Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old September 11 2013, 09:57 PM   #91
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Thoughts on Season 2

There were many things I liked about Season 2, such as the Cullah/Seska and Voyager story. Then there were some stories I wish was done a whole lot better like Tom Paris acting out of line to bring out the Maquis Traitor (Investigations almost ruined that story for me). I also liked many of the episodes this year with my top 5 being:

Deadlock
Resistance
Basics I
Meld
The Thaw

Overall, I would say it was a good season, but not a great season.
Old September 12 2013, 02:34 PM   #92
KaraBear
Captain

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
There were many things I liked about Season 2, such as the Cullah/Seska and Voyager story. Then there were some stories I wish was done a whole lot better like Tom Paris acting out of line to bring out the Maquis Traitor (Investigations almost ruined that story for me). I also liked many of the episodes this year with my top 5 being:

Deadlock
Resistance
Basics I
Meld
The Thaw

I would definatel agree with you about those being the highlights in season 2. I would also personally add Death Wish to that list because for one I love any Q episode, and two I thought the moral delema that Janeway faced was interesting.

Resistance is one of those episodes that while I love I'm reluctant to watch becaus it makes me cry at the end, but that just means it was well done.

I think the Thaw was really well done, the world they created bordered really well on a fun circus to creepy clown without being cheesy about it. I always wondered though, while they were being carrid to have their heads cut off, if they had just remained calm, would it have killed them?
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2013, 07:09 AM   #93
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

KaraBear wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post

Deadlock
Resistance
Basics I
Meld
The Thaw

I would definatel agree with you about those being the highlights in season 2. I would also personally add Death Wish to that list because for one I love any Q episode, and two I thought the moral delema that Janeway faced was interesting.

Resistance is one of those episodes that while I love I'm reluctant to watch becaus it makes me cry at the end, but that just means it was well done.

I think the Thaw was really well done, the world they created bordered really well on a fun circus to creepy clown without being cheesy about it. I always wondered though, while they were being carrid to have their heads cut off, if they had just remained calm, would it have killed them?
I forgot about Death Wish. While I liked Q and the Gray, Death Wish was the final Q episode post All Good Things... that I would consider a classic.
Old September 14 2013, 06:34 PM   #94
Isolinear
Lieutenant Commander

I never was a fan of the Kazon episodes, so Season 2 was definitely hit and miss for me.

Voyager travelled lightyear after lightyear, but still kept running into the same Kazon ships with Seska on board. On top of that, the Kazon were agressive morons, somehow capable of running starships!?! And don't get me started on their silly hairdo......

My favorite Season 2 episodes:

1. The Thaw
2. Projections
3. Prototype
4. Meld
5. Persistence of Vision
6. Non Sequitur
Isolinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2013, 07:02 PM   #95
dub
Captain

Isolinear wrote: View Post
Voyager travelled lightyear after lightyear, but still kept running into the same Kazon ships with Seska on board.
Yeah, I was thinking since they've been traveling at high warp (more or less) for the past 2 years, at some point soon Neelix isn't going to know anything about "this area of space." But I'm in season 3 and so far Neelix is still providing information. I don't get that.
dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2013, 07:12 PM   #96
Isolinear
Lieutenant Commander

dub wrote: View Post
Yeah, I was thinking since they've been traveling at high warp (more or less) for the past 2 years, at some point soon Neelix isn't going to know anything about "this area of space." But I'm in season 3 and so far Neelix is still providing information. I don't get that.
Actually one of the few continuity problems Voyager handled really well in my opinion. Soon my friend, soon....
Old September 14 2013, 07:18 PM   #97
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

dub wrote: View Post
Isolinear wrote: View Post
Voyager travelled lightyear after lightyear, but still kept running into the same Kazon ships with Seska on board.
Where in Season 3 are you? Don't want to spoil anything if this is your first time so I would suggest keep watching.
Old September 15 2013, 01:31 AM   #98
Pondwater
Fleet Captain

I enjoyed the episodes encountering the Vidiians over the Kazon. My favorites of season 2 include: "Lifesigns", "Deadlock", "Resolutions", "Deathwish" and "The Thaw".
Pondwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2013, 08:30 PM   #99
Isolinear
Lieutenant Commander

Pondwater wrote: View Post
I enjoyed the episodes encountering the Vidiians over the Kazon. My favorites of season 2 include: "Lifesigns", "Deadlock", "Resolutions", "Deathwish" and "The Thaw".
The Thaw is a real nightmare, the only truly scary Star Trek episode. That clown was the most unpredictable villain in all of Star Trek. A 10 out of 10.
Old September 15 2013, 09:29 PM   #100
Captain Kathryn
Fleet Captain

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

I love Michael McKean (he played the clown) so I've always had a soft spot for that episode. He is a very funny actor.
Old September 16 2013, 08:46 AM   #101
R. Star
Rear Admiral

That clown wasn't funny... he was threatening. KcKean is quite possibly the only person ever to pull off the evil clown without seeming ridiculous.
Old September 16 2013, 01:44 PM   #102
Captain Kathryn
Fleet Captain

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

I meant I think he is funny in general.

The clown he played in The Thaw was creepy.
Old September 16 2013, 02:01 PM   #103
KaraBear
Captain

R. Star wrote: View Post
That clown wasn't funny... he was threatening. KcKean is quite possibly the only person ever to pull off the evil clown without seeming ridiculous.
I think that was the best thing about the episode. As a clown it could have easitly been over the top, or rediculous, but it was done just right
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 01:21 AM   #104
garaks the best
Lieutenant

This season was very hit and miss for me although i loved episodes like meld. Tuvix however marked the first time i was ever angry at janeway (i like her most of the time) and tattoo was incredibly boring.
garaks the best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2013, 01:29 AM   #105
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I can't stand The Thaw, I find it unbearable to watch.

I guess this sums it up:

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote