RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,721
Posts: 5,214,793
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 706
Newest member: dmhp32


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

View Poll Results: borg for Trek 3
yes. 22 19.64%
no. 82 73.21%
save them for ST 4 (if there is one) 8 7.14%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 24 2013, 03:52 PM   #61
Shazam!
Rear Admiral
 
Shazam!'s Avatar
 
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Robert_T_April wrote: View Post
Everything is set up for the Klingons to be the main villains in Trek 3.
The Borg in this timeline would be nothing short of totally ridiculous! NOTHING can justify the Borg in Trek 3.
They just need to send in Khan to deal with the Klingons; he made mince-meat out of them single-handedly.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 05:21 PM   #62
Yanks
Captain
 
Yanks's Avatar
 
Location: NX01 Bridge
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Oh for GODS sake no!

They'd end up with frellin tattoes, piercings and helmets.
__________________
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
Yanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 05:49 PM   #63
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral
 
ChristopherPike's Avatar
 
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Again with the Klingons. They were overexposed in the original universe.

Do something with the Romulans instead and tie it to the mess Vulcans have been left in.

No more freakishly large super-villain ships.

Something that completely casts doubt over that having been Khan in the last film... but that's not going to happen.
__________________
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE Tribute
ChristopherPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 06:04 PM   #64
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

A Vulcan conspiracy to retaliate against the Romulans... With red matter or something.
Use Klingons as co-conspirators.

I know something like this was done in the comics, but who cares.
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell
Mach5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 06:19 PM   #65
Use of Time
Commodore
 
Use of Time's Avatar
 
Location: Va. Beach, VA
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

We are set up for Klingons buuuuuuut...why not have the Federation and Klingons have a few spats over territory where each thinks the other is decimating colony worlds only to find out that it is the Borg. An alliance is formed and we have a nice blockbuster type battle at the end where we get to fight beside the Klingons and witness the blossoming alliance that always seems to be underlying between the two Alpha Quadrant powers.
__________________
Searching for something, a million miles and a ways to go.
Use of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 06:28 PM   #66
Yanks
Captain
 
Yanks's Avatar
 
Location: NX01 Bridge
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Use of Time wrote: View Post
We are set up for Klingons buuuuuuut...why not have the Federation and Klingons have a few spats over territory where each thinks the other is decimating colony worlds only to find out that it is the Borg. An alliance is formed and we have a nice blockbuster type battle at the end where we get to fight beside the Klingons and witness the blossoming alliance that always seems to be underlying between the two Alpha Quadrant powers.
Yeah, just hae Kirk run into some Romulans testing a cloaking device too...
__________________
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
Yanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 07:33 PM   #67
Locutus of Bored
No Solicitors!
 
Locutus of Bored's Avatar
 
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Yanks wrote: View Post
Oh for GODS sake no!

They'd end up with frellin tattoes, piercings and helmets.
I know, right? Can you imagine the Borg injecting something under the skin to alter someone's appearance, or assimilating someone with a tattoo, or wearing headgear, or being into piercing body parts at all? As if!



__________________
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 07:34 PM   #68
Use of Time
Commodore
 
Use of Time's Avatar
 
Location: Va. Beach, VA
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Yanks wrote: View Post
Use of Time wrote: View Post
We are set up for Klingons buuuuuuut...why not have the Federation and Klingons have a few spats over territory where each thinks the other is decimating colony worlds only to find out that it is the Borg. An alliance is formed and we have a nice blockbuster type battle at the end where we get to fight beside the Klingons and witness the blossoming alliance that always seems to be underlying between the two Alpha Quadrant powers.
Yeah, just hae Kirk run into some Romulans testing a cloaking device too...
Sure...whatever.
__________________
Searching for something, a million miles and a ways to go.
Use of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 07:40 PM   #69
Yanks
Captain
 
Yanks's Avatar
 
Location: NX01 Bridge
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Yanks wrote: View Post
Oh for GODS sake no!

They'd end up with frellin tattoes, piercings and helmets.
I know, right? Can you imagine the Borg injecting something under the skin to alter someone's appearance, or assimilating someone with a tattoo, or wearing headgear, or being into piercing body parts at all? As if!





I think you missed the jist of my post.
__________________
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
Yanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 07:43 PM   #70
Khan444
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

No, your post just didn't make any sense.
Khan444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 07:46 PM   #71
Khan444
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Khan444 wrote: View Post
Especially since they WEREN'T in TNG.
Not sure if serious.
Sorry, that was a typo. I meant to say that they weren't EXCLUSIVE to TNG. They popped up briefly in DS9, they were in Voyager, and I believe that they were also in Enterprise (I didn't watch much of that).
Khan444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 08:03 PM   #72
Locutus of Bored
No Solicitors!
 
Locutus of Bored's Avatar
 
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Yanks wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Yanks wrote: View Post
Oh for GODS sake no!

They'd end up with frellin tattoes, piercings and helmets.
I know, right? Can you imagine the Borg injecting something under the skin to alter someone's appearance, or assimilating someone with a tattoo, or wearing headgear, or being into piercing body parts at all? As if!





I think you missed the jist of my post.
It's a joke, dude.

And I understood your post just fine. You're complaining about how the Klingons were adorned with piercings and helmets and how the Romulans had facial tattoos, and then extending that to any possible future Abramsverse appearances of the Borg. Your post wasn't exactly the Enigma Code. Hell, it wasn't even the da Vinci Code.

I just found it somewhat amusing that the things you would object to have sort of already been covered by the Borg in the past, with a little creative license.
__________________
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 08:08 PM   #73
Khan444
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Also, the Romulans in Star Trek XI were much different from Romulans that we've seen before. They were miners, not soldiers or politicians, and the tattoos were explained in the Countdown comic book. Who cares if the Klingons has piercings, they're a warrior culture. Plenty of warrior cultures have piercings, its not that hard to believe.
Khan444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 08:43 PM   #74
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Khan444 wrote: View Post
Also, the Romulans in Star Trek XI were much different from Romulans that we've seen before. They were miners, not soldiers or politicians, and the tattoos were explained in the Countdown comic book. Who cares if the Klingons has piercings, they're a warrior culture. Plenty of warrior cultures have piercings, its not that hard to believe.
To be perfectly honest, I'm actually surprised that JJ Klingons are the first ones we've ever seen with piercings. It's a natural adornment for, as you say, a Warrior Culture.
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 09:47 PM   #75
SeerSGB
Admiral
 
SeerSGB's Avatar
 
Location: Tennessee
Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Khan444 wrote: View Post
Also, the Romulans in Star Trek XI were much different from Romulans that we've seen before. They were miners, not soldiers or politicians, and the tattoos were explained in the Countdown comic book. Who cares if the Klingons has piercings, they're a warrior culture. Plenty of warrior cultures have piercings, its not that hard to believe.
To be perfectly honest, I'm actually surprised that JJ Klingons are the first ones we've ever seen with piercings. It's a natural adornment for, as you say, a Warrior Culture.
I was thinking that too when I rewatched the movie. About time the Klingons actually looked like warriors. The new Klingons look like primitive warriors; asskicking mofos that just happen to have access to starships. Not the sort I'd want to run into on the battlefield.
__________________
- SeerSGB -
Good men don't need rules, The Doctor (A Good Man Goes To War)
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.