TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old September 1 2013, 11:06 PM   #4651
Jax
Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Sky says Ozil in advanced talks with Arsenal, can someone tell me why Man Utd are letting everyone buy top players while they sit on there asses Would be a great buy for Arsenal and see him probably link up with Wilshere and leave Carzola out on the left wing.

Also had a good day on Sky Bet today walked away with £45
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 08:57 AM   #4652
Starkers
Admiral

Given Arsenal's transfer dealings this summer (or lack thereof) I'll believe it when I see it!
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 04:17 PM   #4653
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

Location: Mach5 doesn't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
^^
Congratulations. Nice video too.

However, I have a question about Dinamo, how is it possible that they are so shit? Every year they sell young players for like 20 million € or something and they never do anything with that money or with that obvious potential they have in talented players (on the European level anyway) - are the club's officials just that corrupt or total morons?
Have you not heard of the one Zdravko Mamić? God, that's a long story, but once you get the feel of what's going down in that club, what this guy is all about and how he operates, things instantly become clear. To say that club officials are corrupt would be the understatement of the century.
Old September 2 2013, 11:24 PM   #4654
Jax
Admiral

Guedioura looks like he's gone and another 1 or 2 players out on loan but we keep all that usless junk up front while were light elsewhere typical Forest.

Guedioura never been same since we moved him into the holding role from his box to box role. Chris Cohen needs to go from the left back to the holding role to cover now. Hopefully we can get 1 or two loans in from premier league.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Old September 3 2013, 10:02 AM   #4655
Starkers
Admiral

Didn't Farwaz say you were looking at 4 players but the prices kept going up and up so you dropped out? Bet Billy loved that, better get some loan signings in or the Billyometre will trip one notch closer to dummy out of the pram time.

Not that we can laugh, woeful in central defence and no one bought in. Least we offloaded Tyson's wages, and at least we didn't sell anyone else, but it's a bugger when that's all the excitement you get from deadline day.
Old September 11 2013, 12:01 AM   #4656
Jax
Admiral

1 point still top but no guts or attacking threat

My Ratings...
Hart (6) - LUCKY not to give away a penalty though some decent punches and no spills but needs a full 100% error free game to gain ENG fans confidence back

Walker (5.5) - Caught out a few times and offered little going forward. Another player lucky not to give away a penalty.

Cahill (7) - Much better display from Gary and made some crucial tackles/interceptions

Jagielka (6.5) - Solid but Cahill had to cover for him once or twice when he was standing still watching and not reacting to loose balls around the goal area.

Cole (7) - A typical solid virtually error free game at the back but his age showing as going forward he offers little compared to Baines.

Walcott (6) - Could of scored early on but did his normal act of dissapering as the game goes on. How much longer must we suffer with this Striker playing on the wing, DOES NOT stretch or pressure teams enough over 90 minutes.

Gerrard (6) - Shielded the defence best he could but lucky not to let Ukraine score when he misjudged a cross.

Lampard (5.5) - Played deep to offer some protection for the back 4 but so many misplaced passes and wasted a great chance to score late on.

Wilshere (4) - Worst game so far for ENG with bad pass after bad pass. Playing as most advanced midfielder, which does not suit him needs to be the playmaker with someone else making the runs into the box with 1 holding player not 2 behind him.

Milner (6) - Typical hard working performance, protected the left side with Cole but nothing going forward. Decent crosser at times in his career but made no attempt at trying any in this game

Lambert (5.5) - some decent hold up play in the 1st half but was wasted over the game. Great in the air but no crosses played to him and left isolated up front.

SUBS...
Young (5) - First touch of a donkey should not be anywhere near the ENG squad at the moment.

Cleverley (N/A) - Came on too late
Old September 11 2013, 10:20 AM   #4657
Starkers
Admiral

Good result, Lineker and his ilk should stop making themselves look foolish. Given how bereft of attacking options Hodgson was I think 0-0 away from home has to be seen as a good result.
Old September 11 2013, 12:26 PM   #4658
Shaytan
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaytan

You shouldn't complain : watching the 1st half of the French team yesterday was like watching the Titanic sinking.
Ribery managed to save the boat during the 2nd half but frankly, I'd rather not see them in the next world cup, they were already ridiculous enough in 2010.

It's a good thing that we're already qualified for the next Euro...
Old September 11 2013, 06:35 PM   #4659
Jax
Admiral

Starkers wrote: View Post
Good result, Lineker and his ilk should stop making themselves look foolish. Given how bereft of attacking options Hodgson was I think 0-0 away from home has to be seen as a good result.
Hodgson plays like this in virtually every game no matter the squad. Deep slow boring football so boring.
Old September 20 2013, 09:28 AM   #4660
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

Location: Mach5 doesn't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

My team (HNK Rijeka) got their asses handed to them last night by Vitoria Guimaraes (4:0)

Too bad, they totally chickened out. This is the same team that beat VfB Stuttgart 4:3 on aggregate, for fuck sake. Vitoria didn't even play that well, TBH. They just exploited Rijeka's defensive errors, which were a plenty.
Old September 25 2013, 11:28 AM   #4661
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

Forgive me for bragging, but my club... Heck, My NEIGHBORHOOD is getting a new stadium.

This is how it looks now (and how it's been for the last 50 years or so):

And this is 2015:

Pretty sweet, eh?
Old September 26 2013, 12:43 AM   #4662
Jax
Admiral

Nice

Thank god for BAD AWFUL REF's because the one at the Madrid match tonight gave a dodgy 96th minute penalty and didn't send off Ramos for what should of been at least 3 yellow cards and it was the match that won me a £59 bet on my accumulator.

I've never been so happy at the inept standard of the refs these days.
Old October 2 2013, 09:22 AM   #4663
Starkers
Admiral

Blimey an eventful few days.

Feelings seem pretty mixed about McClaren amongst Derby fans , but much as I thought the way they got rid of Clough was pretty shabby I was pleased with the appointment, and not just down to nostalgia, he is a good coach. Was pretty scared for a while that it’d be Pullis!

Hopefully his halftime team talk, substitutions and tactical changes that turned a 1-4 hammering into a 4-4 draw will have reminded people of why Jim Smith bought him to Derby in the first place. (and he’d had nothing to do with initial team selection/tactics).

Like I say, I think Clough was badly treated, but I have to say some sort of change was needed, we’d become a little stagnant, and if nothing else I’m actually a little excited to be a Rams fan again right now.

Ps. Don’t put the Brian clough trophy anywhere too inaccessible, Jax, we’ll be wanting it back soon
Old October 3 2013, 12:57 PM   #4664
Shaytan
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaytan

I'm watching teh 1st half of PSG-Benfica again. I think I Have tears of joy.

I was very uncertain about Laurent Blanc at first but I must say that he's doing a better job than Carlo for the moment.
Old October 3 2013, 10:03 PM   #4665
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

My HNK Rijeka stayed unbeaten against Real Betis this evening!

Check the goals:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15iesr_rij_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15if7m_bet_webcam