TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old September 13 2013, 09:33 PM   #436
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back?

A Klingon 300 would rock!
Old September 13 2013, 10:09 PM   #437
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post
Then what's the point of going out of your way to make an alternate universe if it's just going to use the same elements again?
To pick and choose what bits they wanted?
Coming soon: Crisis on Infinite Treks
PLEASE write that!

If you don't, I will.
RandyS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2013, 11:15 AM   #438
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Isn't that what "Parallels" essentially was? They almost had one big universe full of billions of Enterprises.

Also, another vote for Klingon 300!
Old September 14 2013, 05:17 PM   #439
Isolinear
Lieutenant Commander

Hi, this is my first post here on this forum. Been a long, LONG time lurker though.

I grew up watching TNG. For me TNG, DS9 and VOY will always be Star Trek. Do I want that Universe back? OF COURSE I do!
Do I think it will be brought back? No. Too much time has passed since ENT. Hollywood expects a franchise reboot every 7 years or so it seems.

ST2009 and ITD are entertaining action movies that look like Star Trek, but to me they still feel like fanfic films that pay homage to OldTrek. After the third film, there be the inevitable trilogy boxset, but after that.... I don't think a new TV-series is very likely. It seems to me the age of space-opera on TV is over, for now.
Isolinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2013, 05:25 PM   #440
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Isn't that what "Parallels" essentially was? They almost had one big universe full of billions of Enterprises.

Also, another vote for Klingon 300!
250,000, but still, a lot.
Old September 14 2013, 11:13 PM   #441
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Isolinear wrote: View Post
ST2009 and ITD are entertaining action movies that look like Star Trek, but to me they still feel like fanfic films that pay homage to OldTrek.
Kinda like most of the other movies.

The Onmyouza Theatre: an unofficial international fanclub dedicated to the Japanese heavy metal band Onmyo-Za.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2013, 11:44 PM   #442
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Isolinear wrote: View Post
It seems to me the age of space-opera on TV is over, for now.
That's because the age of "TV" is more or less over.

Look at this year's Best Drama Emmy nods:
One is already streaming exclusive.

The others are:
Two are on premium channels.
Public broadcasting which is essentially premium paid for by taxes and donations.
And a basic cable channel.

All of those translate easily (and naturally) into streaming content. It's the wave of the future, and it's only a matter of time before the floodgates open. When they do, it's a whole new ballgame.

Oh, and yes to Klingon 300 please.
Old September 15 2013, 12:31 AM   #443
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post

I've been thinking about this and I can get behind it as long as it's J.J. Abrams Klingons that are featured. I don't think I can do anymore Klingons that look like rejects from heavy-metal hair bands.
Old September 15 2013, 12:50 AM   #444
USS Kongo
Fleet Captain

View USS Kongo's Twitter Profile

BillJ wrote: View Post

I've been thinking about this and I can get behind it as long as it's J.J. Abrams Klingons that are featured. I don't think I can do anymore Klingons that look like rejects from heavy-metal hair bands.
Agreed. The Next Gen/DS9 Klingons got on my nerves after a while.
USS Kongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2013, 01:36 AM   #445
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

"We are Fek'lhr's Fangs, Qo'noS!! Are you ready to rock???!!!!!"
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2013, 01:42 AM   #446
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
"We are Fek'lhr's Fangs, Qo'noS!! Are you ready to rock???!!!!!"
Old September 15 2013, 01:44 AM   #447
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

I have the title for the Klingon "300":

Warrior Women at the River of Blood.

(Bonus points if you get the reference.)
Old September 19 2013, 02:19 AM   #448
CorporalClegg
Admiral

The more I think about it, the more I like this idea. We're due for another time travel film, but howabout, instead of traveling back to Earth's past, we travel back to the Kronos's past for a change?

Something like:

The conflict is going badly, so some Marcus cohorts send a Red Matter bomb to blow up Kronos. Enterprise tries to stop the injustice, but they fail and the still bomb detonates inside Klingon solar system and Enterprise gets trapped in the vortex and sent back 1000 years.

Enterprise is damaged but not too badly, however the dilithium sustained enough damage that only slower warps are possible. Spock theorizes that it may be possible to return to their time by slingshoting around the sun at maximum warp. Of course, they don't have near enough power to even think of trying.

Then Carol mentions a terraforming project she proposed when she studying at Cambridge. It was ridiculed for being romantic and idealistic, but mostly people thought it impractical because the amount of energy required for something like that was immeasurable.

However, one of the best candidates she found in her research was the mined ore Klingons extracted from Praxis. In it's natural state, it was still one of the most uncommon elements in the universe, however it was the way the Klingons artificially refined it into an isotope that made it so powerful (and unstable).

The refining process was still secret, however, the reason Klingons came to know of it in the first place was because bits of Praxis fell to the planet, and the isotope formed over eons of decay into a ruby-like rock the women of this era wore as gaudy jewelery.

So Kirk decides to go find some. While they're there, they discover the two main House factions are in the middle of a blood feud. But there is a third party advocating for peace and trying to play mediator.

Spock suggests that, if they help the third faction, they might alter Klingon way of thinking enough to change their bloody path over the next millenia to the point where there might not be a war.

The PD gets thrown around and Bones argues they have no business telling another culture its way of life is wrong. Spock points out, that the bomb likely destroyed Kronos much like the drill did Vulcan. If they were to leave things as is, they were likely to go back to find it gone. And since Klingons are even more indigenously clustered than Vulcans, that they may be even fewer of them left. If they alter Klingon philosophy enough to ripply through the centuries to stop the war would ultimately meant the preservation of the species.

So after some Klingon 300 battles, bat'leth twirling, and other bloody stuff, they get their hands on one of the Praxis rocks and are about to go home when Kirk ask Spock why he doesn't adjust their calculations and take them back to when Nero first attacked the Narada.

Spock says, saving the Klingons was an imminent problem they were indirectly responsible for. However, the new time line has altered the course of trillions throughout the galaxy. The effect of reverting the timeline, or even just saving Vulcan, could have a potentially catastrophic effect on an unimaginable number of lives. The old course of events had its time, it was best they forget about it and accept their new fate.
Old September 19 2013, 10:31 AM   #449
Belz...
Fleet Captain

The more I think about it, the more I like this idea. We're due for another time travel film
Please no. No more time travel.

The Onmyouza Theatre: an unofficial international fanclub dedicated to the Japanese heavy metal band Onmyo-Za.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2013, 03:00 PM   #450
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

All the Red Matter is gone, and in the Prime verse it took the Vulcan Science Institute years to manufacture what we see in the film, giving it all to Spock when they realised it could stop Hobus. And they were the only ones that could make it.

So that stuff is gone for good.