Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 16 2013, 03:04 AM   #421
Mojochi
Commodore

Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Whatever I've said, at any time, about any of these characters being anything less than utterly awesome. I take it all back

Anybody not watching this show is missing the greatest thing being televised. This show couldn't be more perfect if flawless diamonds popped out of the screen after every episode

I feel like someone just stomped on my guts
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 03:11 AM   #422
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

That episode was amazing. I mean, I didn't think it was possible to take Breaking Bad to a new level. When Skyler pulls the knife on Walt, and Flynn has to pull his psychotic father off his complicit mother, holy crap.

I also like the way Hank went out. "You're the smartest guy I know, but you can't see he made up his mind ten minutes ago." He gets to go out like a man, like a guy Anton Chigirn would respect as he murders.

Skyler finally realizing she should have turned Walt in the second she found out he was a drug dealer, Flynn finally facing reality. Marie having empathy for her sister. Just amazing. And still two episodes left in the series.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 03:15 AM   #423
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

That was incredibly painful. I didn't think it could get worse than Hank dying but the breakdown of the family was incredibly tragic.
Old September 16 2013, 03:19 AM   #424
Agent Richard07
Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
That episode was amazing. I mean, I didn't think it was possible to take Breaking Bad to a new level.
I couldn't help but think of about what bigdaddy said a few posts up... This is "Breaking Bad", not "Breaking Bad, then not too bad".

When Skyler pulls the knife on Walt, and Flynn has to pull his psychotic father off his complicit mother, holy crap.
I thought that Jr might get stabbed and killed in the kerfuffle, sending both Walt and Skyler over the edge.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 03:23 AM   #425
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if Walt's phone call at the end was designed to get Skyler off the hook.

He gained nothing by calling her, and he went out of his way to say that he threatened to hurt her, even though he didn't. And he said 'No Police?' when he must have known full well the police were listening. I think Walt was trying to cast Skyler as a terrified victim instead of a complicit accomplice.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 03:26 AM   #426
CaptainCanada
Admiral

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if Walt's phone call at the end was designed to get Skyler off the hook.
I think that's pretty clear, when you see how he acted when the call was over.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 03:28 AM   #427
Agent Richard07
Admiral

He gained nothing by calling her, and he went out of his way to say that he threatened to hurt her. And he said 'No Police?' when he must have known full well the police were listening. I think Walt was trying to cast Skyler as a terrified victim instead of a complicit accomplice.
Interesting. Never thought of that. Blowing up and blaming others isn't unusual for Walt, so it's easy to miss something like that.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 03:46 AM   #428
Jonas Grumby
Vice Admiral

I certainly saw it that way. And thank God for it; I was beginning to worry that Gilligan was going to give us some kind of nihilistic "we're all shit on the inside" ending. But it seems Walt is (still) trying to save his family.

Walt is not a totally corrupt person. While his ego definitely got away from him and led him into some bad decisions, his reason for "breaking bad" in the first place (to provide for his family after his death) and the motivation for many of the schemes he's perpetrated (to save others, primarily Jesse and Hank) were not dishonorable.
Old September 16 2013, 03:55 AM   #429
Mr Light
Admiral

I don't like the way Gomey died off-screen. Or that suddenly Hank has a mortal wound when they both seemed perfectly fine at the end of the previous episode.

Walt kidnapping his baby and threatening his wife's life over the phone is by far the most heinous thing he's done in the show. So I like the theory that he did it for the police to hear to absolve her of his crimes.

I have a new theory on the end of the show. Walt, on the run, dies alone and in pain from the cancer in the bathroom of a slimey motel room.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 04:05 AM   #430
Mojochi
Commodore

Jonas Grumby wrote: View Post
Walt is not a totally corrupt person.
Not yet anyway, but isn't that the whole point? Isn't that why we get shown a flashback of a time when he was all loaded with good intentions & genuine care for people? All those things are being left behind, painfully, like tearing away parts of himself
Old September 16 2013, 04:22 AM   #431
Mojochi
Commodore

BTW, Aaron Paul has aged too much to play himself in a flashback with a bad wig. LMAO!
Old September 16 2013, 04:41 AM   #432
J.T.B.
Commodore

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
I think that's pretty clear, when you see how he acted when the call was over.
Yeah, I don't think there is any question about it. It was his last attempt to help his family before starting his "new life."
J.T.B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 05:09 AM   #433
Mojochi
Commodore

Um... OMG I've been watching that Skeevy Uncle Jack for god knows how long & it never occurred to me in the slightest that it is Michael Bowen playing him. Wow he looks different
Old September 16 2013, 05:42 AM   #434
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Favorite quotes...

"I watched Jane die."

"Put on your seatbelt."

And anything Jr. says.

And I'm not even done.
Old September 16 2013, 05:53 AM   #435
Chuck Finley
Commander

This episode was gut wrenching. I knew Hank would die and Jesse would be kidnapped, but the knife fight really had me honestly terrified. I thought either Skylar would be accidentally stabbed or Jr. I was really worried there and then when Walt took Holly, I was just creeped out. The shit really hit the fan quickly on this one. I like that Todd seems to feel bad for Jesse. It should be I interesting to see if he helps Jesse and turns on his uncle or what. Great episode.
Chuck Finley is offline   Reply With Quote