RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,702
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 385
Newest member: PlainSimplGarak

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 26 2013, 12:42 PM   #16
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Revolution Season 2 - spoilers

Wasn't Neville commanding the Monroe Republic at the end of Season One? What happened? He wussed out when a couple cities got nuked? He had nothing to do with that...

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 01:29 PM   #17
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Wasn't Neville commanding the Monroe Republic at the end of Season One? What happened? He wussed out when a couple cities got nuked? He had nothing to do with that...
He went to look for his wife who was in Atlanta and presumably dead because of the nuclear destruction and then fell into a depression because of her death.

I liked the episode. They are making it more fantasy and less reality. Aarons demise surprised me. Was he the only one with the skills and knowledge on how to turn the nanites off and on?
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 05:54 PM   #18
Tom
Rear Admiral

Aaron is the new Jack Harkness!!
Old September 26 2013, 06:29 PM   #19
sojourner
Admiral

Actually at the end of last season he was commanding a small group of Munroe forces around the tower. More than likely the rest of the Munroe Republic never heard of him.

Though, one has to wonder, what became of all the pendant powered vehicles at the tower? Do the pendants no longer work?

The time jump was a cheap copout and robbed us of the best part of the story - the immediate fallout of the events of the season finale.
Old September 26 2013, 07:02 PM   #20
SAndrews10
Captain

So why didn't they just turn the power back on after they crashed the nukes?
SAndrews10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 07:37 PM   #21
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
The time jump was a cheap copout and robbed us of the best part of the story - the immediate fallout of the events of the season finale.
Last night's episode had a series of flashbacks. It's possible they will continue to show us how things unfolded - we can only hope.

SAndrews10 wrote: View Post
I think Rachel, Miles and the group quickly realized that society as it existed at that moment - a series of autocracies ruled by a bunch of megalomaniaces - wasn't ready to handle having the power turned on wholesale for everyone.

Last edited by DarthTom; September 26 2013 at 07:53 PM.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 11:19 PM   #22
Snick27
Captain

sojourner wrote: View Post
Actually at the end of last season he was commanding a small group of Munroe forces around the tower. More than likely the rest of the Munroe Republic never heard of him.

Though, one has to wonder, what became of all the pendant powered vehicles at the tower? Do the pendants no longer work?

I agree, poor lazy writing that seems to happen a lot now a days. Its lets have this big thing happen at the end of the season and have no pay off of the immediate fallout next season. Just like was pulled on Supernatural at end of season 7 and beginning of season 8.

Again one of the coolest things about last season is finally we have electric back, how to see how the world handles having it back on and seeing how everyone deals with the rebuilding etc.
Way to screw that good story.

Last night's episode had a series of flashbacks. It's possible they will continue to show us how things unfolded - we can only hope.
That just kills the hype of the new season and the flow of it. Didn't like it last year on Supernatural either.

I think Rachel, Miles and the group quickly realized that society as it existed at that moment - a series of autocracies ruled by a bunch of megalomaniaces - wasn't ready to handle having the power turned on wholesale for everyone
If so then they are stupid. You just had 2 major cities get nuked, you think a little thing like surrounding areas having electric would be a good thing.

And the fact the dead can now come back to life, I mean please, talk about taken a great thing from last season and totally changing the show.
I give it one more episode but not liking the direction.
Old September 27 2013, 12:22 AM   #23
Lyon_Wonder
Commander

The Patriots are already setting up shop at the White House in Washington DC, which is 130 miles southwest from the radiation-laden, nuclear fall-out zone Philly.
Lyon_Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2013, 02:18 AM   #24
Mr Light
Admiral

I'm confused, our characters chose to shut off the power AFTER the nukes hit? Why didn't they shut it off BEFORE the nukes hit? Or did it take them awhile to figure out how to do it?

Old September 27 2013, 03:02 AM   #25
sojourner
Admiral

^Did you watch the episode?
Old September 28 2013, 06:38 AM   #26
JD
Admiral

I thought it was a great new start.
As for for the time jump, after the premier I'm pretty sure we'll be getting flashbacks to the 6 month gap instead of the time before the blackout.
In pretty much all of the interviews I read and watched before the season they were pretty open about The Patriots, the group claiming to be the US Government, being the new big bad.
Old September 28 2013, 01:48 PM   #27
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

I have no problems with the nanites bring aaron back to life. We already know they heal people, and of all the people who they could save he earned it. Plus they use his code. Maybe they love him.
Old September 28 2013, 01:51 PM   #28
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I thought it was a great new start.
As for for the time jump, after the premier I'm pretty sure we'll be getting flashbacks to the 6 month gap instead of the time before the blackout.
In pretty much all of the interviews I read and watched before the season they were pretty open about The Patriots, the group claiming to be the US Government, being the new big bad.
At this point in the show, even the REAL us government would be the new big bad. They could totally have a legitimate claim to the country and still be the big bad.
Old September 29 2013, 04:59 PM   #29
Tom
Rear Admiral

ThunderAeroI wrote: View Post
I have no problems with the nanites bring aaron back to life. We already know they heal people, and of all the people who they could save he earned it. Plus they use his code. Maybe they love him.
Which makes be wonder if they are going to make the nanites sentient somehow? Maybe the reasoning would be that there are so many (quadrillions) of them that they collectively are developing a sentient consciousness. So we may see weird shit like the healing of Aaron and power to come on in wierd places etc..
Old September 29 2013, 05:38 PM   #30
Mr Light
Admiral

I'm sure it just happened because he was wearing a pendant all that time... was he wearing it at the time of his death?