TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old September 13 2013, 02:08 AM   #16
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Re: I have an idea for the next Star Trek movie.

Austin 3:16 wrote: View Post
You know how next year's X-Men: Days of Future Past will have a time travel story involving both the X-Men cast from the first three X-Men movies and the cast from X-Men: First Class?

Well what if they did something kind of similar for the next Trek movie? Where prime Spock somehow finds a way to return to the prime universe, and has to seek out the help of Ambassador Picard to help the nuTrek timeline for something? I don't know what it would be, or how he would find a way back to the prime universe (maybe they would have Q or something). We could see cameos by TNG, DS9, and Voyager regulars.

The main reason why I had this idea is because I wanted to see the TNG crew (as well as the prime timeline) have a proper sendoff since Nemesis was such a poor movie.

What would you think of this?
Ovation wrote: View Post
This would be the first Trek film, ever, that I would not bother watching. Sorry.
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
No thanks, I'll pass.

Complete and utter pass on this.

Time to accept reality; this is Star Trek, now and for a long while. The moviegoers that aren't Trekfans have spoken with their wallets, and they like this movie; they mean a lot than just the fans who don't (or do) love the movie for Paramount and CBS Studios.

A better idea would be to make a movie based on one of the Bantam or Pocket novels (my preferred choice for a new movie story) but that probably won't happen.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 09:33 AM   #17
F. King Daniel
Admiral

ComicGuy89 wrote: View Post
Sounds like a good idea but I don't see it working. A lot of the actors are older now and it's just a bit too far-reaching to have them make another movie.

Most importantly, I can't imagine the fallout of such a movie. TNG fans would not be happy of the intermixing of the two universes, especially if they updated TNG to have the same aesthetics as the reboot universe.
There are fans that insist that Spock Prime isn't the same Spock we've seen from "The Cage" through to "Unification" but some other old Spock from a random parallel future. I can already see the posts: Picard didn't reference "The Inner Light", so it can't be him! Sisko never once mentioned the Breen! He's a faaaaaaake! Janeway's chair is upholstered wrongly! LCARS graphics don't animate like that, OMG they don't know anything about Star Trek!

Last edited by F. King Daniel; September 13 2013 at 08:29 PM.
F. King Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 02:05 PM   #18
YellowSubmarine
Rear Admiral

Imagine what would ensue if Picard and Janeway are on board, but the phrases "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot" and "Coffee. Black" are never uttered. It would be a disaster of unbelievable proportions.
Old September 13 2013, 03:42 PM   #19
ComicGuy89
Lieutenant Commander

YellowSubmarine wrote: View Post
Imagine what would ensue if Picard and Janeway are on board, but the phrases "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot" and "Coffee. Black" are never uttered. It would be a disaster of unbelievable proportions.
I think them uttering it would cause a bigger disaster.
ComicGuy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 04:10 PM   #20
Makarov
Captain

I don't think the general audience liking the new movies is a good argument against having TNG crossovers. The new movies both have spock prime in them and if the audience accepts that, they'll probably accept a TNG character showing up.
Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 04:14 PM   #21
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Makarov wrote: View Post
I don't think the general audience liking the new movies is a good argument against having TNG crossovers. The new movies both have spock prime in them and if the audience accepts that, they'll probably accept a TNG character showing up.
The reason audiences accept Spock (Nimoy) being there is because he is connected with the crew we are watching in action.
Old September 14 2013, 02:42 AM   #22
Ketrick
Lieutenant Commander

Austin 3:16 wrote: View Post
You know how next year's X-Men: Days of Future Past will have a time travel story involving both the X-Men cast from the first three X-Men movies and the cast from X-Men: First Class?

Well what if they did something kind of similar for the next Trek movie? Where prime Spock somehow finds a way to return to the prime universe, and has to seek out the help of Ambassador Picard to help the nuTrek timeline for something? I don't know what it would be, or how he would find a way back to the prime universe (maybe they would have Q or something). We could see cameos by TNG, DS9, and Voyager regulars.

The main reason why I had this idea is because I wanted to see the TNG crew (as well as the prime timeline) have a proper sendoff since Nemesis was such a poor movie.

What would you think of this?
I think an adaptation and slight reworking of Countdown would work far better and is far more plausible. The simple fact is, other than this, I don't think having TNG actors playing their old roles would fly with audiences and I don't see any of the Supreme Court going for this either.
Ketrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2013, 04:51 AM   #23
OpenMaw
Commander

I've honestly thought it would be pretty interesting if they did a TV movie based on the countdown comics. Indeed.
Old September 14 2013, 07:24 AM   #24
Ketrick
Lieutenant Commander

OpenMaw wrote: View Post
I've honestly thought it would be pretty interesting if they did a TV movie based on the countdown comics. Indeed.
Me too. I think it would be perfect for the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, especially if it was slightly reworked to have it be a flashback that Prime Spock has while having a conversation with his alternate self filling in the details as to how the alternate reality came into existence and have Captain Riker and the crew of the Titan including Tuvok appear along with appearances or mentions of Deep Space 9, Captain Kira Nerys, Captain Ezri Dax, Admiral Janeway, perhaps even a brief scene on the holodeck of the USS Titan of Captain Archer, T'Pol, and maybe even a mention of the newly discovered fact that Trip hadn't died but had gone undercover. Perhaps even the hologram scene with the cameo of William Shatner that Orci and Kurtzman wrote could be worked in somehow (preferably for me with the slight change that somehow or other Prime Kirk was brought back to life and survives in retirement with his wife, Teilani).

Of course, I doubt any of this will happen and if it did, Countdown is more likely to be adapted in animated form than live action.
Ketrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2013, 01:42 AM   #25
austen_pierce
Captain

Stewart said after Nemesis that he was done with the character of Picard, that he had explored that role completely. True people can change their minds (Nimoy), but I don't think we'll see Stewart-Picard again, and it's just too soon to be talking about a TNG reboot. We got TNG only because the TOS actors were getting too old to keep reprising their roles, yet fans clamored for more Trek. This Abrams cast has tons more fuel in the tank. We're in for at least one or more theatrical movies, maybe a spin-off TV something if we are extremely lucky. A TNG reboot is a decade away, but honestly, I don't know why anyone would go there instead of pursuing something more original.
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2013, 06:18 AM   #26
OpenMaw
Commander

Well... I think the TOS cast issue was less age, more money. Each movie they all demanded just a little more. They needed fresh meat at a cheaper rate.
Old September 15 2013, 05:37 PM   #27
Nero's Shadow
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Nero's Shadow

Klingons that is all KOR KOLOTH AND KANG !!! but get three really good actors to play them and chuck in cumberbatch as well !!!
Old September 16 2013, 02:17 AM   #28
austen_pierce
Captain

Nero's Shadow wrote: View Post
Klingons that is all KOR KOLOTH AND KANG !!! but get three really good actors to play them and chuck in cumberbatch as well !!!
Or maybe, finally a decent Romulan story. Give a nod to Balance of Terror? Redefine that bird of prey as a special project in response to the Narada? Show some Romulan perspective, reacting to one of their descendants destroying Vulcan?
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2013, 03:39 AM   #29
James

Ripoff a different TOS Star Trek movie and include a big evil dark ship. Now we need an evil dark Klingon super ship that would be a Negh'Var ripoff since we've already had an evil dark Romulan and Starfleet ship. They can ripoff one of the Klingon ship special weapons from Star Trek Armada. They like to reuse plots so it would make since to ripoff TSFS somehow. We've already had the Hulk and Robocop kick the Enterprise's ass, who's next Michael Keaton? Maybe Hugh Jackman can play an evil Klingon with a battleship that's name is the Klingon equivalent to a Wolverine and it can have a bunch of energy claws all over it.
Old September 16 2013, 04:02 AM   #30
OpenMaw
Commander

Terry Crews should be a Klingon bad guy.