Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old October 7 2013, 07:36 PM   #121
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Re: NuTrek references in the novels

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
Timewalker wrote: View Post
I haven't seen much civil conversation in this thread lately.
And of course, non of that is actually down to you is it? It's everyone else replying to you.
Look, I have the right to answer the OP, just like everyone else does. It's just that my opinion happens to be in the minority in this thread. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to post it.

And yeah, it's everyone else replying that's committed the greater incivility. My own negative remarks are directed toward the individuals associated with the movie itself. I'm not flaming or trolling anyone who likes it. Just because I think the 2009 movie was stupid, that doesn't mean I think the fans are also stupid. I'm fully aware that I like books and movies that other people don't.

BTW, there have been plenty of people coming in to the Voyager forum just to rant on about how much they dislike that series. Have I gone on a rampage of trolling them?

No, I have not.

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2013, 08:15 PM   #122
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

I haven't seen much civil conversation in this thread lately.
And of course, non of that is actually down to you is it? It's everyone else replying to you.
Look, I have the right to answer the OP, just like everyone else does. It's just that my opinion happens to be in the minority in this thread. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to post it.

And yeah, it's everyone else replying that's committed the greater incivility. My own negative remarks are directed toward the individuals associated with the movie itself. I'm not flaming or trolling anyone who likes it. Just because I think the 2009 movie was stupid, that doesn't mean I think the fans are also stupid. I'm fully aware that I like books and movies that other people don't.

BTW, there have been plenty of people coming in to the Voyager forum just to rant on about how much they dislike that series. Have I gone on a rampage of trolling them?

No, I have not.
So because other people go in to a part of the board and do what you're doing, it's ok to do that which you believe is your right? Surely it's only a privilege as I'll find it hard to believe you pay to be a premier member.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2013, 08:20 PM   #123
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

BTW, there have been plenty of people coming in to the Voyager forum just to rant on about how much they dislike that series.
Which is just as wrong.
Old October 7 2013, 08:51 PM   #124
Timewalker

No, I have not.
So because other people go in to a part of the board and do what you're doing, it's ok to do that which you believe is your right? Surely it's only a privilege as I'll find it hard to believe you pay to be a premier member.
You really shouldn't make unfounded assumptions. See the attached screenshot. It's my understanding that only paid members get to see and post in the premium members' lounge.

BillJ wrote: View Post
BTW, there have been plenty of people coming in to the Voyager forum just to rant on about how much they dislike that series.
Which is just as wrong.
At least I give my reasons. Some of the drive-by negativity is in the vein of "Voyager sucks!" and the poster never says why he thinks that way.

I will be watching STID (that's a really unfortunate acronym, since on a quick glance it can be misread as something a lot worse) later this month, as it's available on video-on-demand and my cable company gave me a free coupon. Based on the previews and copious spoilers I've seen here, I'm not expecting great things, but if there is anything I end up liking about it, I will at least be honest enough to come back and say so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trekbbs.jpg (30.5 KB, 31 views)

Old October 7 2013, 09:23 PM   #125
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

You really shouldn't make unfounded assumptions. See the attached screenshot. It's my understanding that only paid members get to see and post in the premium members' lounge.
Well I guess I stand corrected and that explains the self entitlement that blares from every single one of your posts you write.

Old October 7 2013, 09:35 PM   #126
Timewalker

Well I guess I stand corrected and that explains the self entitlement that blares from every single one of your posts you write.

I sincerely doubt you've read every single one of my posts. And I formed my opinion of nuTrek long before even considering becoming a paid member here.

Old October 7 2013, 09:43 PM   #127
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

I sincerely doubt you've read every single one of my posts. And I formed my opinion of nuTrek long before even considering becoming a paid member here.
Here, the spoiler thread and a few other threads, you give off a very negative impression.

Old October 7 2013, 10:53 PM   #128
Timewalker

Here, the spoiler thread and a few other threads, you give off a very negative impression.
I probably give negative impressions if I'm posting about something I don't like.

The opposite tends to be true if it's about something I do like, or if it's one of the very long story threads (where you post 5 words at a time), a caption thread, etc. I was quite enthusiastic about posting in the Shouting Spock thread, and used to enter some of the avatar contests.

As I said, I sincerely doubt you've read all of those.

Old October 7 2013, 11:32 PM   #129
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Fair warnng: my next TOS book contains liberal amounts of VOYAGER-related material.
Old October 7 2013, 11:41 PM   #130
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago

Good gracious! (swoons)
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2013, 12:49 AM   #131
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Fair warnng: my next TOS book contains liberal amounts of VOYAGER-related material.
Will there be a Surgeon General's warning on the cover?
Old October 8 2013, 12:50 AM   #132
SeerSGB
Admiral

View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile

Lord have mercy Mr. Cox, the vulgarity. I do declare.
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2013, 12:52 AM   #133
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
Will there be a Surgeon General's warning on the cover?
How about an Emergency Medical Hologram's warning?
Old October 8 2013, 01:37 AM   #134
trampledamage
Clone

No, I have not.
While it can be annoying to have a lot of people reacting negatively to your opinions, it doesn't automatically become trolling. And up until today's posts everything in this thread has been civil.

You are entitled to have your opinions and post them, everyone else is equally entitled to have theirs and post theirs. We won't all agree. It's important for everyone to stay polite and enjoy the conversation.

You're crossing the line into getting personal, Dimesdan, the self entitlement comment isn't warranted.

Now, let's get back to poking fun at Greg Cox for daring to put Voyager within a TOS novel (Something I'm really intrigued by...)

And he says that like it's a bad thing...
trampledamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2013, 01:41 AM   #135
SeerSGB
Admiral

View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile

Voyager + TOS = Janeway/Kirk
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote