Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old September 7 2013, 05:07 AM   #136
JWPlatt
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

Aatrek wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Those of you who buy now are going to kick your own asses when they release a better edition in a couple of months.
I highly, higly doubt that there will any kind of "combined" release in the near future.
Bill Hunt of DigitalBits.com posted a link to an interview today where he says he is in contact with Paramount and working with them for a more optimistic outcome. Rather than paraphrase Mr. Hunt here, everyone should give his insightful interview a good listen. They even mention TrekCore.

In His My2Cents Blog Today, Bill Hunt wrote:
And finally today, I had the pleasure of participating in a 37-minute audio podcast with the Geek League of America’s Adam Moreau the other day. The topic was none other than Paramount’s recent Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray debacle, as well as recent trends in the home video industry away from physical media. It was great fun and our discussion was pretty interesting, so give it a listen here and enjoy!
Article: http://www.digitalbits.com/columns/m...ts/090613_1400

Interview: http://geekleagueofamerica.com/2013/...-digital-bits/

Just to add a brief message from near the end of the interview, Mr. Hunt says what I've been saying:

"The movie industry thinking is we're gonna make the product we're gonna make and you're gonna buy it. So you really have to hold their feet to the fire and say, no, this is the kind of product we want and this is what we want you to deliver to us or we won't buy it." Awesome message. Awesome advocate.

Last edited by JWPlatt; September 7 2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old September 7 2013, 02:21 PM   #137
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

So, the weekly ads for Target and Walmart have come out.

Walmart is selling both Abramsverse films together on Blu-ray for 19.99, which is the same price as the Target exclusive for just STID. They don't say what the Walmart price will be for the STID Blu-ray alone ( though one imagines it's also 19.99 because retail pricing defies logic ). Meanwhile, Walmart's advertised sale price for the DVD is a dollar higher than the preorder price they've had online already.

I'm so confused.
Old September 8 2013, 01:35 PM   #138
austen_pierce
Captain

Set Harth wrote: View Post
because retail pricing defies logic
Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh..... You can buy all 6 original cast movies on BluRay for about $40 but TOS can't be had for less than $120 ???
Old September 8 2013, 03:00 PM   #139
Boo! Did I Scare Ya?
Admiral

austen_pierce wrote: View Post
Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh..... You can buy all 6 original cast movies on BluRay for about $40 but TOS can't be had for less than $120 ???
You got to keep an eye out. A short while ago, all three remastered seasons were available for under 80 bucks.
Old September 8 2013, 08:35 PM   #140
austen_pierce
Captain

bbailey861 wrote: View Post
You got to keep an eye out. A short while ago, all three remastered seasons were available for under 80 bucks.
Good to know. I have TOS on DVD, but that's not the remastered version, which I covet. Will definitely hold out for a better price though.
Old September 9 2013, 02:03 PM   #141
trekker670
Fleet Captain

bbailey861 wrote: View Post
It isn't unreasonable for TOS to cost more. The 6 movie set has 6 discs. The TOS set has ~18, plus a lot more work went into restoring it. And as BBailey stated, Amazon's been having it available pretty consistently under $100 for the last several months now.
Old September 10 2013, 03:44 AM   #142
imranbecks
Lieutenant Commander

My order for the Limited Edition bluray set that comes with the phaser prop replica has just shipped out from Amazon! This I think is a good deal as it comes with the phaser prop replica which cost a lot more than the bluray set if you were to get the phaser on its own on ebay or anywhere else..

And like someone here mentioned, I too don't really care much about the additional contents etc etc... Whats important is the movie in crystal clear HD quality which I can enjoy at the comfort of my home.

Old September 10 2013, 12:32 PM   #143
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Mine is in Cincinnati. Now it's time to play the waiting game.

Old September 10 2013, 05:47 PM   #144
BillJ
Admiral

It has arrived!
Old September 10 2013, 05:54 PM   #145
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

imranbecks wrote: View Post
My order for the Limited Edition bluray set that comes with the phaser prop replica has just shipped out from Amazon! This I think is a good deal as it comes with the phaser prop replica which cost a lot more than the bluray set if you were to get the phaser on its own on ebay or anywhere else..

And like someone here mentioned, I too don't really care much about the additional contents etc etc... Whats important is the movie in crystal clear HD quality which I can enjoy at the comfort of my home.
Didn't they already sell a phaser blu ray box with Star Trek 2009?

Last edited by JarodRussell; September 10 2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old September 10 2013, 06:55 PM   #146
BillJ
Admiral

Absolutely stunning movie and fun to watch.
Old September 10 2013, 06:56 PM   #147
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

[ IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7301/9715302906_2aa337e459_b.jpg[/ IMG]
Did they? There was a set which included an Enterprise model, but a phaser set I'm less sure about.
Old September 10 2013, 07:05 PM   #148
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

M'Sharak wrote: View Post

[ IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7301/9...a337e459_b.jpg[/ IMG]
Did they? There was a set which included an Enterprise model, but a phaser set I'm less sure about.
I don't think they did but I'm not 100% sure either.
But what if they did? Is it not allowed to happen again for some reason?

Btw it's supposed to be a new redesigned version, whatever that means, according to Qmx

Old September 10 2013, 07:21 PM   #149
The Creeper
Commodore

I got THIS. Figure the SF will all be online eventually anyway, I can wait for them.
Old September 10 2013, 07:21 PM   #150
JWPlatt
Lieutenant Commander

Do we really need to include big-ass marketing images when we quote posts?
Closed Thread