Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old September 22 2013, 07:44 AM   #136
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

Re: GTA V Announced

Yeah, i'm having fun with the game as well...
I'm just past the point where Micheal and Trevor meat again after 10 years, which is the start of a mission involving Lazlow...
I like all 3 main characters, though i'm not really fond of Micheal's family or Franklin's friends, though Trevor's buddies are also very fun in a weird way...
I'm trying to do as many Freaks and Strangers missions as possible, though i'm not going to search for hidden packages etc, but the ones i did are also very funny...
Apparently there are only like 5 or 6 heists, which is a bit of a bummer though...
Old September 22 2013, 09:00 AM   #137
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

^yeah, I was kind of hoping that the heists would be a kind of cookie-cutter thing where you could do all this prep and planning to rob jewelry stores, banks, cluckin' bells, and the whole thing about hiring the crappier hackers/drivers/shooters and their stats getting better? it might if they didn't mess up and die every.damn.time.
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2013, 12:46 PM   #138
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I'm surprised by the lack of heists thus far. I'm about halfway through the game and there's only been two, and the second one (the mini-sub one) didn't even feel like a proper heist because I didn't have to hire anyone for it, just pick between two methods of pulling it off. I just got a call to go visit that guy whose house Michael destroyed early in the game, so I assume he's going to drag me into more heist action, but I wasn't expecting the game to take so long to get into the main heist stuff.

Driving while shooting is a pain, it was much easier in GTA4 even though the mechanics of it are almost exactly the same. I think that the changes to the driving mechanics make car chases much more rapid, making aiming more difficult than it used to be.
Old September 22 2013, 08:45 PM   #139
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Wow, that's surprising. I'd have thought that considering how much of a big deal they were making the 3 characters and the heists, that they'd at least have heists as side missions. Or to get the gang together and pull something off in a minigame. Maybe they're saving more heists for a DLC. Or maybe they're counting on user-created content for GTA Online.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 05:28 AM   #140
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

Yeah, yesterday i did the mission from the gameplay trailer, where you kidnap that guy from a office-building and you switch between Micheal rapelling from the chopper and Franklin using a sniper rifle...
But apparently there are also only like 2 of those kind of missions in the game...
So, maybe 8 or 9 missions total where you use all 3 characters where you can/should switch between them out of 69 missions...
And i've done only maybe 2 missions where i had Micheal and Franklin working together during some missions...
Old September 23 2013, 12:41 PM   #141
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

I thought you could organize your own heists, not only as part of story missions.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 10:59 PM   #142
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Davros wrote: View Post
In the driving around moments I find myself being far more nasty with Trevor than the other two characters. Has this happened with anybody else?
I have. I've also noticed that when I play as Trevor I tend to shy away from sports cars and prefer driving trucks because of the increased carnage they cause.

In general, I find myself role-playing more than in past games. When Franklin got a safehouse in Vinewood Hills, I went on the Vinewood tour bus and visited the Vinewood sign, almost as if I was acclimatising him to his new home.
LOL!!

Theres a point in the narrative where Michael has a life altering event with his family. I actually decided to go on a long drive/rampage after that and visited a shrink for the first time in the game... and yes, I'm a pure psycho with Trevor and prefer Trucks and country/rock music. Franklin likes West Coast Classics and Modern rap and Mike likes 80's pop.
AlphaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 11:05 PM   #143
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

Rincewiend wrote: View Post
Yeah, yesterday i did the mission from the gameplay trailer, where you kidnap that guy from a office-building and you switch between Micheal rapelling from the chopper and Franklin using a sniper rifle...
But apparently there are also only like 2 of those kind of missions in the game...
So, maybe 8 or 9 missions total where you use all 3 characters where you can/should switch between them out of 69 missions...
And i've done only maybe 2 missions where i had Micheal and Franklin working together during some missions...

I'm about 4 heist in at this point.... Only 1 where I was able to hire a crew, though.
Old September 25 2013, 01:39 AM   #144
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Unlocked Trevor. Man he's nuts. A fun nuts but nuts.

And man, planes "drive" like a slightly more controllable paper airplane.
Old September 26 2013, 05:00 PM   #145
QCzar
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to QCzar Send a message via Yahoo to QCzar

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Unlocked Trevor. Man he's nuts. A fun nuts but nuts.

And man, planes "drive" like a slightly more controllable paper airplane.
I love switching to Trevor. He often seems to have been doing something wacky. And I especially like that whatever it was is left to your imagination.

As with driving, aircraft handling supposedly improves the more you do it (without crashing, that is). I have filled out most of the three characters' driving skill (easy to do, considering the nature of the game) and there is a slight, but noticeable improvement in handling. Especially with sports cars.

I have mixed feelings about the game's whole skills mechanic. While I can see where it adds gameplay value, there are times when fishtailing into traffic in a car that is uncontrollable, not because of poor driving, but because I haven't filled out some stat is pretty infuriating. I guess it's "immersive".

On balance, though, it's not too bad. I look forward to replaying some missions with the skills maxed out.
QCzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 05:09 PM   #146
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

I can't fly planes or helicopters worth damn.
Old September 26 2013, 05:17 PM   #147
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

switched to Trevor last night, he was on the interstate with a 2 star wanted level, got wasted cause there wasn't any place to go
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2013, 12:19 AM   #148
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

I must be not getting something when it comes to flying. I can take off and steer just fine, but I find landing extremely difficult. I've managed to do it twice at the moment, but it took me about a dozen tries each time.
Old September 27 2013, 12:39 AM   #149
Davros
Fleet Admiral

During to load screen one of the info boxes that showed up said if I found the game too dark I could adjust the brightness in the settings and my thought was. "Does this give the story a happier ending?"
Old September 27 2013, 12:54 AM   #150
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

AlphaMan wrote: View Post
I must be not getting something when it comes to flying. I can take off and steer just fine, but I find landing extremely difficult. I've managed to do it twice at the moment, but it took me about a dozen tries each time.
Problem I have with planes and helicopters is that the controls are too sensitive. I push on the stick a bit and the plane pitches into a nose-dive and loses 100s of feet in altitude.