Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 12 2013, 03:28 AM   #16
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: Jurassic Park 4 becomes 'Jurassic World'

I suppose if the story were really well-executed, it could work. But the concept itself feels pretty played out by now.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 03:51 AM   #17
Velocity
Commodore

davejames wrote: View Post
I suppose if the story were really well-executed, it could work. But the concept itself feels pretty played out by now.

Oh c'mon! It's dinosaurs! And they have been very well done in the past, so I'm in!

I must say, though, that the title Jurassic World makes me think of Wayne's World. "Jurassic World! DI-nosaurs! EXcellent!"
Old September 12 2013, 08:15 AM   #18
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

I like the idea of Jurassic World being about to genie being out of the bottle. The dinosaurs can no longer be contained on islands. They are on the mainland. Humanity better get used to it.
Old September 12 2013, 08:21 AM   #19
scotpens
Vice Admiral

Gojira wrote: View Post
I remeber reading that one JP4 script did have human/dino hybrid monsters. I think there was even some concept art about it. I am glad that never saw the light of day.
That idea sounds better suited to a SyFy cable movie. "Coming up next on SyFy: Humanosaurus!"
Old September 12 2013, 11:10 AM   #20
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
I like the idea of Jurassic World being about to genie being out of the bottle. The dinosaurs can no longer be contained on islands. They are on the mainland. Humanity better get used to it.
And what would the story be? How can the characters overcome and achieve anything? Like a) catching all dinosaurs, b) terminating all dinosaurs or c) escape from the planet.

Jurassic Park 4 is a doomed concept, I'm certain of that. It has all the traits of films that bombed and sucked. They don't have an inspired idea for a story, but they want another film. This kind of motivation has never resulted in a good film. I have read so much about shitty story ideas. Like some madman trying to combine human and dinosaur DNA. Another story was about someone using dinosaurs as distraction for a bank robbery. Now it's something like "Dinosaurs all over the world!" but what story is that?
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 04:43 PM   #21
davejames
Vice Admiral

The one way I think the idea could work is if you jumped forward in time 30 or 40 years and made it more of a post-apocalyptic movie, where the dinosaurs have completely taken over the planet again and humanity is now desperately trying to survive these things.

I'd rather see that than something where it's just a bunch of dinosaurs attacking our modern day world again (stomping through suburban neighborhoods, chomping on clueless beachgoers, etc).
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 04:47 PM   #22
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago

^Interesting idea, but it hardly sounds like something that should fall under the Jurassic Park franchise unless they're just hoping to lure people in.
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 05:03 PM   #23
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Well, just going by the previous films, there are already raptors loose somewhere around San Diego (the T-Rex couldn't have taken out the crew of the InGen ship in The Lost World) --though that ball was totally dropped by Spielberg-- and pterosaurs flying toward Central America while a hundred armed Marines just smile at them from machine gun equipped helicopters at the end of JPIII for some reason.

InGen would have to be broken as a corporation by this point after so many blunders, but there's still that rival company that was hinted at in the original Jurassic Park (the guys Nedry was planning on delivering the dino embryos to). I could see them setting up a dino smuggling operation and bringing the dinosaurs back to their lab(s) on the mainland around the world, where some of them are able to escape, either on their own or more likely with the help of idiots like Vince Vaughn's character. That way you could introduce a more varied mix of escaped dinosaurs than just raptors and pterosaurs if you want, which could get boring.

I could see the military bringing in people like Grant, Sattler, Malcolm, Harding, etc. as experts on dinosaur behavior so they can hunt them down and capture or kill (last resort with the scientists around, probably) them with special forces teams. Sort of like a fast reaction force to reports of dinosaurs on the loose. The kids from the previous movies could even get in on the action now that they're all adults (Joe Mazzello has a pretty prolific acting career going now).
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12 2013, 09:59 PM   #24
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
The one way I think the idea could work is if you jumped forward in time 30 or 40 years and made it more of a post-apocalyptic movie, where the dinosaurs have completely taken over the planet again and humanity is now desperately trying to survive these things.

I'd rather see that than something where it's just a bunch of dinosaurs attacking our modern day world again (stomping through suburban neighborhoods, chomping on clueless beachgoers, etc).
I think one of the script writers is from Rise of the Planet of the Apes. So there is a chance that the 4th one is about the world being over taken, then have a sequel where we lose and the last one is when the dinosaurs retake the planet.

The plan for the first h4th movie was going to be some company found the shaving creme can and started cloning weird dinosaur hybrids and such. Even though the shaving can would have long gone bad. Then the guy from Bones would be a power ranger training some dino-human-dog hybrids to kill the dinosaurs and terrorists or something dumb.

Here is the concept art of the canceled movie...

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/hum...4-concept-art/
Old September 12 2013, 10:04 PM   #25
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

I believe one of the idea was at the beginning of the film there would be a baseball game. Typical midwest little league game

Then Dinosaurs start running around the baseball field.
Old September 12 2013, 10:36 PM   #26
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I like the idea of jumping ahead a few decades, but not into a post-Apocalyptic world; rather into a post-post-Apocalyptic world where Humans have made peace with the return of dinosaurs. The dinosaurs could be domesticated and trained to take the place of lost technology. For example, the main character could have a job in a quarry that uses trained sauropods as cranes.
Old September 12 2013, 10:53 PM   #27
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
The dinosaurs could be domesticated and trained to take the place of lost technology. For example, the main character could have a job in a quarry that uses trained sauropods as cranes.

...That's called the Flintstones
Old September 12 2013, 11:04 PM   #28
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
The dinosaurs could be domesticated and trained to take the place of lost technology. For example, the main character could have a job in a quarry that uses trained sauropods as cranes.
Nothing gets by you.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 03:22 AM   #29
Gaith
Rear Admiral

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Jurassic Park 4 is a doomed concept, I'm certain of that. It has all the traits of films that bombed and sucked. They don't have an inspired idea for a story, but they want another film. This kind of motivation has never resulted in a good film. I have read so much about shitty story ideas. Like some madman trying to combine human and dinosaur DNA. Another story was about someone using dinosaurs as distraction for a bank robbery. Now it's something like "Dinosaurs all over the world!" but what story is that?
I wanna benefit the doubt, but gotta admit your thinking is entirely sound. Can we get a faithful adaptation of Doyle's The Lost World, already?!

Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 09:28 AM   #30
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Nothing gets by you.
Somebody always beats me to the best ideas.