Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 28 2013, 07:57 AM   #16
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Re: Sons of Anarchy Season 6

Yeah it's kind of saying 'if you're a Federal Agent you're going to go batshit crazy." I worry for Kate Beckett on Castle LOL

But yeah I think Tiggy is finally going bye bye. Clay... dunno. Although gee... three boxex... would it be Tig, Clay and Toric?
Old September 29 2013, 02:36 AM   #17
billcosby
Commodore

It's kind of interesting if the season sees the club disbanded. They've left clues about Jax close to losing his charter due to the number of men he has. What is it, six minimum for a club?
I wonder if Jax's old enemies will surface if he doesn't have a biker gang to help protect him... or Tara, etc.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2013, 08:58 AM   #18
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Well wow that was... an episode that I will repeat the last words of Toric "I didn't expect that to happen."

Wow... the deaths we episode, did NOT see that coming - and it was 2 crates not three - but one was a big one. Although I will say this... damn them. They killed off one of the guys I kinda liked. Sure he was a bit part but he was still a member and I thought it would have been cool to see him stick around. Oh well.

And it sure seems like Sutter doesn't want to do any more acting on this show huh?

Tara and Wendy and Lowen... boy there is something brewing there.
Old October 2 2013, 01:52 PM   #19
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Good episode. I guess the Toric thing was because the actor bailed on them. I think that's kind of a good thing, fuckface lawman being a fuckface for the whole season has been run into the ground.
Old October 2 2013, 04:45 PM   #20
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Agreed. Otto died righteously, giving the club one final gift of removing a major circling predator. Was shocked at the other deaths as well. SAMCRO is dwindling down close to minimum charter size. Would be a sad state of affairs if the first MC of its name died from attrition like this. Jax realizes this and is doing everything he can to ensure the club survives.

I wonder if they'll merge with another club at some point, possibly something that was "patched over", like the one back in season 1? In Masonry, when a Lodge is about to die from low numbers/lack of funds, it merges with another, more resilient Lodge. I could see that happening here, maybe close to the end of the series next year.
Old October 3 2013, 07:23 PM   #21
billcosby
Commodore

So... where is this all going? I need to spend some time with Wikipedia reading all the synopsis(es). I feel like I need to watch this show twice or at least once with the sound turned all the way up to make out the lines (mumbling).

Jax forgives everyone multiple times... Tara is obviously going to leave him soon (eventually) and I think Gemma is going to kill Tara. Tara and Jax are not going to have a happily ever after ending. Not even close. I'm surprised she's survived this long, although the Sons numbers are getting thinner and thinner all the time.

It may be a mistake but I think Gemma will kill Tara, Jimmy Smitts will end up in prison right alongside Clay and Tiggs will fuck up again and cause more royal pain for Jax... which he will no doubt forgive and forget as usual.

Old October 3 2013, 10:22 PM   #22
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

I'm pretty sure everyone is going to die in the end, sans someone like Chibs or Wayne.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2013, 10:32 PM   #23
billcosby
Commodore

Sons really plays the old bait 'n switch on deaths. Take a look at the last one for example.

Old October 10 2013, 06:23 AM   #24
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Well this week's... HOLY CRAP! That Ending... geez... when they say it's an explosive episode they weren't just using the usual hyperbole!

I'm feeling more sure that Tara is going to go bye bye - I thought at first maybe she'd weasel Jax and the boys out - but the more I think about it, she's going to either be pushed out and be a circling predator and be killed violently. OR like people have said, Gemma will take her out, blame it on someone and Jax will never know the truth. Wendy is kind of growing on me, I think she always looks like she smelled some stinky cheese... but I kinda have to respect her character, she was a junky who became a counselor, pretty cool actually. Hit rock bottom, got cleaned up. Of course, what's really at the core of things - SAMCRO is toxic as hell. Even if Tara is out and Wendy is in as his old lady again, I'm sure she'll try just as hard to get Jax and the boys out of Charming.

And really, the only way that could happen is if like Charming just entirely became unlivable after some massive thing - like what happened in Weeds when Agrestic burnt down LOL

But yeah I'm starting to think there's something BIG on the horizon. After what happened last night and the way the Irish are like 'we aren't going to let you leave gun running so easily' - I mean geez Galen needs to die "like a lot." soon. He's a prick, worse than Jimmy O was. And even the Kings are sort of like 'eh, you should know what you're talking about, you were there and you talked him, you know him best." It's like they were doing nothing but saying "oh jax just doesn't like this or that... he doesn't know what he wants, he just wants another source, or he's playing hard ball." and I'm practically screaming at the TV "NO! He wants out because you're a violent bunch of pricks!"
Old October 10 2013, 05:21 PM   #25
Shanndee
Commodore

Was it wrong that my first thought during the end scene was "but...that amazing table! All that intricate wood work...save the table!!"

But, other than that...this series is going to end badly for everyone. If anyone does manage to survive, they are going to be badly damaged.

I feel bad for Wendy. She is one of the few characters left that I actually like (for all the reasons Nick Ryder indicated). I feel like it is her character that will die due to Tara losing control of the plan she is trying to weave. Tara will live for awhile (at least until it becomes clear that she is not really pregnant, it is just her device to protect herself from being murdered before she gets the kids safe and goes to jail).

And how wrong is it that I dislike Gemma so much that during the prison assault I actually felt bad for Clay. <shudder> Sutter, if you want to pass Gemma off as some kind of antihero/hero, you have to write her with some kind of redeeming feature! My contempt for her being so strong that a scene like the one in the prison still doesn't make me empathize with her is...not good!

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2013, 05:52 PM   #26
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

I really hope Tara doesn't die this season. She is one of the few characters on the show whose eyes are open to the brutal reality of the life SAMCRO leads and its toxic consequences on other people's lives. I am engrossed by the lengths she is willing to go to protect her children from that life and I understand why she is deceiving Jax. Jax is so blinded by his delusional, arrogant mentality as leader of the club to see what's going on for what it is instead of what he thinks can bend to his will. If Tara dies this season (God forbid), I hope it causes Jax to snap out of it and deeply reconsider the choices he has made. It would set up a powerful redemptive arc for the character in the final season.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2013, 06:37 PM   #27
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

The problem that has hit Jax the hardest now is his unilateral decision-making, without involving the rest of the club. Bobby saw him doing it, so he left. Tig and especially Chibs are seeing it and the latter is voicing his grave disapproval. Others have flat-out died due to Jax's miscalculations, particularly and most recently with the Irish. Things are spinning too far out of his control - every episode he makes promises to people that he is unable or unwilling to keep. Pretty soon his political capital will run out with everyone and he will stand alone, surrounded by enemies. I am convinced now - he is not a good leader.
Old October 11 2013, 03:28 AM   #28
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Didn't Jack watch Into Darkness?!? Jack make sure to gather everyone around the table, promptly. At 8pm. Don't be late! Really? Didn't see the IRA trying to bomb him?!?! And of course the delivery guy left a shamrock pen... c'mon man. That's just unprofessional.

I know this show is about Jacks and all, but I really wish they'd get rid of him. Kill him off. Let him focus on those 50 Shades of Grey movie. I just have no interest in the character. He makes Clay look infinitely redeemable by comparison.
Old October 12 2013, 04:09 PM   #29
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

Jax. Jax Teller. JAX.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2013, 11:39 AM   #30
lennier1
Commodore

Admit it, just like The Shield there isn't any other way this show should end than with everyone up shit creek without a paddle.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote