Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Old September 16 2013, 06:32 PM   #31
Smellmet
Commander

Re: Your top 10 moments...

Yeah that's not too bad I suppose, most of the offending effects shots in TFF are near the end of the film when they clearly ran out of cash
Smellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 06:57 PM   #32
Smellmet
Commander

DWF wrote: View Post
In no special order.

The Klingon intro in TMP.

The crash of the Enterprise D in Generations.

The Enterprise rising up from behind the Reliant in TWOK ready to fire.

The Vengeance not only chasing the Enterprise down at warp but blowing her right out of warp as well very violently.

The stealing of the Enterprise in Star Trek III.

The destruction of the Enterprise in Star Trek III.

Lily Sloane standing up to Picard in First Contact.

The phaser battle on the Narada.

The fight on Kronos in Into Darkness.

The torpedo going though the saucer section in Star Trek IV.

Of course such a list can does change from time to time.
The Klingon intro in TMP, another contender to reshuffle my list, superb music and camera angles. Those D7's didn't feature enough in the TOS movies, I love the design of them, had a die cast model that fired discs when I was a kid, hope we see them in action in ST3.

Enterprise D crash - brilliant use of models, that lends a realistic edge to the scene which still holds up very well considering its almost 20 years old
Old September 17 2013, 12:51 AM   #33
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

10. TWOK "I don't like to lose."

9. The Search for Spock "My God, Bones. What have I done?"

8. The Search for Spock "Jim. You're name is Jim."

7. Sybok "cures" McCoy and Spock -- the shining light in a turd of a movie.

6. "It never occurred to me to take Gorkon at his word." Kirk finally realizes that he has been wrong and prejudiced while still sitting in jail.

5. The first 10 minutes of Star Trek (2009). The death of Kirk's father, the birth of James T. How he got his name, and Nero is truly ominous in his most terrifying and effective scenes in the movie. It had me pumped in the movie theater. Upon review, not one of the better Trek films, but those scenes make it worthwhile.

4. The trial scene in Star Trek VI. I can do it verbatim. James T. Kirk finally has all of his crap thrown back at him. His hatred, his decision to rescue Spock. He finally faces some consequences. Chang is marvelous as he's lying to the audience. He is a great orator, and the scene's pace, from very slow and brooding to fiery makes it one of the best I have seen.

3. Picard saying "How old are you?" to Anij to Geordi looking at the sunset. This movie did some actual exploring. Not just exposition of the mouse trap we have the Enterprise crew in, but we explore the culture of the Ba'ku. Geordi drives home what Picard and crew will be leaving behind--his eyesight and curing disease. It's subtle, poignant, and it's like water for a dying man who's tired of having earth or the Enterprise in peril.

2. Spock crying in The Motion Picture. Spock has some of the best lines in the movie, describing the problem with V'Ger and what V'Ger seeks. But the single tear down the cheek is still one of my favorite moments. People forget, because they have seen the movie, that Spock wasn't trusted in this one. He was on a personal quest, one that set up nicely to show him at peace in TWOK.

1. The Death of Spock--The emotional climax and epilogue of The Wrath of Khan still brings me to tears when I watch it. There's so much history between these two characters and we have a chance to say goodbye to Spock, something left undone when they killed Data.
HaventGotALife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 08:45 AM   #34
Smellmet
Commander

Digging number 3, I always liked that bit too, I love the way Picard asks 'how old are you' great delivery of the line from Sir Patrick