Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old September 13 2013, 07:12 PM   #31
jazzstick
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Just seen the last episode... I'm outrage!

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
jazzstick wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
These Are The Voyages had a nice concept, and could have made for an excellent two parter. But it would have cost money.

The Enterprise-E (the ENTIRE crew, from Picard down to Geordi) discovers the wreckage of the NX-01 enclosed in a comet. They are extremely puzzled, because there is no NX-01 anywhere to be found in the Starfleet databases.

They take the mission and personal logs and reconstruct the final missions on the holodeck. Based on that, they uncover a big conspiracy and battle the threat.

At the end, they return the ship and its crew home, making it public and putting the adventures of the NX-01 in its proper place in history books. Maybe T'Pol was still alive but lived in exile.

Yes! This would have been so much better than the shit in the bag that was the episode!

Was it so hard to do it right???
It would have also explained all the inconsistencies. They simply didn't know about the Enterprise missions in the 24th century.

I know, sir you are brilliant™!
Old September 13 2013, 07:25 PM   #32
dub
Fleet Captain

Just out of curiosity (because I'm a trekbbs newbie relative to a lot of folks in this thread), has anyone ever said they actually liked TATV?
Old September 13 2013, 07:55 PM   #33
Dukhat
Commodore

eezo wrote: View Post
Anyone know if Braga ever took any responsibility for this travesty?
No, but Berman did admit many years later that while he did have the best of intentions (and I believe him), too many people hated it for it not to have been a mistake.

Now with that said...

I kind of feel like he needs to personally apologise to me and every other enterprise fan who watched that utter waste of time.
No, you're not entitled to an apology. ENTERPRISE was a television show that was free for you to watch, and no one forced you to do so. I hated TATV too, but I don't expect B&B to personally send me a condolence letter, and neither should you.
Old September 13 2013, 08:20 PM   #34
jazzstick
Lieutenant Commander

I detect a lot of Butthurt™ on this thread!
Old September 13 2013, 10:36 PM   #35
eezo
Ensign

Dukhat wrote: View Post
Anyone know if Braga ever took any responsibility for this travesty?
No, but Berman did admit many years later that while he did have the best of intentions (and I believe him), too many people hated it for it not to have been a mistake.

Now with that said...

I kind of feel like he needs to personally apologise to me and every other enterprise fan who watched that utter waste of time.
No, you're not entitled to an apology. ENTERPRISE was a television show that was free for you to watch, and no one forced you to do so. I hated TATV too, but I don't expect B&B to personally send me a condolence letter, and neither should you.
Well I bought a box set on DVD as I missed it the first time around, so it wasn't free for me to watch at all. I still regard it as money well spent by the way.

That aside I don't actually expect a personal apology, that would be somewhat ridiculous! I do feel an apology to the fans in general would be nice though, without fans there is no trek, we are the ones who have kept them in employment for so long after all.
Old September 13 2013, 10:42 PM   #36
Dukhat
Commodore

Well I bought a box set on DVD as I missed it the first time around, so it wasn't free for me to watch at all. I still regard it as money well spent by the way.
Sorry if I came across as a little snide. However, I will point out that nobody forced you to buy the DVDs either

The thing is, ENT is done and over with. Any apology someone makes will not make TATV disappear. Just enjoy the new films and forget TATV ever happened.
Old September 13 2013, 11:19 PM   #37
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

My theory is that the holodeck is programmed to adjust the story for the user's personal tastes, kind of like Amazon recommendations. And the holodeck adjusted the story to have Trip die so Riker could be there to console T'Pol.
Old September 14 2013, 06:05 AM   #38
Gaith
Rear Admiral

dub wrote: View Post
Just out of curiosity (because I'm a trekbbs newbie relative to a lot of folks in this thread), has anyone ever said they actually liked TATV?
Hola.

I really liked and still like the franchise valentine concept, and even if it makes no sense with "The Pegasus", I loved seeing Riker and Troi again, and hearing Data.

Did it really work? No, not really; I'll admit that. But I've seen nearly all of ENT now, and think it deserved to be canceled, and that S4 is significantly overrated. "Demons/Terra Prime" has its heart in the right place, aye, but it's just not good.

Finally, taken strictly on its own terms as a forty-minute film, the ep's acting, writing, and direction is pretty darn good, and well above the series' average quality.

Hey, you asked.
Old September 14 2013, 08:00 AM   #39
Infern0
Captain

I can see why they did it.

Enterprise had been cancelled, as far as that era of star trek was concerned it was over, they wouldn't have known if Trek would ever be on TV again, so you know they kind of wanted to do a nod to TNG and TOS as well

It just was poorly excecuted
Old September 14 2013, 08:05 AM   #40
Tiberius
Commodore

I like to imagine that at the beginning of the holoprogram there was a little disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. Any similarities to actual persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
Old September 14 2013, 07:24 PM   #41
Isolinear
Lieutenant Commander

I agree Tiberius, it was just a very bad holodeck recreation.

I could live with Trip's death, if it was done right. But it's so....random. Must have been an unfinished holonovel by Voyager's Doc published without his permission, again!

edit: Oh wait, that's not possible right? It's TNG season 7. Oh well, plenty holodeck malfunctions back then.
Old September 15 2013, 05:19 AM   #42
SpHeRe31459
Captain

If it helps, Braga has apologized repeatedly for it. He did so again most recently on the Cast Reunion feature of the ENT Season 2 Blu-ray set.

But yes TATV is just terrible.
Old September 15 2013, 06:09 AM   #43
Dream
Admiral

Rick Berman: "Let's kill one of the most popular characters in the show in the series finale, and give him the lamest death EVER!

Brannon Braga: "GENIUS!"
Old September 15 2013, 11:08 AM   #44
teacock
Fleet Admiral

jazzstick wrote: View Post
I detect a lot of Butthurt™ on this thread!
We massage our pain at fairly constant intervals. We like it like that.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 15 2013, 06:52 PM   #45
Masiral
Commander

I did like the very end, with Picard, Kirk, and Archer delivering the "Space, the Final Frontier..." monologue. The rest of it was pretty horrible.
Closed Thread