RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,579
Posts: 5,403,175
Members: 24,865
Currently online: 451
Newest member: shyrim

TrekToday headlines

October-November 2014 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Cho Selfie TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

TPTB To Shatner: Shhh!
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 25 2013, 02:01 AM   #3766
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
Ghouleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Disneyworld has Build-a-Droid Star Wars figure displays where you can build your very own customized astromech droids from hundred of parts of different shapes and colors. That's reason enough to go if you're a geek of my persuasion.
__________________
"On Halloween night the Great Temporal Pumpkin rises out of the Chroniton patch and flies through space to bring new timelines to all the good little children of the galaxy." -cooleddie74
Ghouleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 02:39 AM   #3767
RyanKCR
Vice Admiral
 
RyanKCR's Avatar
 
Location: RyanKCR is living here in Allentown
Re: PICTURE POST II!

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Disneyworld has Build-a-Droid Star Wars figure displays where you can build your very own customized astromech droids from hundred of parts of different shapes and colors. That's reason enough to go if you're a geek of my persuasion.
You can build your own lightsaber at both Star Tours and Downtown Disney.
__________________
"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to.....I guess."
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
"Not all treasure is sliver and gold, mate."
RyanKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 02:40 AM   #3768
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
Ghouleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

That's some serious Win.
__________________
"On Halloween night the Great Temporal Pumpkin rises out of the Chroniton patch and flies through space to bring new timelines to all the good little children of the galaxy." -cooleddie74
Ghouleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 02:41 AM   #3769
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral
 
thestrangequark's Avatar
 
Location: thestrangequark
Re: PICTURE POST II!

So, my roomy gave me a rack, and I thought it might help take the burden off my closet, which projectile vomits if I don't open it carefully. I took all my favorite clothes for late summer/autumn out and hung them on the rack. I really like the way it looks, it makes me feel like I'm shopping in the awesomest thrift shop ever where everything is my size and taste without leaving my room! But my closet is still bursting at the seems. I think I may have a problem.

__________________
The Enterprise is my TARDIS.

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 02:48 AM   #3770
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
Ghouleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

You must look so cute and awesome in that brown leather(?) one with the fringe/trim.
__________________
"On Halloween night the Great Temporal Pumpkin rises out of the Chroniton patch and flies through space to bring new timelines to all the good little children of the galaxy." -cooleddie74
Ghouleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 03:03 AM   #3771
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral
 
thestrangequark's Avatar
 
Location: thestrangequark
Re: PICTURE POST II!

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
You must look so cute and awesome in that brown leather(?) one with the fringe/trim.
Brown suede, vintage -- One of my favorites. I'm guessing late 60s but I can't be sure. Unfortunately, the label was gold lettering on a suede interior patch, and is so faded its unreadable. I bought it for $20 in a thrift shop in Seattle when I was 15 in excellent condition. The back is fully fringed as well and not one of the strands is missing.

Ah, I just thought of trying to determine when it was made by using size inflation! It's a size 10. I wear a 4-6. This means if the size deflation guides are correct it was made sometime in the mid 60s to mid 70s.



I asked my mom to send it to me last year because I hadn't worn it since high school and was starting to miss it. When I got it I reached my hand in the pocket and found movie stubs to Billy Elliott and a note on official Seattle Public School stationary to go and see the principal!
__________________
The Enterprise is my TARDIS.

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 03:07 AM   #3772
RyanKCR
Vice Admiral
 
RyanKCR's Avatar
 
Location: RyanKCR is living here in Allentown
Re: PICTURE POST II!

I got this at the Hollywood Studios:
__________________
"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to.....I guess."
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
"Not all treasure is sliver and gold, mate."
RyanKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 04:16 AM   #3773
Tom Hendricks
Commodore
 
Tom Hendricks's Avatar
 
Location: Syracuse NY
View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
You must look so cute and awesome in that brown leather(?) one with the fringe/trim.
Brown suede, vintage -- One of my favorites. I'm guessing late 60s but I can't be sure. Unfortunately, the label was gold lettering on a suede interior patch, and is so faded its unreadable. I bought it for $20 in a thrift shop in Seattle when I was 15 in excellent condition. The back is fully fringed as well and not one of the strands is missing.

Ah, I just thought of trying to determine when it was made by using size inflation! It's a size 10. I wear a 4-6. This means if the size deflation guides are correct it was made sometime in the mid 60s to mid 70s.



I asked my mom to send it to me last year because I hadn't worn it since high school and was starting to miss it. When I got it I reached my hand in the pocket and found movie stubs to Billy Elliott and a note on official Seattle Public School stationary to go and see the principal!
Am I the only person who sees all of TSQ pictures upside down?
__________________
The Sleeper has Awaken!

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 04:18 AM   #3774
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
Ghouleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

tsq: I'd love to see a pic of you wearing it! It reminds me of one of those suede or leather jackets you'd often see people like Dennis Hopper wear in movies of that era. I'm a bit of a fan of that look and style.

Ryan: Very cool. I've seen Prowse's autograph on a few photos here and there but I don't have any of them.
__________________
"On Halloween night the Great Temporal Pumpkin rises out of the Chroniton patch and flies through space to bring new timelines to all the good little children of the galaxy." -cooleddie74
Ghouleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 04:19 AM   #3775
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral
 
George Steinbrenner's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

If tsq puts on that jacket, and also adds a cowboy hat, then the circle is complete.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 08:23 AM   #3776
Emher
Admiral
 
Emher's Avatar
 
Location: Emher
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: PICTURE POST II!

^I think she mentioned some time that she has some cowboy boots as well.

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
You must look so cute and awesome in that brown leather(?) one with the fringe/trim.
Brown suede, vintage -- One of my favorites. I'm guessing late 60s but I can't be sure. Unfortunately, the label was gold lettering on a suede interior patch, and is so faded its unreadable. I bought it for $20 in a thrift shop in Seattle when I was 15 in excellent condition. The back is fully fringed as well and not one of the strands is missing.

Ah, I just thought of trying to determine when it was made by using size inflation! It's a size 10. I wear a 4-6. This means if the size deflation guides are correct it was made sometime in the mid 60s to mid 70s.



I asked my mom to send it to me last year because I hadn't worn it since high school and was starting to miss it. When I got it I reached my hand in the pocket and found movie stubs to Billy Elliott and a note on official Seattle Public School stationary to go and see the principal!
Good things both Well, technically the latter isn't...but you're not doing things right in school unless you get into trouble.
__________________
"I am who I am. Someone has to be."-Brendan Gleeson as Reynald in Kingdom of Heaven. - Emher
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 11:00 AM   #3777
Yuckleberry Finn
Vice Admiral
 
Yuckleberry Finn's Avatar
 
Location: Finn
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
thestrangequark wrote: View Post
cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
You must look so cute and awesome in that brown leather(?) one with the fringe/trim.
Brown suede, vintage -- One of my favorites. I'm guessing late 60s but I can't be sure. Unfortunately, the label was gold lettering on a suede interior patch, and is so faded its unreadable. I bought it for $20 in a thrift shop in Seattle when I was 15 in excellent condition. The back is fully fringed as well and not one of the strands is missing.

Ah, I just thought of trying to determine when it was made by using size inflation! It's a size 10. I wear a 4-6. This means if the size deflation guides are correct it was made sometime in the mid 60s to mid 70s.

I asked my mom to send it to me last year because I hadn't worn it since high school and was starting to miss it. When I got it I reached my hand in the pocket and found movie stubs to Billy Elliott and a note on official Seattle Public School stationary to go and see the principal!
Am I the only person who sees all of TSQ pictures upside down?
Looks like just two of us
Yuckleberry Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 02:25 PM   #3778
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral
 
thestrangequark's Avatar
 
Location: thestrangequark
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Hmmm... Weirdly, they are not upside down on my computer but they do show up upside down on my iPhone. WTF photobucket?
__________________
The Enterprise is my TARDIS.

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 02:50 PM   #3779
RyanKCR
Vice Admiral
 
RyanKCR's Avatar
 
Location: RyanKCR is living here in Allentown
Re: PICTURE POST II!

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Hmmm... Weirdly, they are not upside down on my computer but they do show up upside down on my iPhone. WTF photobucket?
I'm getting the same. Fine on the computer but upside down on my iPhone.
__________________
"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to.....I guess."
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
"Not all treasure is sliver and gold, mate."
RyanKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2013, 03:31 PM   #3780
BennieGamali
Lieutenant Commander
 
BennieGamali's Avatar
 
Location: Norway.
Re: PICTURE POST II!

This is what i call an awesome summer. My cousins, uncle and grand uncle come to Norway and we gather in my mothers house for a two week lan party! Well.. We "kids" do the laning.. When we get too tired to play, it's right on to "bad movies" and falling asleep in the sofas before bed. There were 8 computers in there at one point, (9 if you count the fact that I had to use my laptop for one game that wouldn't run on the PC).
__________________
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." - Roy Batty
BennieGamali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.