Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old October 7 2013, 09:35 PM   #646
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

More regurgitation, this time by the blog of US newspaper The Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...pisodes-644377. It's all rumors to them.
Old October 7 2013, 09:55 PM   #647
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

I have to say, in responce to the Facebook discussion link above, that I don't understand how Levine's admittedly vile and vitriolic responce to the delay is the cause, and effect of it? Sure, he's an authority of having saved past Who stories in the past, but beyond that, how is it his fault that the BBC is mishandling the announcement of these episodes' recovery? To be fair, Levine's speaking as a fan - with all the good and the BAD that comes with it. I highly doubt its his fault, and I found a couple of the comments rather dishonest in his regard.

I know, its amazing, but the world does NOT revolved around Ian Levine.
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2013, 10:00 PM   #648
StCoop
Commodore

Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
He's not beyond trying to stick his oar in offline as well, and I can easily see him harassing people at the BBC out of the public eye.

I remember the days when he used to wheedle his way into press screenings to confront RTD or whomever about whatever stick was up his backside at the time.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2013, 10:15 PM   #649
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

I have to say, in responce to the Facebook discussion link above, that I don't understand how Levine's admittedly vile and vitriolic responce to the delay is the cause, and effect of it?
The BBC wouldn't care. Some individual people would, but the bureaucratic machinery would not, and no amount of Levine's bitching or fandom's excitement would sway the bureaucratic machine off their course.

It's possible that Morris has seen fandom's reaction, Levine's outburst, etc., and gotten cold feet. That's the party that's most likely to be swayed.

StCoop wrote: View Post
I remember the days when [Levine] used to wheedle his way into press screenings to confront RTD or whomever about whatever stick was up his backside at the time.
Like the time he confronted BBC people at a press screening and demanded answers about their plans to cancel Doctor Who at the end of the fourth series? And then he claimed he had saved the program from cancellation when the gap year and Moffat were announced? Great moments in history, there.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2013, 10:18 PM   #650
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

I have to say, in responce to the Facebook discussion link above, that I don't understand how Levine's admittedly vile and vitriolic responce to the delay is the cause, and effect of it? Sure, he's an authority of having saved past Who stories in the past, but beyond that, how is it his fault that the BBC is mishandling the announcement of these episodes' recovery? To be fair, Levine's speaking as a fan - with all the good and the BAD that comes with it. I highly doubt its his fault, and I found a couple of the comments rather dishonest in his regard.

Jan Vincent-Rudzki seems to think that Ian has screwed up the BBC's planned event by splashing and discussing the announcement on the Internet. Jan says that if he were in charge, he'd cancel it, start again, and get control.

That's his theory at least. I think the BBC is just mismanaged.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2013, 10:22 PM   #651
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Mr Awe wrote: View Post

Jan Vincent-Rudzki seems to think that Ian has screwed up the BBC's planned event by splashing and discussing the announcement on the Internet. Jan says that if he were in charge, he'd cancel it, start again, and get control.

That's his theory at least. I think the BBC is just mismanaged.

Mr Awe
Well, in fairness, as obnoxious as Ian Levine gets, he is only responding to Media reports. He's not the one who gets the ball rolling, all he does is kick it further down the field.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2013, 10:43 PM   #652
Candlelight
Admiral

So glad I'm busy in real life to not dwell on all these rumours!
Old October 7 2013, 10:49 PM   #653
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

It's just my luck it all explodes on my days off work. Of course, when/if the actual announcement comes, I'll be back on the job and not know about it for hours.
Old October 7 2013, 11:21 PM   #654
Candlelight
Admiral

Without reading into any rumours or ignoring which territory it comes from, I'd love to see Troughtons first story or the most excellent Enemy/Web/Fury trilogy from season five.

Am currently doing my missing episode audio re listen and am up to Fury so would be great if that showed up.
Old October 7 2013, 11:51 PM   #655
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

I think Power of the Daleks will be the most anticipated of these, along with the Daleks Master Plan 13-episode story.

Old October 7 2013, 11:59 PM   #656
StCoop
Commodore

I think Power of the Daleks will be the most anticipated of these, along with the Daleks Master Plan 13-episode story.
Sadly Power is probably the least likely to exist after The Feast Of Stephen, due to Terry Nation being a dick.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2013, 12:04 AM   #657
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

I know. But hey - here's hoping!

All things said and done, perhaps is lots of episodes are released, then we might get the rest of the missing episodes animated sooner. OK, thats borderline fantasy, but I think it could be a possibility if approached with an open mind....

... Scratch that.

Old October 8 2013, 12:06 AM   #658
Candlelight
Admiral

To clarify I'd be keen for anything. We all have our favourites but to have any episode back would be great.

I'm still not holding my breath, and likely think they've dumped the entire back catalogue online but I wouldn't mind being wrong.
Old October 8 2013, 12:08 AM   #659
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

StCoop wrote: View Post
Sadly Power is probably the least likely to exist after The Feast Of Stephen, due to Terry Nation being a dick.
I thought Dalek's Master Plan was at least as unlikely as Power of the Daleks, if not more so?

At least Power of the Daleks has a cool "Talking Animated Telesnaps" Recon on Youtube for the first 2 episodes (And half of Episode 3), so you only have to do 4 episodes with totally frozen pictures, and, IMHO, it's as watchable as the Professional Animation of the Missing Episodes

Episode 1 Power of the Daleks (Youtube)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2013, 12:23 AM   #660
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

GB has closed its missing episode thread and banned all missing episode discussion "until the official press release," which Steven Hill seems pretty sure is coming.