RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,404
Members: 24,626
Currently online: 573
Newest member: space2050

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 21 2013, 01:52 AM   #61
JD
Admiral

Re: Urban Fantasy: Vampire and Witches and Weres, oh my!

I finished up Magic Burns today. I really enjoyed it, it definitely cemented the series place as one of my favorites. A definitely 5/5 for me.
I've got 5 The Hollows books waiting to be read, so I'm probably going to start working through those once I get through some of the other stuff I'm reading right now.
Old October 11 2013, 05:55 AM   #62
JD
Admiral

Io9 has the first trailer and a poster for the Space/Syfy TV series adaptation of Bitten, the first book in Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Other World series.
Old October 11 2013, 06:02 AM   #63
Skywalker
Admiral

I really hope Jim Butcher finishes Skin Game (or whatever he decides to call it) soon. I need my next Dresden fix.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 08:41 AM   #64
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

Its publishing date is first week of December as far as I've seen.
Old May 18 2014, 12:41 AM   #65
JD
Admiral

I started reading the fourth The Hollows book, A Fistfull of Charms last week. I love this series, and after only a couple chapters I can already tell this one isn't going to change that.
Old May 18 2014, 01:08 AM   #66
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

I am late to the game but I want to read The Vampire Diaries novels because I love the show but I hear it differs a great deal from the original novels. Thoughts?
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 06:39 AM   #67
JD
Admiral

I've had the same thought myself, but I've never really heard much about the books either way.
Old May 23 2014, 05:14 PM   #68
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

One thing I heard people complain about is in the books Elena is blonde, The Salvatore Brothers are Italian & there is no BFF of Elena in Meredith. The one from S3 doesn't count it seems. LOL. According to TVD wiki of the show she is alive and we haven't seen her since S4? I actually liked the Meredith they had on the show it is strange she just disappeared.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2014, 11:27 PM   #69
Merlanthe
Lieutenant Commander

Have you read any more in the Kate Daniels series yet?
Old May 25 2014, 01:57 AM   #70
JD
Admiral

I'm torn between reading Magic Bleed (Kate Daniels #4) and Proven Guilty (Dresden Files #8) after I finish Divergent. Luckily I have over a hundred pages left in Divergent, so I have time to make up my mind.
Old May 28 2014, 06:21 AM   #71
JD
Admiral

Since I couldn't decide between Magic Bleeds and Proven Guilty, I decided to set aside one of my other books I was reading and start both of the.
Old May 28 2014, 06:56 AM   #72
Skywalker
Admiral

Has anyone else picked up Skin Game yet? It just came out today. I ran out and bought it ASAP. The precious is mine at last!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2014, 07:34 AM   #73
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

I'm about 30% through it now.
Old May 28 2014, 08:04 AM   #74
Technobuilder
Commodore

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Has anyone else picked up Skin Game yet? It just came out today. I ran out and bought it ASAP. The precious is mine at last!
Got it Monday at Midnight, soon as the Ebook was available! (I'll still buy the Hardback for my Shelf, but I read everything in Ebook now on my phone)

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
I'm about 30% through it now.
I'm currently about 60% through it. Butcher really knows how to spin a good yarn. Plus I'm eager to try out his forthcoming new series Cinderspires: The Aeronaut's Windlass.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2014, 08:56 AM   #75
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

I was busy for half the day yesterday, only got started around 3 and a headache with some visual disturbances came on after about an hour but I kept reading until around 5 and had to give up until bedtime and read another chapter before going to sleep. Otherwise I'd have probably finished it in one sitting.

With how long this took to come out I'm beginning to worry I may never see the series through, but I'm looking forward to more of his work.