Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 17 2013, 12:58 AM   #1
Dream
Admiral

Fast & Furious 7 - Lucas Black returns to franchise

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/luca...-7-and-beyond/

EXCLUSIVE: Lucas Black, who starred in Fast & Furious 3: Tokyo Drift, is returning to reprise his Sean Boswell role in Fast & Furious 7. Black, most recently seen as Pee Wee Reese in the Jackie Robinson film 42, has signed a deal that calls for his character to become a regular in the series and he will be part of at least the next three installments of Universal Pictures’ most lucrative film franchise. Fast & Furious 7 will be released next July 11.
I guess the third movie really was important after all! It's very cool how they keep bringing back all their characters in the sequels.

Last edited by cultcross; September 17 2013 at 08:44 PM.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 01:11 AM   #2
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: Fast & Furious 7 - Lucas Black retuns to franchise

Great news. I was hoping that they'd work him in.

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
The lead character played by Lucas Black never appeared in any of the other movies, but it would be nice if he were included at some point. The series has done well at bringing people back, so I hope it can happen. If you watch [Tokyo Drift], you'll see how he can be worked in.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 01:59 AM   #3
sojourner
Admiral

They gained the actor and lost the director.
Old September 17 2013, 02:10 AM   #4
Mr Light
Admiral

I seriously hate that guy. I cannot STAND his thick Southern accent. Ugh. And I hated the third movie. I like the continuity, but... ugh.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 03:34 AM   #5
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I think the big news right now is the three more movies. I haven't seen any past the first or the second, but now we will have nine? Will they continue coming out every year until they milk the franchise dry?

Maybe we can get a cross over to Riddick.
Old September 17 2013, 04:26 AM   #6
Dream
Admiral

Re: Fast & Furious 7 - Lucas Black returns to franchise

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I seriously hate that guy. I cannot STAND his thick Southern accent. Ugh. And I hated the third movie. I like the continuity, but... ugh.
I wouldn't worry too much, Diesel and Walker should continue to be the leads. I see Lucas Black being more of a supporting character.

I thought Lucas Black was fine in TD, though he wasn't quite strong enough to carry that movie on his own.
Old September 17 2013, 04:38 AM   #7
Dream
Admiral

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
I think the big news right now is the three more movies. I haven't seen any past the first or the second, but now we will have nine? Will they continue coming out every year until they milk the franchise dry?

We are getting the next Fast movie so quickly because Universal doesn't have a blockbuster next year, Jurassic Park 4 was scheduled for next year but was delayed. I think the producers have found a good rhythm with a new Fast movie every two years. As long as the movies are entertaining, why not do more?
Old September 17 2013, 06:30 AM   #8
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Dream wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post

We are getting the next Fast movie so quickly because Universal doesn't have a blockbuster next year, Jurassic Park 4 was scheduled for next year but was delayed. I think the producers have found a good rhythm with a new Fast movie every two years. As long as the movies are entertaining, why not do more?
Two years is OK, perfect in fact, but they are doing them every year now, which if they keep it up I think will burn out the franchise quicker than they want.
Old September 17 2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

I'm not a massive fan of the series (though I've seen and enjoyed the first and fourth movies) but the way they've basically managed to reunite almost everyone who's ever appeared in a F&F movie over the last few years amazes and impresses me.

Haven't seen TD but I thought Black was excellent as a child in the under-rated and short-lived tv show American Gothic.
Old September 17 2013, 11:05 AM   #10
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Great news. If anything, it means they're finally moving forward in the universe. But TD is actually one of my favorites, and I liked Black. I also think it's great that Statham is going to be in it.

Form what I've seen so far, non of the ladies have signed-on yet. I hope Brewster at least makes an appearance.
Old September 17 2013, 12:10 PM   #11
Lonemagpie
Writer

This better mean Han isn't it - otherwise how could they have a recognisably older post-TD Black with Han still around?

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 03:40 PM   #12
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Never mind Lucas Black, what about bringing back:

(... and not just for some thirty-second cameo, neither! )
Gaith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 04:17 PM   #13
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice

It's hard to believe they've already released 6 of these things.
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 05:11 PM   #14
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Dream wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
I wouldn't worry too much, Diesel and Walker should continue to be the leads. I see Lucas Black being more of a supporting character.

I thought Lucas Black was fine in TD, though he wasn't quite strong enough to carry that movie on his own.
Which is why Han was the actual breakout star.. i loved how they kept referencing Han wanting to go to Tokyo and him postponing it each time (and it always broke my heart a little because i really like the character and was shocked when he died in the movie).

I find Black's southern accent hilarious so news of him returning is good news to me. It's also very easy to include him given the after credits scene of FF6 and the way FF3 ended.

As has been said the even bigger news is that there are apparently 3 more movies locked in which can also be good news if they can keep to the formula and every once in a while rotate some out and some in to keep it fresh. My only wish is they'd tone down the ridiculous stunts a bit.. tanks and Matrix like action scenes is over the top even for Fast and Furious (and killed the Die Hard movies for me when McLane started to battle fighter jets).

Cool cars, awesome driving, even cooler music all mixed together with some cool one liners.. that's Fast and Furious.
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2013, 05:13 PM   #15
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

I haven't seen TD. Is there any way Han's death there could turn out not to have been real - like Michelle Rodriguez' character?