Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Rate The Wolverine
Excellent 17 20.99%
Above Average 37 45.68%
Average 25 30.86%
Below Average 2 2.47%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 3 2013, 04:32 AM   #211
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

Re: THE WOLVERINE - Reviews and Discussion Thread

I am really pissed off about the extended cut only being in 3D! More and more I am being very selective in what I buy on DVD or Blu-Ray. But I had every intention to buy. its BS!
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2013, 04:57 AM   #212
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Dick Whitman wrote: View Post
I am really pissed off about the extended cut only being in 3D! More and more I am being very selective in what I buy on DVD or Blu-Ray. But I had every intention to buy. its BS!
The extended cut itself is not in 3D. The set comes with the theatrical release on a 3D disk, and then the theatrical version again and the extended version will be on standard disks. So think of it this way-- if you buy the 3D version, you still get everything you want on standard disks, plus you get a free coaster!
Old October 3 2013, 05:08 AM   #213
Dream
Admiral

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
The extended cut itself is not in 3D. The set comes with the theatrical release on a 3D disk, and then the theatrical version again and the extended version will be on standard disks. So think of it this way-- if you buy the 3D version, you still get everything you want on standard disks, plus you get a free coaster!
To put it more simply, you get the extended edition in both 2D and 3D if you buy the 3D version.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2013, 06:44 AM   #214
JD
Admiral

The extended edition only being with the 3D version really annoys me. I understand it's on one of the 2D discs, but it still sucks for people who want to see the EE but don't have 3D. You shouldn't have to pay extra for something you don't have any interest in to be able to see something you want.
Old October 3 2013, 06:49 AM   #215
Dream
Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
The extended edition only being with the 3D version really annoys me. I understand it's on one of the 2D discs, but it still sucks for people who want to see the EE but don't have 3D. You shouldn't have to pay extra for something you don't have any interest in to be able to see something you want.
Yeah, this sucks for costumers and fans, but it has been going on for years now with studios pricing dvds with bonus features at a higher cost.
Old October 3 2013, 09:25 AM   #216
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
I'm too lazy to link but apparently Jackman said, while publicising Prisoners, something along the lines that it would take a really special script to get him to reprise the role again. Personally, I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.
It'd be cool if in 20/30 years they brought him back to do an Old Man Logan style Wolverine movie. Although to be fair by then I'm sure they'll have probably rebooted the character/actor twice over.
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2013, 09:40 AM   #217
Dream
Admiral

Ethros wrote: View Post
It'd be cool if in 20/30 years they brought him back to do an Old Man Logan style Wolverine movie.
I also suggested they do a movie of that about two months ago in this same topic!

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.ph...55#post8475055
Old October 4 2013, 05:30 AM   #218
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

If the Extended Cut is on a standard disk I will consider it. At least it means there are probably ways to see it without buying it...
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2013, 05:44 AM   #219
Dream
Admiral

At least it means there are probably ways to see it without buying it...
You shouldn't have said that! Now Wolverine will be after you while you are asleep! Don't mess with FOX, bub!
Old November 5 2013, 06:51 PM   #220
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Get set for Wolverine 3

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ne-sequel.html
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2013, 08:07 PM   #221
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Fox should be trying to diversify their X-Men lineup. If Hugh Jackman decides to quit playing Wolverine or mainstream audiences get tired of his character the entire franchise is dead. The MCU had a similar problem with Robert Downey Jr., and Marvel handled it perfectly by milking Iron Man just enough to add a few more billion in the bank without relying on him exclusively. There's other characters who can pick up the slack if the MCU loses its star. The same cannot be said for The X-Men.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2013, 10:21 PM   #222
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Well, it seems that FOX and the X-Franchise isn't quite done with Hugh Jackman quite yet after all.

I wanna see Madripoor!
Old November 5 2013, 11:12 PM   #223
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Is a Wolverine sequel supposed to fit in the two year gap?
Old November 5 2013, 11:41 PM   #224
ManOnTheWave
Rear Admiral

I wonder what they mean by "direct sequel?" I know the article says Mangold is returning and writing the treatment, but I wonder if this means more Japan, or at least more Yukio and Mariko?

Eh, time will tell.
Old November 5 2013, 11:44 PM   #225
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I also hate it when on the disc there is bonus material that I never watch. Can't I get just the film and pay less?
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote