RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,677
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 500
Newest member: ragster

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old September 25 2013, 02:01 AM   #3766
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Disneyworld has Build-a-Droid Star Wars figure displays where you can build your very own customized astromech droids from hundred of parts of different shapes and colors. That's reason enough to go if you're a geek of my persuasion.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 02:39 AM   #3767
RyanKCR
Vice Admiral

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Disneyworld has Build-a-Droid Star Wars figure displays where you can build your very own customized astromech droids from hundred of parts of different shapes and colors. That's reason enough to go if you're a geek of my persuasion.
You can build your own lightsaber at both Star Tours and Downtown Disney.
RyanKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 02:40 AM   #3768
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

That's some serious Win.

Old September 25 2013, 02:41 AM   #3769
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

So, my roomy gave me a rack, and I thought it might help take the burden off my closet, which projectile vomits if I don't open it carefully. I took all my favorite clothes for late summer/autumn out and hung them on the rack. I really like the way it looks, it makes me feel like I'm shopping in the awesomest thrift shop ever where everything is my size and taste without leaving my room! But my closet is still bursting at the seems. I think I may have a problem.

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 02:48 AM   #3770
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

You must look so cute and awesome in that brown leather(?) one with the fringe/trim.

Old September 25 2013, 03:03 AM   #3771
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

You must look so cute and awesome in that brown leather(?) one with the fringe/trim.
Brown suede, vintage -- One of my favorites. I'm guessing late 60s but I can't be sure. Unfortunately, the label was gold lettering on a suede interior patch, and is so faded its unreadable. I bought it for $20 in a thrift shop in Seattle when I was 15 in excellent condition. The back is fully fringed as well and not one of the strands is missing.

Ah, I just thought of trying to determine when it was made by using size inflation! It's a size 10. I wear a 4-6. This means if the size deflation guides are correct it was made sometime in the mid 60s to mid 70s.

I asked my mom to send it to me last year because I hadn't worn it since high school and was starting to miss it. When I got it I reached my hand in the pocket and found movie stubs to Billy Elliott and a note on official Seattle Public School stationary to go and see the principal!

View my art!
Old September 25 2013, 03:07 AM   #3772
RyanKCR
Vice Admiral

I got this at the Hollywood Studios:
Old September 25 2013, 04:16 AM   #3773
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Brown suede, vintage -- One of my favorites. I'm guessing late 60s but I can't be sure. Unfortunately, the label was gold lettering on a suede interior patch, and is so faded its unreadable. I bought it for $20 in a thrift shop in Seattle when I was 15 in excellent condition. The back is fully fringed as well and not one of the strands is missing.

Ah, I just thought of trying to determine when it was made by using size inflation! It's a size 10. I wear a 4-6. This means if the size deflation guides are correct it was made sometime in the mid 60s to mid 70s.

I asked my mom to send it to me last year because I hadn't worn it since high school and was starting to miss it. When I got it I reached my hand in the pocket and found movie stubs to Billy Elliott and a note on official Seattle Public School stationary to go and see the principal!
Am I the only person who sees all of TSQ pictures upside down?

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 04:18 AM   #3774
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

tsq: I'd love to see a pic of you wearing it! It reminds me of one of those suede or leather jackets you'd often see people like Dennis Hopper wear in movies of that era. I'm a bit of a fan of that look and style.

Ryan: Very cool. I've seen Prowse's autograph on a few photos here and there but I don't have any of them.

Old September 25 2013, 04:19 AM   #3775
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

If tsq puts on that jacket, and also adds a cowboy hat, then the circle is complete.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 08:23 AM   #3776
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

^I think she mentioned some time that she has some cowboy boots as well.

Good things both Well, technically the latter isn't...but you're not doing things right in school unless you get into trouble.
Old September 25 2013, 11:00 AM   #3777
Finn
Vice Admiral

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post

Am I the only person who sees all of TSQ pictures upside down?
Looks like just two of us
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 02:25 PM   #3778
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Hmmm... Weirdly, they are not upside down on my computer but they do show up upside down on my iPhone. WTF photobucket?

View my art!
Old September 25 2013, 02:50 PM   #3779
RyanKCR
Vice Admiral

Hmmm... Weirdly, they are not upside down on my computer but they do show up upside down on my iPhone. WTF photobucket?
I'm getting the same. Fine on the computer but upside down on my iPhone.
Old September 25 2013, 03:31 PM   #3780
BennieGamali
Lieutenant Commander

This is what i call an awesome summer. My cousins, uncle and grand uncle come to Norway and we gather in my mothers house for a two week lan party! Well.. We "kids" do the laning.. When we get too tired to play, it's right on to "bad movies" and falling asleep in the sofas before bed. There were 8 computers in there at one point, (9 if you count the fact that I had to use my laptop for one game that wouldn't run on the PC).
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." - Roy Batty
BennieGamali is offline   Reply With Quote