RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,173
Posts: 5,435,390
Members: 24,942
Currently online: 524
Newest member: ks55

TrekToday headlines

Two Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Oct 22

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 15 2013, 11:08 PM   #16
teacock
Admiral
 
teacock's Avatar
 
Location: teacake
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

I particularly like how..

__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2013, 11:13 PM   #17
Queen Arachnia
Commodore
 
Queen Arachnia's Avatar
 
Location: aka Captain Kathryn
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Queen Arachnia
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

teacake wrote: View Post
I particularly like how..

^^I do like that as well. Yay for continuity.
__________________
Assimilate more Janeway...among other stuff! Captain Kathryn's Tumblr
Queen Arachnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 02:15 AM   #18
dub
Fleet Captain
 
dub's Avatar
 
Location: Location? What is this?
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

Yes, Voyager just made me laugh out loud...

"Is it the tattoo? Because mine's bigger!"

"Not big enough."

dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 02:23 AM   #19
Queen Arachnia
Commodore
 
Queen Arachnia's Avatar
 
Location: aka Captain Kathryn
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Queen Arachnia
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

Yeah that is a good episode.

Another one that breeds some continuity...the situation is mentioned again in Season 7.
__________________
Assimilate more Janeway...among other stuff! Captain Kathryn's Tumblr
Queen Arachnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 02:50 AM   #20
dub
Fleet Captain
 
dub's Avatar
 
Location: Location? What is this?
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

"You...bar rodent!"

Love it!
dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 03:48 AM   #21
R. Star
Rear Admiral
 
R. Star's Avatar
 
Location: Shangri-La
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

It always disappointed me that the Q got turned from a mysterious, if chaotic race, into a dysfunctional family sitcom. De Lancie does great with the material he's given, but his best performances come from when he's just wryly commenting on the situation with his own unique brand of humor rather than just being... random for the heck of it.
__________________
"I was never a Star Trek fan." J.J. Abrams
R. Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 04:09 AM   #22
dub
Fleet Captain
 
dub's Avatar
 
Location: Location? What is this?
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

Well, I got a kick out of the dialogue. The story was okay, not my favorite. The puppy was cute. The female Q gets the award for most annoying voice in Trek. But the laughs were priceless! I still love Q! And Janeway, even I must admit, looked stunning in several scenes.
dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 05:54 AM   #23
teacock
Admiral
 
teacock's Avatar
 
Location: teacake
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

I enjoy Q the playful scamp, it actually lends some meaning to why this omnipotent being is bothering with them all. To take the piss. And suddenly it makes sense.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 12:55 PM   #24
KaraBear
Captain
 
KaraBear's Avatar
 
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

dub wrote: View Post
Well, I got a kick out of the dialogue. The story was okay, not my favorite. The puppy was cute. The female Q gets the award for most annoying voice in Trek. But the laughs were priceless! I still love Q! And Janeway, even I must admit, looked stunning in several scenes.
"what are you doing with that dog? And I don't mean the puppy"
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 01:31 PM   #25
dub
Fleet Captain
 
dub's Avatar
 
Location: Location? What is this?
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

I think he also called Chakotay "chuckles" or something like that. Great stuff. Too bad he didn't throw some comic insulting at Harry.
dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 01:55 PM   #26
KaraBear
Captain
 
KaraBear's Avatar
 
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

I also love that Qjr was played by John Delancie's actual son
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2013, 05:04 PM   #27
Lynx
Rear Admiral
 
Lynx's Avatar
 
Location: Lynx Empire
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

Season 3 is a great season but not as good as Season 2 and Season 1. There are some mediocre episodes, like "Blood Fever", "Macrocosm" and "Real Life" which lowers the season for me. Still some really great episodes, like "Warlord", "The Swarm", "Darkling", "Future's End" and "Before And After" among my favorites.
__________________
Who'd let that cat in here?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at:http://www.lynx677.tk/
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2013, 06:04 PM   #28
KaraBear
Captain
 
KaraBear's Avatar
 
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

Season three was definately better than the first two seasons. I pretty much like all the episodes except for Sacred Ground, Warlord, Coda, Unity, Darkling, and Before and After
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2013, 06:27 PM   #29
DonIago
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

Lynx wrote: View Post
Season 3 is a great season but not as good as Season 2 and Season 1. There are some mediocre episodes, like "Blood Fever", "Macrocosm" and "Real Life" which lowers the season for me. Still some really great episodes, like "Warlord", "The Swarm", "Darkling", "Future's End" and "Before And After" among my favorites.
Your bias is showing.

I like "Macrocosm" in a VOY Does Die Hard kind of way. As a great episode of Trek? Meh. And if I want Die Hard in general I'd rather rewatch "Starship Mine" for the Data chitchat.

I like "Real Life" because I'm a sentimental sap and before the family is reprogrammed I find them delightfully unrealistic. Also I did think the VFX with Paris's little voyage were pretty cool.

"Warlord" is sort of entertaining but sort of forgettable for me...but then, I'm a gay man, so watching Kes get bent out of shape possibly isn't as appealling for me as it is for some.

I do really like "Before and After", but I think that's pretty much consensus.
__________________
--DonIago
It was the best of Trek, it was the worst of Trek...
"If I lean over, I leave myself open to wedgies, wet willies, or even the dreaded Rear Admiral!"
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2013, 06:43 PM   #30
KaraBear
Captain
 
KaraBear's Avatar
 
Re: Thoughts on Season 3

DonIago wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
Season 3 is a great season but not as good as Season 2 and Season 1. There are some mediocre episodes, like "Blood Fever", "Macrocosm" and "Real Life" which lowers the season for me. Still some really great episodes, like "Warlord", "The Swarm", "Darkling", "Future's End" and "Before And After" among my favorites.
Your bias is showing.

I like "Macrocosm" in a VOY Does Die Hard kind of way. As a great episode of Trek? Meh. And if I want Die Hard in general I'd rather rewatch "Starship Mine" for the Data chitchat.

I like "Real Life" because I'm a sentimental sap and before the family is reprogrammed I find them delightfully unrealistic. Also I did think the VFX with Paris's little voyage were pretty cool.

"Warlord" is sort of entertaining but sort of forgettable for me...but then, I'm a gay man, so watching Kes get bent out of shape possibly isn't as appealling for me as it is for some.

I do really like "Before and After", but I think that's pretty much consensus.
overlooking the concept of the giant viruses, I liked Macrocosm, it was great and action packed.

Real Life I can't watch too many times because of the ending but I thought it was a great episode for the doctor
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.