RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,680
Posts: 5,430,385
Members: 24,828
Currently online: 413
Newest member: DimeRhyme


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 16 2013, 11:37 PM   #136
trekker670
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
trekker670 wrote: View Post
Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
*It better not be the same few minutes of commentary repeated over and over!
I actually think that would be hilarious if it were done as some sort of easter egg (in addition to an actual commentary)
Like the Thermian track on GALAXY QUEST? That would be fun. What do you wanna bet that they at least feign repeating their names at the start of Act One?

"Hi, this is Brannon Braga. I wrote this episode."
"And I'm Seth MacFarlane. I did not write this episode."
Haha yeah, especially given that MacFarlane is involved, they can't pass by this opportunity for a laugh!
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 12:36 AM   #137
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Robert Meyer Burnett confirmed a few things on Twitter recently. One is that his TNG Composers doc is 75 minutes long (I think that officially makes it the longest feature on a laserdisc, DVD or Blu-ray focusing on composers!). The other is that Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga recorded a commentary for "Cause and Effect."* And so did Ronald D. Moore and Naren Shankar on "The First Duty." That joins the one Morgan Gendel recorded with the Okudas for "The Inner Light." And of course, an unknown one on the "Unification" standalone (possibly Cliff Bole and the Okudas?).

*It better not be the same few minutes of commentary repeated over and over!
I'm looking forward to the Composers documentary but I hope there is a lot more coming down the pipe than that. It is the 25th anniversary season, and Roddenberry did pass away during that time. There's a lot they can cover. I would also love more features kind of like the Read Rainbow one we got for Season 2.
__________________
Twitter
SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 02:21 AM   #138
Maxwell Everett
Commodore
 
Maxwell Everett's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Robert Meyer Burnett confirmed a few things on Twitter recently. One is that his TNG Composers doc is 75 minutes long (I think that officially makes it the longest feature on a laserdisc, DVD or Blu-ray focusing on composers!). The other is that Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga recorded a commentary for "Cause and Effect."* And so did Ronald D. Moore and Naren Shankar on "The First Duty." That joins the one Morgan Gendel recorded with the Okudas for "The Inner Light." And of course, an unknown one on the "Unification" standalone (possibly Cliff Bole and the Okudas?).

*It better not be the same few minutes of commentary repeated over and over!
I'm looking forward to the Composers documentary but I hope there is a lot more coming down the pipe than that. It is the 25th anniversary season, and Roddenberry did pass away during that time. There's a lot they can cover. I would also love more features kind of like the Read Rainbow one we got for Season 2.
Well, there's always the short and TOS-centric but still worthwhile The Star Trek Logs with Marina Sirtis (which I posted on the previous page) -- that is, if they can find a usable Betacam or D1 copy of it, and if all the rights can be cleared for its use (probably unlikely). We may also get an HD scan of the Patrick Stewart song and dance number he performed for an ill Gene Roddenberry. And beyond that, we know there are deleted scenes in HD and at least two other HD featurettes that were produced for Season Five: In Conversation: The Klingons and What He Left Behind: The Roddenberry Legacy. I'm assuming the latter is the typical multi-part doc on the making of Season Five. Here's what's been announced (and can be inferred) so far:

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 5
  • Episodic Promos (SD)
  • Deleted Scenes (HD)
  • Gag Reel (HD)*
  • Audio Commentary on "Cause and Effect" with Brannon Braga and Seth MacFarlane
  • Audio Commentary on "The First Duty" with Ronald D. Moore and Naren Shankar
  • Audio Commentary on "The Inner Light" with Morgan Gendel and Mike & Denise Okuda
  • Featurettes:
    • Archival Mission Logs (SD)
    • In Conversation: The Klingons (HD)
    • What He Left Behind: The Roddenberry Legacy (HD)
    • TNG Composers (HD)

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Unification
  • Episodic Promos (SD)
  • From One Generation To the Next (HD)
  • Feature-length commentary

*Presumably. Each season has had a gag reel.
__________________
"Shake off all the fears & servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion." -Thomas Jefferson
Maxwell Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 05:57 AM   #139
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

We're having more stuff with the Klingons? I thought they were covered pretty well in the Redemption Disc. I would want something on the Romulans, considering they are still a key player in season 5.
__________________
Twitter
SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 01:54 PM   #140
Aatrek
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

I think that 'Klingons' piece was listed incorrectly.
Aatrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 09:52 PM   #141
Maxwell Everett
Commodore
 
Maxwell Everett's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
We're having more stuff with the Klingons? I thought they were covered pretty well in the Redemption Disc. I would want something on the Romulans, considering they are still a key player in season 5.
Aatrek wrote: View Post
I think that 'Klingons' piece was listed incorrectly.
Got the list from here: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sta...Season-5/18868

It's also listed here: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11947

I too thought it was odd. Perhaps they did, in fact, mean Romulans. It wouldn't be the first time that a VAM detail got reported incorrectly. Then again, the S5 TNG composers piece has Ron Jones in it and he was fired at the end of S4 and contributed nothing to S5. It probably would have made more sense to include that in the S3 or S4 set, but that was probably due to scheduling the interviews.
__________________
"Shake off all the fears & servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion." -Thomas Jefferson
Maxwell Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 01:29 AM   #142
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain
 
FrontierTrek's Avatar
 
Location: TrekCore.com
View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

In Conversation: The Klingons (HD)
What He Left Behind: The Roddenberry Legacy (HD)

These are both totally wrong.

Not sure where you got your audio commentary list from, but that is also incomplete.
__________________
www.TrekCore.com :: The Net's LARGEST Trek Multimedia Site
Over 450,000 Trek DVD & Blu-Ray Caps from EVERY episode/movie!
FrontierTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 05:51 AM   #143
Maxwell Everett
Commodore
 
Maxwell Everett's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
In Conversation: The Klingons (HD)
What He Left Behind: The Roddenberry Legacy (HD)

These are both totally wrong.

Not sure where you got your audio commentary list from, but that is also incomplete.
Hmm. Well, my audio commentary list is necessarily incomplete because I'm only going by what was mentioned in tweets by Morgan Gendel and Robert Meyer Burnett. It wasn't meant to be comprehensive. But I'm glad to hear there are more that haven't been revealed! Very, very glad! As for the docs you say are completely wrong, both tvshowsondvd.com and blu-ray.com claim they got the info straight from CBS in their respective articles.

That said, I certainly trust the info you have in your possession more than either of those two sites. Someone must be feeding them outdated info. In any case, looking forward to your complete bonus feature breakdown! I was expecting CBS to let you run the full press release about two weeks ago. I guess they weren't quite ready to share that as early as last time.
__________________
"Shake off all the fears & servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion." -Thomas Jefferson
Maxwell Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 12:59 PM   #144
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain
 
FrontierTrek's Avatar
 
Location: TrekCore.com
View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Hmm. Well, my audio commentary list is necessarily incomplete because I'm only going by what was mentioned in tweets by Morgan Gendel and Robert Meyer Burnett. It wasn't meant to be comprehensive. But I'm glad to hear there are more that haven't been revealed! Very, very glad! As for the docs you say are completely wrong, both tvshowsondvd.com and blu-ray.com claim they got the info straight from CBS in their respective articles.

That said, I certainly trust the info you have in your possession more than either of those two sites. Someone must be feeding them outdated info. In any case, looking forward to your complete bonus feature breakdown! I was expecting CBS to let you run the full press release about two weeks ago. I guess they weren't quite ready to share that as early as last time.
Yes, both sites reported bad information which is why you didn't see it listed on TrekCore

There has been no official press release soon, probably in part because they were finalizing things for "Unification" right up until the last minute!
__________________
www.TrekCore.com :: The Net's LARGEST Trek Multimedia Site
Over 450,000 Trek DVD & Blu-Ray Caps from EVERY episode/movie!
FrontierTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2013, 04:24 AM   #145
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME
 
Squiggy's Avatar
 
Location: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Say, why so slow with the screencap updates? I needs me some new desktops!
__________________
ENOUGH OF THIS TURGID BASH WANKERY!
Squiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2013, 10:36 AM   #146
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain
 
FrontierTrek's Avatar
 
Location: TrekCore.com
View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Squiggy wrote: View Post
Say, why so slow with the screencap updates? I needs me some new desktops!
Slow? We're averaging two a week! And running the SD/HD comp videos in parallel... that's a lot of work
__________________
www.TrekCore.com :: The Net's LARGEST Trek Multimedia Site
Over 450,000 Trek DVD & Blu-Ray Caps from EVERY episode/movie!
FrontierTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 02:04 PM   #147
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME
 
Squiggy's Avatar
 
Location: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

I keed. But I demand instant results from my free service!
__________________
ENOUGH OF THIS TURGID BASH WANKERY!
Squiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 09:37 PM   #148
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain
 
FrontierTrek's Avatar
 
Location: TrekCore.com
View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Squiggy wrote: View Post
I keed. But I demand instant results from my free service!
We're actually fully capped up to Season 5, but the videos take longer
__________________
www.TrekCore.com :: The Net's LARGEST Trek Multimedia Site
Over 450,000 Trek DVD & Blu-Ray Caps from EVERY episode/movie!
FrontierTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 11:16 PM   #149
Dick_Valentine
Commander
 
Location: Birmingham, UK (Not Alabama)
View Dick_Valentine's Twitter Profile
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Soooooo....did they fix the phaser shot in Darmok or not?
__________________
I don't care what anyone thinks, when I hit the iceberg the iceberg sinks!
Dick_Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2013, 01:25 AM   #150
Aatrek
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Dick_Valentine wrote: View Post
Soooooo....did they fix the phaser shot in Darmok or not?
We'll know when Season 5 becomes available. He said "we're capped up TO Season 5," not "THROUGH Season 5".
Aatrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
remastered

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.