Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old October 1 2013, 09:24 PM   #151
Indysolo
Fleet Captain

Re: Phase II - Act One of "KITUMBA"

jamesmc wrote: View Post
...Vic's name actually is placed in the first card at the end credits for Director...
Just as season 1 did it!
Old October 1 2013, 09:56 PM   #152
TrekGirl
Ensign

View TrekGirl's Twitter Profile

Professor Moriarty wrote: View Post
I wish there was a "Like" button on this forum, because I'd punch the hell out of it on post #146. Well said.
Thank you Professor!

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
TrekGirl wrote: View Post
Oh and another thing...I'd credit or not credit whoever the hell I wanted, in any way shape or form I wanted. I'd credit Rudolph the mother f*****g Reindeer if I wanted to.
Good for you! The problem though then becomes "How do we take you seriously as a professional production if you don't credit the people who do the work for you?"
That is not a problem because believe me if I was making it, it definitely would NOT be a professional production, lol
TrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2013, 05:14 AM   #153
Jptrekker
Captain

Location: the marketing dept. of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation

Professor Moriarty wrote: View Post

PonyHorton wrote: View Post
Wait'll you see some of my latest matte shots for Kitumba.

You'll just DIE!
I'm going to hold you to that. I just finished watching your "Cookin' With Gas" Star Trek fan film for the fifth time and it's still not stale. I loved living in the Star Trek universe you created in that short film, if only for a few minutes. And the little surprise extra after the end credits? OH CRAP!
Agreed, that and 1701 Pennsylvania Ave are very well done, and very funny as well. Thanks Pony!
Jptrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2013, 07:01 PM   #154
PonyHorton
Ensign

a

Last edited by PonyHorton; October 6 2013 at 07:07 AM.
PonyHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2013, 07:26 PM   #155
DCR
Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for sharing, Pony.

Really enjoying your work on Kitumba.
DCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2013, 09:27 PM   #156
Shane Houston
Commander

View Shane Houston's Twitter Profile

I have been pretty quiet about the turmoils of P2 as you have (or have NOT) seen.

But here's what I do have to say:...

In 2006 I was dying of AIDS. The docs gave me three months unless I got on the cocktail, which I did. The drugs helped my body, but honestly, at that point in my life, I felt I had little left to give and nothing to look forward to. By 2007, the camper I was living in, on the streets, caught fire, burning me badly and killing my dog and two cats. Suddenly I was, LITERALLY, on the streets....

My friend Ed allowed me to stay in his converted garage while I got my life sorted out.

It was then I discovered STAR TREK NEW VOYAGES during a web search for something else.

I watched the first two episodes, and was hooked. I saw the talent, raw though it was, and I wanted to help somehow. When they put out a call for recruitment on BAF, I sent them a Transporter test, and they snapped me up!

To date I have become one of two VFX Supervisors on the show, Tobias Richter being the other. Suddenly, I'm swamped with TREK work, and by now I've created DOZENS, if not more, shots for P2, and even found myself in front of the camera as an actor!

James and everyone else at P2 have become such good friends, I can't imagine life without them now! And my association with P2 has brought me into the realms of David Gerrold, Doug Drexler, Mike Okuda, and many others form the TV shows. I've even done the occasional payed job because of my P2 effects! David has personally asked me to do work for him on his P2 efforts!!!

All because of this web series, STAR TREK PHASE 2. Something we do for fun.

But P2 is, literally, the only reason I'm alive today. AIDS can bring you down hard and fast. AIDS combined with tuberculosis, pnuemonia, and a lot of pain, is a seriously deadly combination.

Had it not been for P2, for James, and the other folks there who have given me such love and support, I would simply not be here today.

So, if somebody out there goes on a bitch-rant against P2, of James, or any of us, remember my friends... your show saved a life. Mine. And because of you, I have a LOT more to give!

My deepest thanks. I'll try to earn it!

Pony Horton
Thanks for sharing this.
"I excel at following the important ones." Admiral Kathryn Janeway answering Counselor Cambridge's questioning her whether she excels at following orders. Star Trek Voyager: Protectors by New York Times Bestselling authorKirsten "Mother F**ng" Beyer
Shane Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 12:31 AM   #157
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

He who saves a single life, saves the world.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2013, 06:12 PM   #158
scifib5st
Commander

Halliwell wrote: View Post
I have been pretty quiet about the turmoils of P2 as you have (or have NOT) seen.

But here's what I do have to say:...

In 2006 I was dying of AIDS. The docs gave me three months unless I got on the cocktail, which I did. The drugs helped my body, but honestly, at that point in my life, I felt I had little left to give and nothing to look forward to. By 2007, the camper I was living in, on the streets, caught fire, burning me badly and killing my dog and two cats. Suddenly I was, LITERALLY, on the streets....

My friend Ed allowed me to stay in his converted garage while I got my life sorted out.

It was then I discovered STAR TREK NEW VOYAGES during a web search for something else.

I watched the first two episodes, and was hooked. I saw the talent, raw though it was, and I wanted to help somehow. When they put out a call for recruitment on BAF, I sent them a Transporter test, and they snapped me up!

To date I have become one of two VFX Supervisors on the show, Tobias Richter being the other. Suddenly, I'm swamped with TREK work, and by now I've created DOZENS, if not more, shots for P2, and even found myself in front of the camera as an actor!

James and everyone else at P2 have become such good friends, I can't imagine life without them now! And my association with P2 has brought me into the realms of David Gerrold, Doug Drexler, Mike Okuda, and many others form the TV shows. I've even done the occasional payed job because of my P2 effects! David has personally asked me to do work for him on his P2 efforts!!!

All because of this web series, STAR TREK PHASE 2. Something we do for fun.

But P2 is, literally, the only reason I'm alive today. AIDS can bring you down hard and fast. AIDS combined with tuberculosis, pnuemonia, and a lot of pain, is a seriously deadly combination.

Had it not been for P2, for James, and the other folks there who have given me such love and support, I would simply not be here today.

So, if somebody out there goes on a bitch-rant against P2, of James, or any of us, remember my friends... your show saved a life. Mine. And because of you, I have a LOT more to give!

My deepest thanks. I'll try to earn it!

Pony Horton
Thanks for sharing this.
Gee, I missed this, Thanks for posting this.
Thanks Pony for this insight.... I never knew....
And Pony I love your work and acting as a

Pony, can the cast sell autographed "Cast" photos???
scifib5st is offline   Reply With Quote