Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old September 20 2013, 04:07 PM   #1
dispatcher812
Lieutenant Commander

Has anyone dealt with cosplaysky.com?

Has anyone here ever purchased or simple asked a question on cosplaysky.com? I am thinking of purchasing a uniform and had a few questions. I sent a message via their site at the beginning of the week and then again today with no response. They are updating the site since I see Into Darkness uniforms. Thank for the help.
dispatcher812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2013, 01:05 AM   #2
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Re: Has anyone dealt with cosplaysky.com?

I personally have never purchased from them.

Did a quick look around the net for review and it a 50/50 mixed bag of raves and rants for this company going back for years, the biggest complaint is the poor quality of the materials used.

Buyer beware.

Good luck.

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2013, 01:16 PM   #3
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain

View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile

A friend recommended them.
Sorry that the best I can do. He dresses in different uniforms all the time.
I've never seen him in person though. LOL
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2013, 08:21 PM   #4
Madzilla
Lieutenant

View Madzilla's Twitter Profile

I recently bought a costume from them - an Admiral's costume from Nemesis-era. It wasn't perfect - I provided my measurements (which I reduced slightly as I'd heard they run too big) and specified it was a woman's costume and it was still far too big/baggy. The rank stripes on the sleeves were also far too wide and up by the elbows for some reason.

However, I had expected it not to fit properly so got it taken in by a local seamstress, who also managed to fix the rank stripes. The fabric is quite lightweight, good for conventions etc which can get quite warm, and the craftsmanship is good - well stitched, good zippers, etc. The gold piping looks great, and the red undershirt is a perfect fit.

I haven't seen or bought any of their other costumes so I can't speak as to the quality of any which use different fabric to this one. So, I'm really happy with it in the end, but if you wanted something that fits perfectly 'off the hanger' so to speak, you might be disappointed.

Oh, and here's a pic of how it looked post-alterations once I added all the accessories - it only came with a combadge, but it wasn't a very high quality one. (Fortunately, I already had one. )

Madzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2013, 06:07 PM   #5
dispatcher812
Lieutenant Commander

Madzilla wrote: View Post
I recently bought a costume from them - an Admiral's costume from Nemesis-era. It wasn't perfect - I provided my measurements (which I reduced slightly as I'd heard they run too big) and specified it was a woman's costume and it was still far too big/baggy. The rank stripes on the sleeves were also far too wide and up by the elbows for some reason.

However, I had expected it not to fit properly so got it taken in by a local seamstress, who also managed to fix the rank stripes. The fabric is quite lightweight, good for conventions etc which can get quite warm, and the craftsmanship is good - well stitched, good zippers, etc. The gold piping looks great, and the red undershirt is a perfect fit.

I haven't seen or bought any of their other costumes so I can't speak as to the quality of any which use different fabric to this one. So, I'm really happy with it in the end, but if you wanted something that fits perfectly 'off the hanger' so to speak, you might be disappointed.

Oh, and here's a pic of how it looked post-alterations once I added all the accessories - it only came with a combadge, but it wasn't a very high quality one. (Fortunately, I already had one. )

Wow that does look good. Thanks. The grey that comes down off the shoulders to the sides of the arms still looks a little long but all in all it looks good. I have though of just buying th pattern and having it made but I am concerned about not being able to find the right grey cloth.
dispatcher812 is offline   Reply With Quote