February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old September 11 2013, 07:46 PM   #31
Christopher
Writer

Re: Your TAS memories

Stop it, you're making me sad that I lost my bridge playset during a move to a new house when I was ten.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2013, 11:19 PM   #32
Shawnster
Fleet Captain

Like Kelso, my first full exposure to TAS was through Foster's "Log" series. I'd heard of TAS and I'd read references to the episodes in Bjo Tremble's Concordance, but I never dreamed I would ever see the series. It wasn't in syndication anywhere that I knew of and I never thought it would.

Then in about 1985 (I think) Nickelodeon started broadcasting the entire series. Here I was, 13 or 14 and riveted by "new" Star Trek with Kirk, Spock and McCoy. I'd read some of the Logs and was finally able to see the episodes "live," so to speak.

I finally understood how the Klingon D-7 was able to "capture" and carry the Enterprise as depicted in the Concordance.

Shawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 12:03 AM   #33
Christopher
Writer

^What I don't understand is why they changed the red Delta Triangle backgrounds to black in the DVD release of "The Time Trap." Probably a color-correction error like the infamous de-greening of Majel Barrett in the Orion test footage from "The Cage," but if so, it was careless of them.

Old September 12 2013, 01:34 AM   #34
Kail
Commodore

Replacing the red space with plain old black is a major peeve with the DVds for me. Kelso, I wish I had some of those old super8 films I made back in the day, but they are all LONG gone. I made some pretty cool little films.

I'm very selective about the reality I accept.
Kail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 02:15 AM   #35
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

I used to draw my comics as a kid. When I drew Star Trek the characters looked like the TAS versions.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 02:50 AM   #36
BoredShipCapt'n
Commodore

Christopher wrote: View Post
^What I don't understand is why they changed the red Delta Triangle backgrounds to black in the DVD release of "The Time Trap." Probably a color-correction error like the infamous de-greening of Majel Barrett in the Orion test footage from "The Cage," but if so, it was careless of them.
Maybe they'll fix it on a future re-release if they get complaints.

BoredShipCapt'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 03:45 PM   #37
jpv2000
Captain

BoredShipCapt'n wrote: View Post
Maybe they'll fix it on a future re-release if they get complaints.

I wasn't even aware they had changed them. It had been years since I saw the episode, before I got the DVD set.
jpv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 10:50 PM   #38
BK613
Captain

Watched the original run. Bought the DVDs when TNG S4 Bluray released and rewatched this summer.
For me the theme was meh from the beginning but the underscore is still a favorite...
Old September 13 2013, 03:42 PM   #39
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

I guess I need to turn in my Star Trek fan badge, I've owned that DVD set since the day it came out, and watched that episode at least 200 times in the years since (one of my favorites), and I never once noticed that the background had been changed.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 05:53 PM   #40
Christopher
Writer

^Well, I only knew about it because I've heard it complained about on this BBS before. Although I do still have a very worn-out VHS copy of the episode (actually a VHS re-copy of a Beta copy of a VHS rental) that shows the original background color.