RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,653
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 586
Newest member: Damix

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old October 6 2013, 03:59 AM   #571
diankra
Commodore

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Isn't there still another story beyond The Tenth Planet episode 4 that has been announced as being animated, and has a release date set?
The Moonbase was scheduled for release in October, but has now been replaced by Tenth Planet and been rescheduled to January 14th 2014 (late delivery of the animation, officially). Everything I've heard says that Underwater Menace is also being done, but nothing's been officially said to confirm that.
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 04:10 AM   #572
Christopher
Writer

I've seen the animated reconstructions of "The Invasion" and "The Reign of Terror" now, and they're interesting, though the animation is of moderate quality at best. I wish that they would interpolate surviving live-action clips where available, like the first and last moments of an episode that overlap with adjacent ones. Or at least include surviving clips and telesnaps as bonus features. It doesn't seem right not to have the available original material included.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 07:27 AM   #573
Lonemagpie
Writer

Now the redtops are at it on the word of a random "Dr Who expert" (read "gullible fan or troll") - http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/1...overed-2343474

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 08:48 AM   #574
Candlelight
Admiral

diankra wrote: View Post
though Cyprus never bought Reign of Terror, but still got sent it
Did it clear the censors? The Crusade was never bought by New Zealand but the films remained here, most getting junked in 1974 and ep1 found 25 years later.

diankra wrote: View Post
I didn't know Germany ever got anything. But is it possible that they only got sent some of The Ice Warriors? Hence explaining how an incomplete set of prints was found at Enterprises?
The prints found at Ents were "cutting copies", and not overseas broadcast versions.

Germany was actually sent several episodes/serials but The Ice Warriors is the only serial I've heard of by name. It's likely the other serials (stories A, B and C for example) were from existing stories and thus hardly get a mention.
Old October 6 2013, 10:09 AM   #575
Candlelight
Admiral

Someone called Alan posted the Daily Mirror link on the missing episodes forum. Paul Vanezis replied immediately:

Sadly untrue Alan.
Old October 6 2013, 10:49 AM   #576
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

The only possible good that can come of that tabloid article-- and I doubt it'll happen-- is that it might inspire the BBC to issue the kind of overarching denial that people have been clamoring for ever since their first, poorly-worded statement in June. (Or, if they've actually found something, an announcement of that.) Otherwise, despite its blatant factual errors, the article is going to be held up as evidence of something, just as every claim that's a mix of the unverifiable and the blatantly wrong has had its false elements ignored and its unsourceable elements defended. And someone will be shouting, "Paul Vanezis denied this, why won't he deny my own pet version of the rumours?"
Old October 6 2013, 11:12 AM   #577
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

A good rundown of bogus claims in the Sunday People article: http://www.sfsa.org.au/forum.php?for...c=600#anch6134. Really, we should be grateful that the first tabloid to run with the story picked a version so outlandish that even people who believe 90+ episodes have been found are forced to admit there's something wrong with it.

Meanwhile, Bleeding Cool is back at it, hilariously feeling superior to the Sunday People.
Old October 6 2013, 03:40 PM   #578
VDCNI
Captain

Doctor Who Online tweeting that some episodes are definitely back and BBC will announce next month!
VDCNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 04:14 PM   #579
StCoop
Commodore

VDCNI wrote: View Post
Doctor Who Online tweeting that some episodes are definitely back and BBC will announce next month!
Given that they're the people who started this whole nonsense off in the first place I'm not holding my breath.

However, if even one singular episode has been recovered I've no doubt the people claiming that nearly all of them have will use it to claim that they were "right" all along.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 04:16 PM   #580
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

VDCNI wrote: View Post
Reading this tweet and this tweet, I have the impression there's a news embargo in place. Now that it's out in the open -- "various outlets are reporting this now" -- they can speak about the topic more freely without breaching the embargo. DWO can't tell us the story -- it's still the BBC's story to tell -- but they're telling us there's a story there behind the embargo.

I'm now very curious what happens over the next forty-eight hours.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 04:36 PM   #581
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Interesting development, but I won't believe anything until the BBC themselves say it.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 04:47 PM   #582
Relayer1
Commodore

Evil Headhunter wrote: View Post
Interesting development, but I won't believe anything until the BBC themselves say it.
'Until' sounds way too certain - I'd say it is an 'if' the BBC say anything.

Still hopeful though...
Old October 6 2013, 05:14 PM   #583
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Hmmmm...Not sure what credibility Doctor Who Online might have, but, that definitely sounds like there is indeed something that will be announced and DWO are being gagged. Could be only 1 new episode (If this isn't unsubstantiated hogwash) but, it definitely sounds like they are saying it's no less than 1

Some days it's really tough to maintain your skepticism and keep your hopes down ...

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 05:16 PM   #584
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Relayer1 wrote: View Post
Evil Headhunter wrote: View Post
'Until' sounds way too certain - I'd say it is an 'if' the BBC say anything.

Still hopeful though...
Yeah...that's what I meant to say.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 06:51 PM   #585
diankra
Commodore

Yes, it could simply be DWO stating that they won't report missing episode recoveries till the BBC announces it as a general rule, not that they are currently waiting for a BBC ok to report somthing now.
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote