Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old September 18 2013, 03:01 AM   #616
Use of Time
Commodore

Re: MLB Season Discussion - 2013

This September for Atlanta is starting to feel dangerously close to 2011. They will most likely stumble into the playoffs but I don't think anybody is remotely scared of them.
Old September 18 2013, 03:52 AM   #617
Pondwater
Commodore

I hope not. They need to get the bats out their butts. Simmons missed a routine ground ball that could of ended the day game with a win. That was reminiscent of when Brooks Conrad missed one in that game with the Giants back in 2010. Today wasn't a play off game. Today was miserable.
Old September 20 2013, 05:55 AM   #618
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Yeah, yeah, it's nice that the Dodgers clinched, but they could have done something other than rub it in the Diamondbacks' faces (in the Dbacks' own ballpark, no less) when they did it. Linky
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old September 20 2013, 10:49 PM   #619
Use of Time
Commodore

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Yeah, yeah, it's nice that the Dodgers clinched, but they could have done something other than rub it in the Diamondbacks' faces (in the Dbacks' own ballpark, no less) when they did it. Linky
I don't know, its not like they did it as soon as they got the last out in front of the fans or anything. The place was empty when they got into the pool.

On another note. I had no idea Jason Heyward was returning today for Atlanta. I didn't expect to see him until the playoffs. I'm glad he can get some at bats the next few weeks leading into the post season.
Old September 20 2013, 11:31 PM   #620
Pondwater
Commodore

I don't see anything wrong with it either. I'm no Dodger fan but its like dude above me said it isn't like they did it in front of D-Back fans.

And Go Fish tonight!
Old September 21 2013, 12:11 AM   #621
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

I think they look like dumbasses, but, then again, I think it's kind of stupid to have a pool at a ballpark. I don't think the Diamondbacks have room to care either way. If they didn't want them doing it, they should have prevented the Dodgers from clinching.
Old September 21 2013, 12:40 AM   #622
Pondwater
Commodore

^ Right on!

In other news: Andy Petitte announces his retirement... Again.
Old September 21 2013, 02:24 PM   #623
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

Use of Time wrote: View Post
I don't know, its not like they did it as soon as they got the last out in front of the fans or anything. The place was empty when they got into the pool.
Dodger fans love to bring up how the Dbacks mgmt supposedly told them not to celebrate on the field, but they always leave out the part about WHY that happened: to get the fans out (there were a lot of Dodger fans at that game and they didn't want fights breaking out).

And don't even try to tell me that Dodger fans wouldn't be pissed if something like this happened at Dodger Stadium.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old September 21 2013, 04:09 PM   #624
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Well, they wouldn't have had a stupid pool to celebrate in, so I'm not sure how the Dodgers could be pissed.

The simple fact remains. You don't want them doing that? Win the game.
Old September 21 2013, 11:03 PM   #625
Use of Time
Commodore

Use of Time wrote: View Post
Dodger fans love to bring up how the Dbacks mgmt supposedly told them not to celebrate on the field, but they always leave out the part about WHY that happened: to get the fans out (there were a lot of Dodger fans at that game and they didn't want fights breaking out).

And don't even try to tell me that Dodger fans wouldn't be pissed if something like this happened at Dodger Stadium.
Let me remind you of this before anyone starts to feel sorry for the D-Backs.

http://deadspin.com/dodgers-fans-at-...s-or-472797108

And just to reiterate, the stadium was mostly empty by the time they got in the pool so all the handwringing about fights is unjustified.
Old September 22 2013, 01:06 AM   #626
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

^ In that case, it was Dbacks management - not the players - that was at fault.
Old September 22 2013, 03:33 PM   #627
Use of Time
Commodore

^ In that case, it was Dbacks management - not the players - that was at fault.
Obviously, but no matter what happens they are going to celebrate one way or another. They pile up on the pitcher's mound, jump in a pool, etc. It's not like they recorded the last out and then dove in. They went to the lockers popped the champagne. Somebody had an idea to get in the pool. The only people that saw this were the grounds crew and stadium staff. If a few Diamondbacks players ventured out to watch this instead of changing and going home then oh well.
Old September 22 2013, 03:39 PM   #628
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Dogers celebration.... it was a pool! I think this has been blown out of proportion.

As to my Yankees, long injury riddled season. If you would have told me we'd still technically in it with a week to go at the beginning of the season I would have told you to go have another drink.

I hope we don't slide in because some other team falters. I think we'd just loose in the first round anyways.

So sad to see Mo go. What a class act.
Old September 22 2013, 05:35 PM   #629
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

Yanks wrote: View Post
As to my Yankees, long injury riddled season. If you would have told me we'd still technically in it with a week to go at the beginning of the season I would have told you to go have another drink.
Joe Girardi deserves to be manager of the year. To have all those injuries tossed in his lap, find a way to deal with them all, and still come out of it with a winning record? Even if the Yankees don't make the playoffs, he still should get the honor.
Old September 22 2013, 06:53 PM   #630
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Yanks wrote: View Post
Dogers celebration.... it was a pool! I think this has been blown out of proportion.
Agree. If you don't want them jumping in your pool, make your security get up and kick them out or stop them in the first place. The Dodgers were left for dead at the start of the year and have run away with the division since then. They deserve to be able to celebrate!