RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,730
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 988
Newest member: DeimosAnimus

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old September 17 2013, 06:22 PM   #46
OpenMaw
Commander

Re: I have an idea for the next Star Trek movie.

Just a nice acknowledgement of some sort would be great. Even if it were something like the crew looking across a reflection and seeing their older selves bounced back at them. A nice visual, young and old.
Old September 17 2013, 06:32 PM   #47
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

OpenMaw wrote: View Post
Just a nice acknowledgement of some sort would be great. Even if it were something like the crew looking across a reflection and seeing their older selves bounced back at them. A nice visual, young and old.
I really like this idea.
Old September 17 2013, 07:52 PM   #48
The Keeper
Commodore

J. Allen wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure Spock Prime won't be in the next one. Even here, his presence was very brief, as in get up to go pee and come back and it never happened, brief.
Nimoy's presence in ID served so little purpose to the story I cannot help feel there was some ulterior motive for his cameo. Like a placeholder of sorts suggesting some greater future involvement.

I cannot think of any bigger future involvement than his eventually giving us the Grand Tour of New Vulcan.

Last edited by The Keeper; September 17 2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: correct quotation error
The Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 08:44 PM   #49
austen_pierce
Commander

BillJ wrote: View Post
I really like this idea.
Would/should they CGI in the deceased actors?
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 08:53 PM   #50
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

austen_pierce wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
I really like this idea.
Yes they should. It doesn't have to be anything more than a few seconds but it would be an incredible salute to what came before.
Old September 17 2013, 09:00 PM   #51
OpenMaw
Commander

You could probably pull elements from the various movies or from the original series now that we have both in HD to create a nice effect without having to go CGI. (I assume you mean creating CGI replicas) Just create a digital composite, maybe add in some motion into it.
Old September 19 2013, 02:41 AM   #52
austen_pierce
Commander

You could probably pull elements from the various movies or from the original series now that we have both in HD to create a nice effect without having to go CGI. (I assume you mean creating CGI replicas) Just create a digital composite, maybe add in some motion into it.
My vote would be NuTrek viewing TOS era counterparts. Have the ensemble cast look at the prime versions of themselves at the same approximate age.

But I also think that for the 50th anniversary, they should find a way to squeeze Shatner in for a real role.
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 04:55 AM   #53
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

The Keeper wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure Spock Prime won't be in the next one. Even here, his presence was very brief, as in get up to go pee and come back and it never happened, brief.
Nimoy's presence in ID served so little purpose to the story I cannot help feel there was some ulterior motive for his cameo. Like a placeholder of sorts suggesting some greater future involvement.

I cannot think of any bigger future involvement than his eventually giving us the Grand Tour of New Vulcan.
It's like Branson, Missouri, but with fewer fake smiles. In other words, it's like Vegas.

-= All fantasy teaches me is that reality sucks. =-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote