Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 23 2013, 07:51 AM   #16
Warped9
Admiral

Re: Boardwalk Empire - Season 4 Discussion Thread

I'm still here.

I thought Richard might almost buy it for a moment there.

I like Chalky so I've taken a dislike to Dr. Narcise or whatever his name is.

Looks like it could get messy in Florida. The sight of that guy with a machete in his head was a bit cringe inducing.
Old September 23 2013, 08:42 PM   #17
Tom
Rear Admiral

Im watching but this season is not grabbing me so far. Probably because I'm watching Breaking Bad then this, so my head is in Breaking Bad mode.

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 08:42 PM   #18
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Another great episode. Doesn't surprise me one bit that Dr. Narcise is going to try to divide and conquer Chalky. Hopefully, Chalky will see it coming and put the bastard in his place, but I worry.

I'm sad, yet unsurprised, that Richard is living his sister already but I suppose he can't stay away from the main action forever. I wonder where he'll go now.

Still no Margaret, but at least she gets a tangential mention via Teddy. I think this is the longest absence we've seen of the character the whole show.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 08:46 PM   #19
Tom
Rear Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
Still no Margaret, but at least she gets a tangential mention via Teddy. I think this is the longest absence we've seen of the character the whole show.

Is Kelly McDonald pregnant perhaps? maybe that would explain her absence from the show, that or another project that got in the way of the shooting schedule.

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 02:28 AM   #20
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

My guess is that the writers chose this path and want to reintroduce her gradually which is a good call. It'd be pretty lame if she immediately returned.
Old September 25 2013, 08:15 PM   #21
billcosby
Commodore

All the characters are really spread out this season. This last episode sure had a creepy vibe all over it. More so than usual. I actually found the college kid's storyline the most compelling.
There is never enough Van Alden.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 04:54 AM   #22
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Van Alden's life really hasn't changed that much. He just swapped one Enforcer job for another, except now he has a hotter and kinkier wife.
Anwar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 05:36 AM   #23
billcosby
Commodore

True, but Van Aldens' life is so intense and weird. Nucky's life is pretty boring these days, compared to Van Aldens.

Old September 26 2013, 05:57 AM   #24
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Van Alden's life is likely to get more intense. This is 1924, I believe, O'Banion didn't have the best of years in '24, historically speaking.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 07:10 AM   #25
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

I have a feeling that Van Alden will unwillingly end up working for Capone somehow. In their last confrontation, you could see how uncomfortable he was just being around him. Plus, it would make a rather interesting character arc, going from an agent to actually working for somebody in a business he originally was trying to eradicate. Just that prospect alone probably makes him uncomfortable, and I could see it in their last confrontation.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2013, 07:36 AM   #26
billcosby
Commodore

Most people likely feel uncomfortable around Al. He's a real hothead! I was admiring how excellent the casting was by comparing him to his real life pictures on Wikipedia.

Old September 26 2013, 12:12 PM   #27
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

You know, Jeffrey Wright's character and his overtly fake politeness and pretense has the tendency to annoy the heck out of me. But maybe it's supposed to be this way. I guess Chalky would just love to punch the guy in the face (and so would I ).
Ensign_Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2013, 04:19 AM   #28
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

billcosby wrote: View Post
Most people likely feel uncomfortable around Al. He's a real hothead! I was admiring how excellent the casting was by comparing him to his real life pictures on Wikipedia.

Well, obviously I meant more in terms of his moral character thrust into a situation of doing illegal business, but of course, doing it with Al will increase it tenfold, I can only imagine.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2013, 03:05 AM   #29
Warped9
Admiral

This show is making me paranoid. As soon as Eddie deviated from what Nucky told him to do I thought there'd be trouble...and there is.

I've taken a real dislike to Dr. Narcisse whom I think is a real hypocritical piece of shit. I really hope Chalky gets a whiff of what's going on and promptly stomps this guy.

Rothstein would have been smarter to have not played poker with Nucky.
Old October 2 2013, 09:29 PM   #30
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

I, too, feared for Eddie the moment he deviated from Nucky's instructions. I was worried he would die, but being taken in by Hoover's goons is almost just as bad.

I was quite surprised by Rothstein's behavior in this episode because it was a side of him we haven't seen, but I like the twist of Nucky deciding to dump Rothstein's ass and immediately making a deal with Meyer instead.

I loved the adventures of Van Alden and the Capone Brothers. If they ever want to do a spin-off, this is what they should focus on. Or Richard Takes on the World. Either one. Speaking of which, no Richard this week but I guess he's still on the road.

Also, still no Margaret. Huh.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote