USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 12 2013, 01:21 PM   #511
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Re: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Probably changes were made too late either on the script or animation side that delayed the final product.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2013, 05:29 AM   #512
Ithekro
Captain

Or it was the introduced TV schedule and then realization that their orignal schedule for theater and BD releases would happen after the TV episodes came out. Thus they had to shift the theater release ahead so they can get the theater sales before the TV episodes come out. And ran into problems because they didn't have has much time as they really needed.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2013, 05:35 PM   #513
RangerH
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Was hoping that a fansub group would have done eps 23 and 24 by now. I am guessing everyone is waiting for the BD's to come out in Oct instead.
RangerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2013, 06:59 PM   #514
Ithekro
Captain

That's that guess, yes. Or the person they have to "sub" it actually went to the theater and will be getting their BD copy about a month earlier that everyone else. We still would have to wait until the 25th or even October 10th, so something for one of those to come about. Otherwise, we wait until October 25th plus shipping time.

But they can be watched Raw, and about half to two thirds of it can be understood with series knowledge or just how things happen. I've found MBS can be watched online live as I've been watching the episodes as they air (1am Pacific time on Sunday).
Old September 18 2013, 11:18 PM   #515
RangerH
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ithekro wrote: View Post
That's that guess, yes. Or the person they have to "sub" it actually went to the theater and will be getting their BD copy about a month earlier that everyone else. We still would have to wait until the 25th or even October 10th, so something for one of those to come about. Otherwise, we wait until October 25th plus shipping time.

But they can be watched Raw, and about half to two thirds of it can be understood with series knowledge or just how things happen. I've found MBS can be watched online live as I've been watching the episodes as they air (1am Pacific time on Sunday).
I can understand the first part.

I have watched the original with subs, and I have the Starblazers version too on VHS. SO I pretty much know what will go on in the next 4 eps. Of course I would like to watch 2199 eps to see what they added and subtracted from the original. I can not watch MBS since I am on the east coast.

On another note. In almost all the eps, there is some sort of reference to either a movie or anime without actually naming them. It is always something that does not look obvious at first. Ep 14 there are two homages to a movie and an anime. When Yuki and Kodai return to the Yamato, it is rotating end over end, which if you have ever seen "2010 the year we make contact," you will see that the Space Ship Discovery does the same thing. The anime that is referenced is when they are in the elevator shaft going down and Yuki accidentally steps on on Kodais head. That is a homage to Vandread albeit reversed going up instead of down and the main male character runs into the woman's rear. There are more of these coincidences or homages in other eps. But you have to have a working knowledge about them. I wonder what is in the last four eps that will keep us all guessing. Oh I should point out that ep 5, before the fighters launch while getting ready and getting into their fighters, you hear all the noise of engines starting and at low levels. The same thing was in Star Wars before they launched to take on the Death Star.

Last edited by RangerH; September 19 2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old September 19 2013, 03:01 AM   #516
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

RangerH wrote: View Post
Was hoping that a fansub group would have done eps 23 and 24 by now.
There aren't that many fan translators to go around these days.
Old September 19 2013, 06:37 PM   #517
Ithekro
Captain

I found that one can watch "MBS TV Online" via some sort of streaming site. So I doubt it matters were in the world you are to view it. I found it via Google. It isn't the most stable thing though.
Old September 20 2013, 04:05 AM   #518
RangerH
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I found that one can watch "MBS TV Online" via some sort of streaming site. So I doubt it matters were in the world you are to view it. I found it via Google. It isn't the most stable thing though.

Google is popping up everything but MBS. Even going thru several pages. All the top hits, are for a lot of sites that are carrying it though. The sub that is. Even though there is no video. One site has had over 95,000 hits for ep 23 already. But no video.
Old September 20 2013, 07:19 PM   #519
Ithekro
Captain

http://tv.exitoostore.com/2013/09/tv-online-mbs-v2.html

I think this on works, but all it does it show MBS live. Not downloadable or even saved version of Yamato 2199. I just basically lets one watch TV from another country that, if you happen to be watching at the right time, will see the new episode of Yamato 2199,

That time being Sunday at 5:00 pm Tokyo Time. Which would be I think 4:00 am Eastern Time. 1:00 am Pacifc. 9:00 am GMT?
Old September 22 2013, 05:31 PM   #520
Ithekro
Captain

Well that was interesting.

(it is on nosub.tv now.)
Old September 22 2013, 11:32 PM   #521
RangerH
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well that was interesting.

(it is on nosub.tv now.)

It seems that you can only watch the current ep, not past eps. I tried to watch ep 24 and it gave me an oops not available. And I did not see ep 23 on the site.
Old September 23 2013, 02:05 AM   #522
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

I wonder if the ending for 25 is suppose to be a hook for a possible second season.
Old September 23 2013, 02:30 AM   #523
Ithekro
Captain

Would require more searching and torrents to see episodes 23 and 24 right now.

Preview for Episode 25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWEFn...layer_embedded

Preview for Episode 26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n6RJvkGOc0
Old September 23 2013, 11:43 PM   #524
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
Probably changes were made too late either on the script or animation side that delayed the final product.
I assume there's still been no word from the powers that be (with regard to the production of SBY 2199); as to whether doing a similar re-visioning of "The Comet Empire" is even being considered/discussed or not?
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2013, 01:33 AM   #525
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

I think the head producer has said he wants to do a prequel instead.