Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Closed Thread

Old September 30 2013, 07:51 PM   #61
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

Re: Ok Trekkers, Don't Forget To Sign Up For Mandatory Obamacare Oct 1

Get help, no sane person actually believes this stuff.
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
Old September 30 2013, 07:52 PM   #62
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

The State of Hawaii says he was born there. There is no higher authority in such matters.
My blog
Old September 30 2013, 07:55 PM   #63
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Peach Wookiee wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I'm not sure if I like this thing or not. On one end I've heard it's really affecting employers and that is why Hiring is not as good as it once was, but on the other, it is affordable health care that everyone should take advantage of. I also got a notice from my current health insurance this last weekend saying that if I don't apply for new health insurance, I will be put into something that is like what I currently have (Which will no longer be offered) and the rates will jump again from $227 to $300.04. I don't like that one bit.
You might qualify for a subsidy depending on how much you make, tomalak301.
I just checked and I do not qualify. The good news is I have my old insurance until the end of the year. As for next year, I'm not even sure if it's going to be delayed or not.
Old September 30 2013, 08:00 PM   #64
Shilliam Watner
Commander

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
The State of Hawaii says he was born there. There is no higher authority in such matters.
Yea but a authoritative law enforcement entity called the Maricopa County Sheriffs Office now has evidence that puts their statements and actions into serious question. The people in question are Hawaii state registrar Alvin Onaka, Chiyome Fukino and Loretta Fuddy, the new Hawaii Director Of Health. They will probably be the first to be subpoenaed by a investigative committee on capitol hill.
Old September 30 2013, 08:02 PM   #65
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Peach Wookiee wrote: View Post
I'm searching for new plans in my state and I can't afford it on my own. I was able to before this and now my plan is being phased out. The cost for the bronze plan is almost 100 bucks more than my plan and I really don't know what to do. I've got less than a month to figure things out...
I just found out I'm in the same boat. I'm curious how is this affordable if because of this bill I'm going to be paying more for Insurance than I am already? The more I research this (And I did hear about the whole freezing on hiring by employers because of the ACA at an accounting conference I went to in Vegas a few years ago) the more I don't like it. I'm going to have some decisions to make in the next few months.

Last edited by SJSharksfan39; September 30 2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old September 30 2013, 08:02 PM   #66
Shilliam Watner
Commander

IndyJones wrote: View Post
Get help, no sane person actually believes this stuff.
Watch the press conference by Sheriff Arpaio in the link I provided. Don't stick your head in the sand. Watch it and listen.
Old September 30 2013, 08:04 PM   #67
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Shilliam Watner wrote: View Post
Yea but a authoritative law enforcement entity called the Maricopa County Sheriffs Office now has evidence that puts their statements and actions into serious question.
Really? An elected political actor in a jurisdiction far removed from the one in question is sufficient to overcome all the evidence to the contrary?

Not that I care, birther bullshit is 100% irrelevant at this point.
Old September 30 2013, 08:13 PM   #68
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Wow. The OP just completely derailed his own thread. Impressive.
Old September 30 2013, 08:14 PM   #69
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Not a single member of Congress is interested in pursuing Zullo's claims, even with the downright crazy Tea Party caucus involved. That right there says it all.
My blog
Old September 30 2013, 08:28 PM   #70
J. Allen
Dancing on Rainbows

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Marc wrote: View Post
Politifact has been found to be extremely biased towards the left. Not a good reliable source.
You mean it counters conservative bullshit by actually providing the truth.

Newsflash. Just because the truth doesn't fit with your worldview doesn't mean it's biased.
It's not conservative bullshit. Politifact has been exposed as a unreliable source.

http://www.politifactbias.com/
You've referenced a blog that posts no citations. That's not a credible source.
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." - Mark Twain
Old September 30 2013, 08:28 PM   #71
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME

View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy

auntiehill wrote: View Post
Doesn't bother me at all because I would get the insurance, because I needed it, just like I have car insurance, because I need it. If I was single now, and there was no Affordable Health Act, I'd be majorly screwed. But now, if I had to buy insurance for myself, I could, because otherwise I don't think insurance companies would take me, or they would charge me an outrageous price I could never hope to afford.
It's wrong for the government to intrude into our lives and impose fines on people who can't afford mandatory premiums. This will cause a lot of heart ache on families and small business owners across the nation.
I look forward to your complaints on mandatory auto insurance.
Old September 30 2013, 08:33 PM   #72
Shilliam Watner
Commander

Not a single member of Congress is interested in pursuing Zullo's claims, even with the downright crazy Tea Party caucus involved. That right there says it all.
Completely false. It was the Tea Party who lobbied Sheriff Arpaio to initiate the investigation and yes, congressmen HAVE been meeting with Zullo to plot the next step in getting this Constitutional crisis resolved.
Old September 30 2013, 08:33 PM   #73
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

You have the right to choose not to drive, just as much as you have the right to choose not to live. QED.
My blog
Old September 30 2013, 08:39 PM   #74
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

Completely false. It was the Tea Party who lobbied Sheriff Arpaio to initiate the investigation and yes, congressmen HAVE been meeting with Zullo to plot the next step in getting this Constitutional crisis resolved.
...this imaginary Constitutional crisis...

Old September 30 2013, 08:39 PM   #75
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Not true at all that I am confused. I am privy to a lot of things pertaining to this. Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Cold Case Posse of the Maricopa County Sheriffs Office has done a 22 month investigation that found the birth certificate put on the White House website back on April 27, 2011 to be a 100% forgery. That evidence was backed by a independent court recognized forensic handwriting and computer-generated document expert named Reed Hayes from Hawaii. He has decades of experience with impeccable credentials. His report was over 40 pages of all things wrong with Obama's birth document and was submitted to Arpaio's lead investigator Mike Zullo. Here is the evidence in an affidavit by Mike Zullo. It is a stunning complication of evidence and it has been turned over to Congressman Steve Stockman and Ted Yoho who are working behind closed doors to get a investigative congressional committee together with subpoena powers. Their evidence now puts the official statements of the Hawaii Dept. of Health officials in question. So no, we can't at this time conclude that Hawaii was the true birthplace of Obama. Also a dual citizen can never be considered a natural born Citizen. The U.S. state department frowns upon dual citizenship.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1O4...it?usp=sharing