The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 19 2013, 09:51 PM   #16
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Re: Survivor 27: Blood vs Water

Yeah, it left a really bad taste in my mouth the way Marissa got eliminated. Granted she had done nothing to develop social relationships to that point and she probably would have been next, but it still must suck for a young kid to be judged by your old uncle's bad behavior.

One thing that surprised me is that the hidden immunity idol was not mentioned once. Either it's somehow connected to redemption island or for some weird reason, nobody bothered to look for it.

They wouldn't take it out of the game, would they? It's produced the most interesting drama in the game since it was introduced.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2013, 12:00 AM   #17
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

Danny99 wrote: View Post
Rupert or his wife will be the first voted out unless their win some kind of awesome immunity. People don't want to go up against a popular Survivor like that.
I would like to see both of them go far this season.
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2013, 12:04 AM   #18
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Gervase and Candace's hubby, chumps of the week.
Old September 20 2013, 02:12 AM   #19
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

I liked it. We'll see how things turn out. The only thing I didn't like was the instant elimination. I hate that on all competition shows, it sucks for the player and the viewers.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2013, 06:43 PM   #20
FreezeC77
Commodore

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
I liked it. We'll see how things turn out. The only thing I didn't like was the instant elimination. I hate that on all competition shows, it sucks for the player and the viewers.
Yea, it was pretty stupid. It would have made more sense if the two people voted out were then forced to switch tribes. So you then introduced a dynamic to each tribe where someone then suddenly was paired with their family member, while the rest of the tribe had their family members on the opposite tribe.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2013, 09:44 PM   #21
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

A friend of mine told me that he heard the reason they voted Candace out immediately is that she was a last minute replacement.

According to a post I made in the thread for last year's Survivor I was expecting to see Rob Cesternino and RC instead of Colton and Candice, so I believe that if Candice got in because RC dropped out at the last moment.
Old September 21 2013, 04:31 PM   #22
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
A friend of mine told me that he heard the reason they voted Candace out immediately is that she was a last minute replacement.

According to a post I made in the thread for last year's Survivor I was expecting to see Rob Cesternino and RC instead of Colton and Candice, so I believe that if Candice got in because RC dropped out at the last moment.

I've heard similar rumors. I also heard that RC came with her dad, and the reason they dropped out was because her dad was having medical issues related to high blood pressure on the day before filming started.

I also heard that Rob Cesternino was supposed to be there with his wife, but I believe they had to drop out because she got pregnant.
—T.S. Eliot
Old October 3 2013, 10:43 AM   #23
Yoda
Rear Admiral

This season is just bad.
Old October 3 2013, 06:46 PM   #24
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

I'm just glad Colton's gone.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2013, 07:42 PM   #25
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

What a strange turn of events. It's like Colton played an entire game of Survivor in three days, and no one wanted to play with him.

The Brad guy in charge of the loved ones tribe is not doing well. I mean, he is and he isn't. He thinks he's got everything wrapped up nicely, but the fact that he was so willing to turn on John will not be a fact that escapes the rest of his tribe or the other tribe.
—T.S. Eliot
Old October 3 2013, 11:28 PM   #26
Yoda
Rear Admiral

That whole Brad thing was just stupid. Gets rid of John because Candace might come back? Uhh bro did you not just notice that everyone else including yourself in your alliance also has a loved one they would happily get back together and plot with?

The daughters that got pwned by their mothers were just pathetic. WTF are you even doing out there Ciera? Complete dead weight, no chance to win. Just go home and help raise your little kids.
Old October 4 2013, 03:54 AM   #27
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

It's way too early to say the season is bad. I mean, the season's gimmicks are bad, yes. The only show-ruiner left pathetically though and IMO there's good enough people to make the second half of the game interesting.

When are the producers going to learn that EVERY time they do returning castmembers against new people the returning castmembers will dominate completely?

If it were up to me they'd either do all returning or none returning and nothing in between.
Old October 4 2013, 04:55 PM   #28
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

I think that while returnees should have been on the tribe opposite their own loved one, they could have at least had each tribe be half and half. Half returnees, half the other returnees loved ones. Oh well.

I think this will be an interesting season. Survivor is one of those shows that gets better as the season goes on, so you can't judge too harshly based on just a couple of episodes. Unlike Big Brother, which is good at the beginning, then great in the middle, then kind of boring at the end (except for this season, which sucked from beginning to end).
—T.S. Eliot
Old October 4 2013, 05:31 PM   #29
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
I think that while returnees should have been on the tribe opposite their own loved one, they could have at least had each tribe be half and half. Half returnees, half the other returnees loved ones. Oh well.

I think this will be an interesting season. Survivor is one of those shows that gets better as the season goes on, so you can't judge too harshly based on just a couple of episodes. Unlike Big Brother, which is good at the beginning, then great in the middle, then kind of boring at the end (except for this season, which sucked from beginning to end).
Depends on the season. Some seasons are obnoxiously boring after the merge because one tribe just knocks off the other one by one.

For Big Brother, I would alternately say, some seasons suck from beginning to end (2/3), and some are good from beginning to end (1/3). This season, as you said, was a suck season.

I agree it would have probably been better to do 5/5 returning/loved ones with all players opposite their loved one.
Old October 6 2013, 06:05 PM   #30
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Pegaritaville wrote: View Post
I'm just glad Colton's gone.
I have no time for quitters, especially those who have played the game and knows what it takes to survive (Colton, Sue Hawk, Jenna Morasca) I may take some heat for Jenna, but if you know Mom is that sick, why even agree to go? Sue had spent an entire season with a naked Hatch and now she has an issue? Colton has quit once, why go back for a second!