of this show just feels very 80's. I don't want a mopey show just up the drama a tad.
Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 12:24 PM   #807
Icemizer
Fleet Captain
 
Icemizer's Avatar
 
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Very 80's you say? Coulson loves it when a plan comes together.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 03:57 PM   #808
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Magellan wrote: View Post
I think the only real issue the show has is too much action. It's like non-stop. There is hardly any chance to really feel the drama before something gets punched or shot or exploded.
It's funny how different people perceive the same thing because "not-stop action" is not at all how I would characterize this show.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 05:08 PM   #809
DEWLine
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Guessing that "floating bodies" doesn't refer to "floating in the local lake/river/oceanfront waters", given this show's premise.
__________________
Yours,

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 07:34 PM   #810
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Magellan wrote: View Post
I think the only real issue the show has is too much action. It's like non-stop. There is hardly any chance to really feel the drama before something gets punched or shot or exploded.
It's funny how different people perceive the same thing because "not-stop action" is not at all how I would characterize this show.
What about Not-Stop Motion?
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
marvel, marvel cinematic universe, shield, the avengers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.