TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old September 19 2013, 04:41 PM   #451
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back?

Belz... wrote: View Post
CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
The more I think about it, the more I like this idea. We're due for another time travel film
Please no. No more time travel.
I agree with Belz for a change.
bountifulboxesjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 04:44 PM   #452
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

I could honestly do without time travel being in the Trekverse ever again at this point.
Old September 19 2013, 04:55 PM   #453
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
I could honestly do without time travel being in the Trekverse ever again at this point.
Um, so this would not be a good time to plug my new Trek time-travel novel, No Time Like the Past, coming out in February?
Old September 19 2013, 05:04 PM   #454
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

^You should call it "No Time Like the Past, Again".
bountifulboxesjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 06:36 PM   #455
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

bbjeg wrote: View Post
^You should call it "No Time Like the Past, Again".
Back to the Past!

(With apologies to Michael J. Fox.)
Old September 19 2013, 06:40 PM   #456
R. Star
Rear Admiral

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
The more I think about it, the more I like this idea. We're due for another time travel film
Yeah... it was overused before Voyager and Enterprise got their hands on it. That horse is dead. I swear, it's easier to go back in time 200 years than it is to warp from point a to point b.
Old September 19 2013, 06:45 PM   #457
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

R. Star wrote: View Post

Yeah... it was overused before Voyager and Enterprise got their hands on it. That horse is dead. I swear, it's easier to go back in time 200 years than it is to warp from point a to point b.
On the other hand, just to play chrononaut's advocate, time-travel has a pretty good track record when it comes to generating quality episodes and movies. Many of the most popular Trek stories are time-travel stories: City on the Edge of Forever, Tomorrow is Yesterday, All Our Yesterdays, Assignment: Earth, Yesterday's Enterprise, Little Green Men, Trials and Tribble-ations, Future's End, Timeless, The Voyage Home, First Contact, etc.

And book-wise, you have Yesterday's Son, Imzadi, and other classic Trek novels.

Last edited by Greg Cox; September 19 2013 at 06:56 PM.
Greg Cox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 06:59 PM   #458
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
Um, so this would not be a good time to plug my new Trek time-travel novel, No Time Like the Past, coming out in February?
*eyetwitch* Maybe
Old September 19 2013, 07:06 PM   #459
oddsigve
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I for one one would love to see something after Voyager and if I may be so bold I would like to utter a suggestion.

It would be a lot of fun watching something with the Voth and Humans(for some reason when i say "humans" i think of Quark ). Maybe they could take the ST universe to the next level considering their technology and common ancestry with us. Since we now have been introduced to all the quadrants and their most important players it would be intriguing with some galaxy on galaxy action. I know there are many things to elaborate on within our galaxy, but I`m really really tired of the alpha/beta quadrants only. When watching DS9(for the second time) I found that there was way to little exploration of the gamma quadrant. Yes, we all know that DS9 was kind of bound to the emissary arch, but...
oddsigve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 07:14 PM   #460
oddsigve
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I for one one would love to see something after Voyager and if I may be so bold I would like to utter a suggestion.

It would be a lot of fun watching something with the Voth and Humans(for some reason when i say "humans" i think of Quark ). Maybe they could take the ST universe to the next level considering their technology and common ancestry with us. Since we now have been introduced to all the quadrants and their most important players it would be intriguing with some galaxy on galaxy action. I know there are many things to elaborate on within our galaxy, but I`m really really tired of the alpha/beta quadrants only. When watching DS9(for the second time) I found that there was way to little exploration of the gamma quadrant. Yes, we all know that DS9 was kind of bound to the emissary arch, but...
oddsigve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 08:02 PM   #461
R. Star
Rear Admiral

oddsigve wrote: View Post
When watching DS9(for the second time) I found that there was way to little exploration of the gamma quadrant.
Well in the first two seasons they were going through regularly and meeting aliens of the week over there. Bajor even had colonies on the other side. When you encounter a huge planetary empire that shoots on sight, that does hinder exploration a bit.
Old September 19 2013, 08:50 PM   #462
KaraBear
Captain

too little exploration of the Gamma Quadrant? Up until they were threatened by the dominion pretty much all they did was explore the Gamma Quadrant, and after that well would you keep exploring if a super powerful race said they would kill you if you went back into the Gamma Quadrant. Personally I think they went there TOO MUCH considering the threat of the Dominion
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 08:57 PM   #463
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

R. Star wrote: View Post
When watching DS9(for the second time) I found that there was way to little exploration of the gamma quadrant.
Well in the first two seasons they were going through regularly and meeting aliens of the week over there. Bajor even had colonies on the other side. When you encounter a huge planetary empire that shoots on sight, that does hinder exploration a bit.
I like to think that the Federation's encounter with the Dominion was an example of what happens when a first contact goes horribly wrong or when you boldly go where you're not wanted.
Old September 19 2013, 11:10 PM   #464
FKnight
Commander

I'm due for a rewatch, but as I recall, the exploration of the Gamma Quadrant and it's alien species were very few and far between even in the first few seasons with much of the GC alien of the weeks being occassional visitors to the station or a lost human colony here and there. The only exceptions I can think of are the time Miles & Julian were destroying some weapon for an alien civilization, and the time they found themselves on a Dominion held humanoid planet with Julian trying to cure a disease.

There were a very few non-Dominion plot lines in the Gamma Quadrant, but I'd never characterize it as alien of the week or anything close. How many QC species did our heroes meet?
"You have been examined. Your ship must be destroyed. We make assumption you have a deity, or deities, or some such beliefs which comfort you. We therefore grant you ten Earth time periods known as minutes to make preparations."
FKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 11:41 PM   #465
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

FKnight wrote: View Post
There were a very few non-Dominion plot lines in the Gamma Quadrant, but I'd never characterize it as alien of the week or anything close. How many QC species did our heroes meet?
Including some Dominion races, about 20.