Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old July 25 2013, 10:41 PM   #31
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Re: Bioshock Infinite.

yeah, it was on the last Steam Sale for a decent price.

Beautiful game. Can't recommend it enough.
Old July 31 2013, 10:48 AM   #32
Infern0
Captain

So happy about the DLC, couldn't have asked for a better concept imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpgvZay10jE
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1 2013, 12:47 PM   #33
Mr Light
Admiral

I've seen it at $40 a few times... I'm waiting for $25 or $30... maybe in November, it'll be six months old then...

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2013, 04:45 PM   #34
Mr Light
Admiral

I finally went ahead and bought the game! Love it! The story and setting are absolutely fascinating. As great as Rapture was, I think this is even more interesting with the dimensional tear mystery. And I love having Elizabeth with me.

One thing is driving me up a wall. The save system. I can't save the game it only auto saves. I play to the end of a chapter where I load a new location, then make sure it auto saved and turn off the game. TWICE now I have had to replay AN ENTIRE HOUR of the game because when I turn the game back on it doesn't remember I finished that damn level!!! Did anyone else have this problem?!

Old September 16 2013, 01:19 AM   #35
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Did anyone else have this problem?!
No, the autosaves work fine for me. What platform? And are you using the newest patch?

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 02:01 AM   #36
Mr Light
Admiral

I'm on 360, and I don't have XBox Live so I have no online patches.

Old September 16 2013, 03:57 AM   #37
Mr Light
Admiral

ARGH! So I waited SIX MONTHS to buy this game because it was never cheap. I finally decide to spoil myself and buy it for $40. And what happens? The NEXT WEEK it finally falls to $30 for the first time ever. Typical!

Old September 16 2013, 05:00 AM   #38
Yoda
Rear Admiral

It's not completely clear based on how you phrased it. But if you sign up for an Xbox Live free account you can still get the patches. Seems worth it to me, *shrug*. Seems like if there is a legit save bug that bad then it would probably be covered in one of the patches.
Old September 16 2013, 12:32 PM   #39
Mr Light
Admiral

I don't know anything about how any of the online stuff works. I thought you had to pay for it...

Old September 16 2013, 01:08 PM   #40
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I don't know anything about how any of the online stuff works. I thought you had to pay for it...
You have to pay to play multiplayer. A free ("Silver") account can still download patches and buy digital content.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 08:34 PM   #41
Yoda
Rear Admiral

If you really want you can keep your account offline, then just make a separate free online account that you log in to when you want to download a patch, then you would just login and load up the game and you will get a prompt for the updates. You'll surely get a prompt to update the dashboard as well, so I guess that's another concern, not sure how old your Xbox is but the interface has gone through a few stages of evolution though IMO not necessarily all for the better.

Then again if you're not online with it the interface doesn't really matter much beyond loading up a game. Getting the updates is a good idea, lots of games these days have 'day one' patches, which is pretty much admitting that they know they are shipping broken games.

Oh, one important consideration, do you have an Xbox model with a hard drive? Or maybe 4GB flash? I think some of the very early models were available with no internal storage. You'll need some space to download patches.
Old September 17 2013, 02:10 AM   #42
Mr Light
Admiral

I figured out my save issue.

My XBox never knows what date/time it is, it resets every time you turn it on. So it was playing the most recent date/time that it knew about as the auto play. But that would mean the longest period of time that I played in one sitting. So if I played two hours yesterday, but three hours the previous day, it would play from the end of the previous day and not yesterday.

Now that I know this, I can scroll through the "level" saves to find the name of the location I'm on. Problem solved!

Wow, I'm on Chapter 19 of 39 and I still haven't seen the Songbird aside from one brief cameo when I found Elizabeth! I expected him to be more integral to the story that way Big Daddies and Big Sisters were

Last edited by Mr Light; September 17 2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old September 24 2013, 01:19 AM   #43
Mr Light
Admiral

Finished the game. I really loved it and I'd say it was better than the original. I really loved using the skylines in combat, that was a great innovention. I just played the whole game with Devil's Kiss and the Carbine, but I was playing on easy.

Boy, reading that article upthread about the ending gave me lots of new things to think about. That was a great story. This would make for an amazing movie, as would the original Bioshock. This is absolutely a better story than the original, though.

Last edited by Mr Light; September 24 2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old September 24 2013, 01:23 PM   #44
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Carbine was my favourite as well, but you're definitely forced to use more variety of weapons on harder difficulties. I did like the Skylines as well.

Boy, reading that article upthread about the ending gave me lots of new things to think about. That was a great story. This would make for an amazing movie, as would the original Bioshock. This is absolutely a better story than the original, though.
Yeah, this was a great game. Not quite my favourite of this year now, I think The Last of Us does some things better, but it was damn fun to play.
Old September 24 2013, 07:36 PM   #45
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Funny you should mention The Last of Us, I'm working on that one right now. This, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Far Cry 3, why do these games all of a sudden have very similar weapon and skill upgrade systems? That shit has spread like Halo health regen! At least I know that came from Halo, but where did this RPG-lite stuff come from?