TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Old September 24 2013, 02:23 PM   #16
xvicente
Commander

Re: If Khan defeated Kirk in TWOK

Khan (and Joachim) never seemed interested in Earth at all. Probably they would seek a planet to conquer. I remember a passage in the book when Khan examines his recently aquired Genesis torpedo and thinks something like "when he tired of ruling worlds that existed he would make new world to rule."

And of course, without Kirk, when the whale probe came Earth would be fubared. Kruge and Valkris would never intecerpt any transmission never know about Genesis and die of old age. Or not, because without Earth, when Praxis exploded the Klingons would be fubared. Without Earth there would be no Enterprise-D, then Soran would get in the Nexus and probably the Viridians would be fubared. Voyager would never exist so the Borg wouldn't be fubared, so the entire delta quadrant would. Until species 8472 came to fubar everything.

I am here to talk about Star Trek and chew bubble gum.
and I'm all outta bubble gum.
xvicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 03:39 PM   #17
Robert Comsol
Commodore

From "Space Seed":

KHAN: Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior. Mentally, physically. In fact, I am surprised how little improvement there has been in human evolution. Oh, there has been technical advancement, but, how little man himself has changed. Yes, it appears we will do well in your century, Captain. Do you have any other questions?
KIRK: Thank you. They've all been answered.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 02:02 PM   #18
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

xvicente wrote: View Post
h, when Praxis exploded the Klingons would be fubared. Without Earth there would be no Enterprise-D, then Soran would get in the Nexus and probably the Viridians would be fubared.
Actually without Kirk and Earth, the Viridians would have been perfectly fine.
The Enterprise-B would not have been in range to intercept the Nexus ribbon and save the El-Aurians.
Soran would not have been pulled from the Nexus and never blew up any star systems.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 09:35 PM   #19
SchwEnt
Fleet Captain

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
From "Space Seed":

KHAN: Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior. Mentally, physically. In fact, I am surprised how little improvement there has been in human evolution. Oh, there has been technical advancement, but, how little man himself has changed. Yes, it appears we will do well in your century, Captain. Do you have any other questions?
KIRK: Thank you. They've all been answered.

Bob
I just wanted to add Khan's later quote from the briefing room scene--

KHAN: Nothing ever changes, except man.

What's Khan really trying to say?
SchwEnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 11:07 PM   #20
TheGoodStuff
Lieutenant Commander

While it is intriguing to think that he may have come up with some grandiose, interstellar plan....

....I cant help but feel that he would have rashly, brazenly and arrogantly rushed that ship of his to Earth to threaten the UFP and [unlucky for him] this would be the one time that the UFP would actually have ships in orbit ready to defend the planet. He would then go out in a blaze of glory or stupidity, depending on how you want to look at it.
#1. DS9 #2. TNG #3. VOY #4.ENT #5.TOS
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing, all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
TheGoodStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 11:59 PM   #21
Mr. Comic Book
Ensign

TheGoodStuff wrote: View Post
While it is intriguing to think that he may have come up with some grandiose, interstellar plan....

....I cant help but feel that he would have rashly, brazenly and arrogantly rushed that ship of his to Earth to threaten the UFP and [unlucky for him] this would be the one time that the UFP would actually have ships in orbit ready to defend the planet. He would then go out in a blaze of glory or stupidity, depending on how you want to look at it.
Setting off the torpedo in close proximity to Earth would have been catastrophic. That was a mammoth blast going on in the nebula. If Earth had been on the receiving end of that, Khan would have wiped it out, and humanity would have been an endangered species. Not to mention the UFP would have been seriously compromised. Even in death, Khan could have destroyed everything Kirk stood for and left what was left behind at the mercy of their enemies.

No matter how a Khan victory scenario could have played out, I can't see it ending well for the UFP in any case. Khan would have done them serious damage had Kirk not taken him down.
Mr. Comic Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2013, 11:39 PM   #22
R. Star
Rear Admiral

As many colonies as Earth has I wouldn't call them endangered even if you wiped out Earth. No longer dominant would be more appropriate.
Old October 4 2013, 01:02 AM   #23
xvicente
Commander

Khan left Earth in disgust of normal humans. Why would he come back? I imagine he would try and conquer other worlds. Reliant would be his flagship/pirateship. (Until he ditched it when it was less useful, like he had no problem doing with the Botany Bay.)

MARLA: You're no mystery to me. I know exactly who you are.
KHAN: Do you?
MARLA: Leif Ericson, Richard the Lion Heart, Napoleon. I don't know if you're going to like living in our time.
KHAN: Then I'll have to remold it to my liking.

Old October 4 2013, 02:05 AM   #24
SeerSGB
Admiral

Mr. Comic Book wrote: View Post
TheGoodStuff wrote: View Post

Setting off the torpedo in close proximity to Earth would have been catastrophic. That was a mammoth blast going on in the nebula. If Earth had been on the receiving end of that, Khan would have wiped it out, and humanity would have been an endangered species. Not to mention the UFP would have been seriously compromised. Even in death, Khan could have destroyed everything Kirk stood for and left what was left behind at the mercy of their enemies.

No matter how a Khan victory scenario could have played out, I can't see it ending well for the UFP in any case. Khan would have done them serious damage had Kirk not taken him down.
We don't know if firing on it before its armed would cause a Genesis Reaction. For all we know, you could blow reliant ot of the stars and go get a cup of coffee. Neither Carol or David seemed concerned during the battle about Enterprise firing on Reliant.
Old October 4 2013, 02:53 AM   #25
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Khan left Earth in disgust of normal humans. Why would he come back? I imagine he would try and conquer other worlds. Reliant would be his flagship/pirateship. (Until he ditched it when it was less useful, like he had no problem doing with the Botany Bay.)
Khan was run off of Earth because they (the supermen) lost. He had a score to settle with Earth and likely would've went out in a blaze of stupidity.
Old October 4 2013, 04:25 PM   #26
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

BillJ wrote: View Post
Khan was run off of Earth because they (the supermen) lost. He had a score to settle with Earth and likely would've went out in a blaze of stupidity.
Wait, what?
You mean Khan is the kind of guy to hold a grudge?
Noooooooo way!

Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2013, 10:57 PM   #27
xvicente
Commander

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Wait, what?
Noooooooo way!

lol, true. But at that point everyone who has ever opposed Khan in the 1990s is long dead, what would he want with the planet itself?

Plus, Kirk really pissed him off. He never bothered to check their progress.

Old October 5 2013, 02:33 AM   #28
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Wait, what?
Noooooooo way!

lol, true. But at that point everyone who has ever opposed Khan in the 1990s is long dead, what would he want with the planet itself?

Plus, Kirk really pissed him off. He never bothered to check their progress.
Why would Khan care if his old enemies are dead? He still wants to rule and Earth is his home and the center of the Federation.
Old October 5 2013, 04:50 AM   #29
David.Blue
Lieutenant Commander

Khan wasn't stupid, and he had a starship crewed by a handful of supermen, coupled with potentially the most powerful weapon/technology in known space. The truth--that it was ONLY a weapon because of the protomatter--would only help him.

I think he could have carved out an empire for himself somewhere, and with Earth wiped out because it lacked humpback whales, then of course the Klingon Empire screwed over after Praxis, he'd be in a nice position to create and hold such an empire. Details? Don't know enough of 'em.
Old October 5 2013, 05:02 AM   #30
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

It's fiction,make them up. He'd have to deal with the Romulans most likely. Though they might be busy looting the Klingons. Though the idea that any galactic society would collapse because one planet (even the capitol) is damaged/destroyed is odd.