RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,154
Posts: 5,402,213
Members: 24,749
Currently online: 529
Newest member: Legends

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Time’s Orphan
By: Michelle on Aug 30

September-October Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Lee Passes
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 21 2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Khan 2.0
Commander
 
Khan 2.0's Avatar
 
Location: earth...but when?...spock?
how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

wonder how Trek 3 will end if it is to be the last one?

my take:

The heavily damaged Enterprise (refitted to look more like movies I-VI) is in its final battle with long haired bare chested Khan (Benedict Cumberbatch) and his army of renegade Klingon followers led by Commander Kruge (Benico Del Toro). Alone, with what was left of the crew evacuated and his bridge crew dead, Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) in a final act of desperation puts the ship on auto destruct and sets the ‘Genesis II’ carrying enterprise at the centre of a nearby nebula - on the burning bridge he fires all weapons at the armada of ships closing in as onscreen he watches the shuttle pod carrying Carol (Alice Eve) and infant son David escape to safety.... As the enterprise finally destroys Kruge's bird of prey, Kirk sets a collision course with Khans stolen Federation ship USS Reliant which has followed the enterprise into the nebula, and diverts all remaining power to forward phasers....Khans chilling voice is heard on speakers goading Kirk as he sits in the command chair for the final time and launches into a big 'KHHAAAAAN!!' yell….. And then, just before everything is about to go kaboom, the burned, bloodied, shirt ripped Kirk closes his eyes and reaches into his pocket…we see a strange look on his face. He pulls out a marshmallow, and starts to hear a overpowering loud noise “BRRRRAAAWWWWW!!!” then what sounds like Bones shouting 'Get that damn light outta ma face!'....

cut to: Kirk (CG 1989 William Shatner) awaking hungover in his sleeping bag by the deafening noise of a shuttlecraft landing. Empty bottles of bourbon and Romulan Ale surround him along with a copy of Quantum Mechanics Monthly and a bag of half eaten marsh 'melons' near the campfire.

A silver haired Uhura (CG 1989 N Nichols) appears out of the trees and we see Kirk, Spock and Bones (CG 1989 Nimoy and Kelley) enter the shuttlecraft. As they leave we see a marshmallow roasting on the fire, but the movie ends before we actually see it burn completely leaving it ambiguous whether he was still dreaming or not.
Khan 2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Hythlodeus
Commander
 
Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

why?
Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 04:29 PM   #3
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: House of Kang, now with ridges
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

Trek 3 will end with all the pieces in place and ready for Trek 4.
__________________
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 04:32 PM   #4
Jax
Admiral
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Location: England - "The Home of Football"
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

Khan 2.0 wrote: View Post
wonder how Trek 3 will end if it is to be the last one?

my take:

The heavily damaged Enterprise (refitted to look more like movies I-VI) is in its final battle with long haired bare chested Khan (Benedict Cumberbatch) and his army of renegade Klingon followers led by Commander Kruge (Benico Del Toro). Alone, with what was left of the crew evacuated and his bridge crew dead, Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) in a final act of desperation puts the ship on auto destruct and sets the ‘Genesis II’ carrying enterprise at the centre of a nearby nebula - on the burning bridge he fires all weapons at the armada of ships closing in as onscreen he watches the shuttle pod carrying Carol (Alice Eve) and infant son David escape to safety.... As the enterprise finally destroys Kruge's bird of prey, Kirk sets a collision course with Khans stolen Federation ship USS Reliant which has followed the enterprise into the nebula, and diverts all remaining power to forward phasers....Khans chilling voice is heard on speakers goading Kirk as he sits in the command chair for the final time and launches into a big 'KHHAAAAAN!!' yell….. And then, just before everything is about to go kaboom, the burned, bloodied, shirt ripped Kirk closes his eyes and reaches into his pocket…we see a strange look on his face. He pulls out a marshmallow, and starts to hear a overpowering loud noise “BRRRRAAAWWWWW!!!” then what sounds like Bones shouting 'Get that damn light outta ma face!'....

cut to: Kirk (CG 1989 William Shatner) awaking hungover in his sleeping bag by the deafening noise of a shuttlecraft landing. Empty bottles of bourbon and Romulan Ale surround him along with a copy of Quantum Mechanics Monthly and a bag of half eaten marsh 'melons' near the campfire.

A silver haired Uhura (CG 1989 N Nichols) appears out of the trees and we see Kirk, Spock and Bones (CG 1989 Nimoy and Kelley) enter the shuttlecraft. As they leave we see a marshmallow roasting on the fire, but the movie ends before we actually see it burn completely leaving it ambiguous whether he was still dreaming or not.
hmmm no.

I would like to see at least 2 more movies in 2016 and 2019 so thats a nice 10 year run. Then bring on a TNG reboot with the Borg but they have to be scary again.
__________________
World Cup Thread 2014
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Cinema Geekly
Lieutenant Commander
 
Cinema Geekly's Avatar
 
View Cinema Geekly's Twitter Profile
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

Hythlodeus wrote: View Post
why?
Well to be fair it would only work if it was Shatners cut of STV, cause if they had just let him make the picture with rock monsters it probably would have made a bajallion dollars.
Cinema Geekly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 05:09 PM   #6
The Keeper
Commodore
 
The Keeper's Avatar
 
Location: Where reality ends and illusion begins
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

PrimeSpock somehow re-creates a red-matter Blackhole and, along with US, disappears through it back to the Primeline. His final message to the people of this backwards universe; So long, and thanks for all the fish! Roll credits.
The Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 05:49 PM   #7
thumbtack
Commodore
 
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Trek 3 will end with all the pieces in place and ready for Trek 4.
Or Abrams' epic Mission Impossible/Star Trek crossover movie.
__________________
"What went wrong!? All my sockpuppets loved this movie!" - Kevin Smith
thumbtack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 05:53 PM   #8
WarpFactorZ
Captain
 
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

thumbtack wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Trek 3 will end with all the pieces in place and ready for Trek 4.
Or Abrams' epic Mission Impossible/Star Trek crossover movie.
Yes, get Tom Cruise to be the antagonist. He never actually faces Kirk for a showdown, because he inexplicably runs in every scene he is in....
WarpFactorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 05:54 PM   #9
SeerSGB
Admiral
 
SeerSGB's Avatar
 
Location: Out There...That Away
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

If we're going to end Abrams take on III:

* Kirk promoted to Commodore; Kirk and Carol married, Carol pregnant.

* Spock takes command of Enterprise, Sulu as his XO.

* Spock and Uhura (maybe) married--can't figure out how to work that one and keep both on the Enterprise.

* If we have to have Prime Spock back, give him a dignified death.
__________________
- SeerSGB -
"I've made many mistakes, and it's about time that I did something about that." The Doctor (Deep Breath)
| Zombie Bots From Mars! |
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 06:16 PM   #10
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Where my heart is.
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

With a credit roll.
__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 06:17 PM   #11
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Police State
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

I'll tell you how it should end.

Evil Cackling Bad Guy ( whoever it is ) turns up at Earth.

Only Ship In Range trope appears to be in effect, as usual.

Evil Cackling Bad Guy: "Haha! Earth is totally undefended, as usual!"

A sudden Trope Subversion Event occurs.

About 120 Federation ships suddenly warp in, GUNS BLAZING.
__________________
"Your advertising's just dandy. Folks'd never guess you ain't got a thing to sell."
Set Harth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 09:19 PM   #12
publiusr
Commodore
 
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

That I'd like to see.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 09:26 PM   #13
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral
 
C.E. Evans's Avatar
 
Location: Saint Louis (aka Defiance)
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

I think it should end with the Enterprise crew all together on the bridge:

KIRK: Mr. Sulu, ahead warp factor one.
SULU: Warp one, sir.
CHEKOV: Heading, Keptin?
KIRK (waving absently towards the viewscreen and the starfield beyond): Out there...thataway.

(Enterprise jumps to warp speed).
__________________
"Everybody wants to rule the world..."
C.E. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 09:39 PM   #14
SeerSGB
Admiral
 
SeerSGB's Avatar
 
Location: Out There...That Away
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

Set Harth wrote: View Post
I'll tell you how it should end.

Evil Cackling Bad Guy ( whoever it is ) turns up at Earth.

Only Ship In Range trope appears to be in effect, as usual.

Evil Cackling Bad Guy: "Haha! Earth is totally undefended, as usual!"

A sudden Trope Subversion Event occurs.

About 120 Federation ships suddenly warp in, GUNS BLAZING.
Variation on the theme:

* Kirk is captured, restrained on the bridge of the enemy ship.
* Enterprise in pursuit
* Kirk warning the villain that when he gets to Earth he's toast
* Villian scoffs.
* Both ships drop out of warp right into a waiting Federation fleet with the guns ran out.
* Kirk told you so moment.
__________________
- SeerSGB -
"I've made many mistakes, and it's about time that I did something about that." The Doctor (Deep Breath)
| Zombie Bots From Mars! |
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 10:40 PM   #15
Khan 2.0
Commander
 
Khan 2.0's Avatar
 
Location: earth...but when?...spock?
Re: how should JJ Trek end? (Trek 3 final scenes)

did you get the Inception style dream logic of the OP?

-khan & kruge, kirks 2 greatest enemies (who both wanted genesis) teaming up would have a nightmarish quality to it
-dying alone (discussed around the campfire in V)
-genesis and its imminent destruction in the nebula recall Khans demise (although inversed like the Kirk/Spock end in STID - this time its Kirk not Khan)
-setting the Ent on destruct recalling the nightmarish events of III
-dream/wish fulfilment of saving David
-Carol & Davids escape as he fends of attack recall his own escape with his mother and his fathers heroism (although hed be dreaming of what hed previously dreamt as the events of ST09 would only exist in Kirk Primes dream)
-Romulan ale & reading ‘QM Monthly’ before falling asleep = what sets off the whole dream of Nero and changed timeline
-reason why so much stuff in ST09/STID were call backs to events already gone by = because it was all a dream of Kirk Prime
-‘life is but a dream’ sung and being discussed just before falling asleep

Last edited by Khan 2.0; September 22 2013 at 10:48 AM.
Khan 2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.