Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

View Poll Results: Most attractive TOS male?
James Kirk 25 50.00%
Spock 13 26.00%
Leonard McCoy 3 6.00%
Kevin Riley 4 8.00%
Montgomery Scott 2 4.00%
Hikaru Sulu 2 4.00%
Pavel Chekov 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 11 2013, 09:24 AM   #31
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: Most Attractive Male

CommishSleer wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Now I need an example of a normal chest from you, if that is a chest where "something's wrong".
You don't think I have pictures of handsome guys chest just hanging around do you. After lots of research.

Here's pictures of Kirk, Spock and Sulu shirtless. Both Spock and Sulu are preferrable to Kirk.

Why can't anyone else see it.
Is it me that's wrong? I don't think so.
In all pictures you just showed, the other actors have even bigger manboobs than Shatner.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2013, 12:25 PM   #32
Sigokat
Commander

Location: Fort Bragg, NC but from Chicago (currently deployed)

teacake wrote: View Post
Sigokat wrote: View Post
hair slicked back
This should never happen. That it still happens in the future is disturbing.

I have a high and tight, so no reason to ever slick it back (and never did before joiing the Army).

I just meant that of Scott's 2 hair styles in TOS I thought the slicked back one looked better on him.
Old September 12 2013, 06:50 AM   #33
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon

Chekov was the cutest. Kirk looked too much like my dad, so no go there. A young McCoy would have been a real rival for Chekov.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 03:34 PM   #34
jpv2000
Captain

T'Bonz wrote: View Post
Chekov was the cutest. Kirk looked too much like my dad, so no go there. A young McCoy would have been a real rival for Chekov.
My daughter agrees with you on Chekov.
jpv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 08:05 AM   #35
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Chekov looks straight out of the Monkees to me, can't quite get past it.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 03:52 PM   #36
jpv2000
Captain

teacake wrote: View Post
Chekov looks straight out of the Monkees to me, can't quite get past it.
Exactly, why my daughter thought he was so cute. She actually thought he was Davy Jones when she first saw him. She was a huge fan.
jpv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2013, 12:05 PM   #37
nureintier
Commander

Yay! A thread objectifying the men of TOS! ^_^

As a woman I have to say I don't find Kirk attractive at all. I like him as a character (and Shatner as an actor) but he just doesn't do it for me in looks *shrugs*

Spock I do find attractive, it's that deep voice of his....
Agreed with all this. I voted for Spock.

He has a pretty mouth, too. I've had a crush on Nimoy for as long as I can remember. Still do. Always will.

I voted for Scott. I think he was a handsome man, especially when he had his hair slicked back. I also liked his character the best with Spock being a close second.
I was about to say the same about his hair. It was a real improvement when he had it slicked back. I never considered him attractive before that. It's not that I agree with anyone slicking their hair back, it's just that the other hairstyle was sort of awful looking and distracted from his face.
nureintier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 05:57 AM   #38
Rayna
Lieutenant Junior Grade

My answer is:
Kirk.
Kirk Kirk... Kirk.

However.. Spock is attractive, and in my opinion the lines of the eyebrows and ears actually artistically compliment Nimoy's face and make him really beautiful.

But... KIRK.
Rayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 06:02 AM   #39
Rayna
Lieutenant Junior Grade

teacock wrote: View Post
Shat is serious sex Shat is.

Thank you, Teacock, for this work of art.
Rayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 12:49 AM   #40
Corylea
Lieutenant

Spock! Always and forever, Spock.

Kirk's face is prettier, but Spock's face is more interesting, and I'll take interesting over pretty any day. Once you've seen Kirk's face, you've seen it, but I could look at Spock's face all day long. I also like his slender, less-bulky physique; we don't all want body builder types. He even has beautiful hands. Oh, and that GORGEOUS voice!

Of course, it's quite possible that I like Spock's looks so much because I like HIM so much -- the wonderful mind, the unstoppable curiosity, the devotion to science, the excellent ethics, the loyalty and devotion that he shows to his shipmates in general and Kirk in particular, and on and on and on.

I first saw Spock in 1969, when I was eleven, and he was my first-ever crush. I'm 55 now, and I STILL have a crush on Spock.

It amuses me to note that I married a man who's a highly intelligent scientist. My husband is tall and slender, with dark hair and a long, thin face. But no, I didn't marry Mr. Spock, because my husband readily expresses emotions. He also doesn't have a bowl cut.

If only my husband were capable of mind melds ... I'd really like to experience one of those.
Corylea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 03:46 AM   #41
nureintier
Commander

Well said, Corylea.

He does have beautiful hands.
Old October 24 2013, 11:12 AM   #42
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

As a teenager I liked Spock's angst, even though I had a life size poster of Kirk on the transporter pad on my bedroom door with the lip part worn out from over use.

I had a friend who was a huge Spock fan and even though we had no internet (because we were pathetically existing in the past, why Tom Paris idolizes such an era I have no idea) I knew that Spock was the hot one for all the tortured introverts out there. In the past you just knew things via osmosis which is what google was built on. And I was a tortured introvert. You can read all about us in David Gerrold's The World of Star Trek which details letters that the studio received from tortured lonely people who related to Star Trek.

And yet the pheromones that are the glorious man-ness of Captain James T. Kirk somehow leeched through my portable black and white tv with its snow and rolling picture and they uhh... FLIPPED a SWITCH in my barely adolescent brain.

I am not kidding here, I blame Captain James T. Kirk for making me a heterosexual.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 10:47 PM   #43
nureintier
Commander

teacock wrote: View Post
As a teenager I liked Spock's angst, even though I had a life size poster of Kirk on the transporter pad on my bedroom door with the lip part worn out from over use.

I had a friend who was a huge Spock fan and even though we had no internet (because we were pathetically existing in the past, why Tom Paris idolizes such an era I have no idea) I knew that Spock was the hot one for all the tortured introverts out there.
Haha, that must be it; I'm a tortured introvert, so I was more attracted to Spock. I mean, I admit that Kirk was pretty, but I dunno, he just did nothing for me.

I have a life size poster of Spock on the transporter pad. ^_^
Old October 25 2013, 12:18 AM   #44
Corylea
Lieutenant

nureintier wrote: View Post
Haha, that must be it; I'm a tortured introvert, so I was more attracted to Spock. I mean, I admit that Kirk was pretty, but I dunno, he just did nothing for me.
Same here! I can recognize that Kirk was pretty, but he's just ... not my type. Spock, on the other hand, has been my type for forty years.

I mostly like Spock because of who he IS, but I also love his looks. Those amazing cheekbones, those expressive eyes*, those well-shaped lips, those elegant ears and elegantly upswept eyebrows. Pardon me while I go swoon.

nureintier wrote: View Post
I have a life size poster of Spock on the transporter pad. ^_^
I have a poster of Spock bent over the science station on the bridge.

*For someone who was supposed to be cool and unemotional, Spock had very expressive eyes. For example, during the confrontation with Decker during "The Doomsday Machine," I was sure we were about to hear that there was such a thing as the Vulcan Death Glare. Mr. Nimoy sure can act.
Corylea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 11:25 AM   #45
nureintier
Commander

^I have a friend who gets mad and corrects me if I so much as suggest that Spock isn't very emotional. But what I usually mean is he doesn't do dumb stuff because of having emotions, like most of the humans do.

I forgot to mention those cheekbones in my post, haha. [*swoons*]

Last edited by nureintier; October 25 2013 at 01:17 PM.